The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keromedic
There's only 2, surely you can handle 2 :tongue:.

I mean D1 is one of the compulsory modules. I mean..I'd've been okay with him saying that to do Fp3 and M3, you had to have certain prerequisite's but.... oh well :frown:

Just do the D... it isn't hard :wink:
Original post by Branman
Does anyone have experience with A2 AQA Further Maths? I'm really desperate for an A*, but I've heard that the A2 FP units are really hard. :frown: I' doing FP2 and FP4, alongside M2. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I'm going into year 12 this year... I'll be with aqa for f.maths, I'm doing FP3 next year! :lol: and FP2 but haven't covered that yet...

M2: Has extra topics that the other boards have on M3:colonhash: so we need circular motion and that, I haven't covered it all so couldn't say.

FP2: I find harder than FP3 content wise... But it's okay actually! Only thing I find "hard" are the easy things like series and proofs!

FP4: really nice :teeth: vectors are good, and so are matrices. But determinants with factorising and that is meeeeeh

Work hard and you'll be fine, high boundaries though I've seen!:eek:

We'll be sitting 2 same modules I think :smile:
Original post by Pandora.
I could try, but I'm not sure if there'll be enough room this year. :frown:

Spoiler

In any case, I've heard that although D1 isn't that difficult, D2 is genuinely hard. Can any one else verify this?
In any case, I've heard that although D1 isn't that difficult, D2 is genuinely hard? Can any one else verify this?

I found D1 much harder than D2.
Original post by CJG21

Really? Are the topics similar?

Aw :h: I think some of them definitely did! Some I really understood and they seemed pretty cool people, but God - when the same people don't stop answering questions during tutorials, I want to punch them. :eek:

:yes: that's uni for you :tongue: Oh wow, remind me never to answer questions around you :rofl:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Just do the D... it isn't hard :wink:

Have you?
Reply 527
In any case, I've heard that although D1 isn't that difficult, D2 is genuinely hard. Can any one else verify this?
I've found D1 very hard, but possibly due to bad teaching. I have heard that D2, whilst interesting, is pretty hard though.
Original post by Felix Felicis
:biggrin: Just randomly browsing through stuff..

No, I'll most likely leave out S4/ D1/ D2 and only take AFM to AS.

Does your school do any Ds Felix? :colonhash:
Original post by CJG21

Depends on how you handle it, go fast and rough with it and D2 will get a lot harder.

Spoiler

I've found D1 very hard, but possibly due to bad teaching. I have heard that D2, whilst interesting, is pretty hard though.

Would you say that they stick lower caliber teachers with the easier modules?
Reply 531
Original post by mynameisntbobk
:yes: that's uni for you :tongue: Oh wow, remind me never to answer questions around you :rofl:
Yep! :tongue: Oh don't worry, I would hope that you would leave room for other people to get a word in edgeways. :wink:
:woo: more chemists :ahee:
Really? Are the topics similar?

Sort of. In D1, there are lots of similar things that are easily confused. In D2 it is really obvious what you need to do on every question.
Have you?

Nah :nah:, I don't see the point in doing it unless you were desperate for an A
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:woo: more chemists :ahee:

:biggrin:

All these mathematicians... :/
Original post by CJG21
Sort of. In D1, there are lots of similar things that are easily confused. In D2 it is really obvious what you need to do on every question.

Fair enough. Like how in S1 there's loads of topics and in S2, it's just distribution, afaik?
Original post by CJG21
I'm thinking of doing 4 A2 next year so I'm not looking forward to all that work.

And unlucky with D2, but it's very easy to cock up on decision, one simple arithemetical error and you lose lots of marks.

Good luck. And I know.. But pretty much all of my final answers ageed with a couple of the people in my class who no managed 100UMS each.. Might get my script back..
Reply 538
Would you say that they stick lower caliber teachers with the easier modules?
Hmm, good question. My D1 teacher was actually the head of dept, but I know from other subjects that the better teacher teachers the harder stuff (eg. exam content), while the other is left to teach stuff like coursework, which is easier to both teach and edit if not up to standard.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Nah :nah:, I don't see the point in doing it unless you were desperate for an A

What's the point of doing M5, for non mathmos and physicists?

Latest