The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yaboy
Since when can you move twice in one window?

You can move as many times as you want in a window; though you can not play for 3 different clubs in one calendar year. That was why Lukaku didn't go on loan to Stoke the year we signed him - he had played for Anderlecht and Chelsea, thus couldn't play again.
Reply 5281
in my eyes ibra is the best out and out striker there is, the man is pure class, i would genuinely consider our chances to be improved ten fold if we signed him!
Reply 5282
Original post by billybo_h
You can move as many times as you want in a window; though you can not play for 3 different clubs in one calendar year. That was why Lukaku didn't go on loan to Stoke the year we signed him - he had played for Anderlecht and Chelsea, thus couldn't play again.

So how on earth will Falcao be allowed to move to chelsea?
Original post by yaboy
So how on earth will Falcao be allowed to move to chelsea?

He could move, but he wouldn't be allowed to play. So I would take those rumours with a salt-shakers worth of salt rather than just a pinch. Seems like a load of hearsay rather than anything substantial.

Anyway, just been able to watch the highlights as I was out when the game was on. The first half looked incredible; the passing was fast and direct, some of the team play was great, and Oscar looked as effective as he does for Brazil. Really feel like he has the most natural talent out of any player in our squad.
Reply 5284

KDB :adore:
Reply 5285
Original post by UnWise

KDB :adore:
His nutmeg assist for Oscar today was also pretty :coma:
Reply 5286
Ramires didn't have an utterly awful game either. Apparently De Rossi may be on the move again as well, if we get him, regardless of whether we get another striker, then we really can compete for the league imo. And if we got him I'd be slightly more optimistic for the Supercup too.
Reply 5287
Original post by Nickini
His nutmeg assist for Oscar today was also pretty :coma:

Two words:

First. Class.
Reply 5288
I don't think we have a striker issue tbh. If Falcao had come on in the 75th minute like Lukaku he wouldn't have scored either with the way we were playing at that point. If Lukaku had started I'm sure he'd have scored, I say stick with him
Reply 5289
Lukaku should start tbh in less than 1min he made a good opportunity for Schurlle to score and his direct threat is better than torres running into a wall of defenders while Hull are rubbish they're going to put their guys behind the ball and torres has to get past a wall of defenders which ain't his style
Reply 5290
Anyway I think terry should partner ivan for this game and we play on the counter deep line defending as van persie will find gaps otherwise and a high line against united is suicide with welbeck kagawa nani antonio. I believe we would get a 1-1 draw though tbh and we should play 1 of schurlle/moses then eden and mata for the threat on the counter. I feel the wingbacks are united weakest point defensively so a winger who is likely to go out wide like moses and work hard defending will be good for us and we get eden on the touchline. Lukaku will hold up the ball and with his pace will hit the team on the counter too
Same old Mourinho, same old Chelsea. What an utterly boring game that was yesterday.
Reply 5292
Original post by Jonah Ramone
Same old Mourinho, same old Chelsea. What an utterly boring game that was yesterday.

You must be fun at parties.
Reply 5293
Original post by Jonah Ramone

Clean sheet more important than entertainment :lol:. At least we didn't defend all game and hoof it to drogba but I think we're trying to go and beat our clean sheet record :rofl: 1-0 ftw
Tbfh you were playing Hull who I expect will finish 19th or 20th.
Reply 5295
Yeah I think they'll be 20th tbh while bad we did a lot of 2-0's in pre-season like this like against inter
Original post by Zerforax
Tbfh you were playing Hull who I expect will finish 19th or 20th.

We should've been like 5-0 up at half time plus a blatant penalty denied in the second half. Created so much
Reply 5297
Once we went 2-0 after the first half an hour we let the game open up more. Hull didn't look like scoring, had we played with the same high intensity we did for the first half an hour for longer we could have scored more, but at the cost of tiring out our players, many of which had played an international midweek fixture and we've got Villa on Wednesday and United and Bayern next week. Makes far more sense to secure a comfortable 2-0 win than tire out your players on the first day of the season pushing for a large win.
Original post by 9MmBulletz
We should've been like 5-0 up at half time plus a blatant penalty denied in the second half. Created so much

It was a great performance but I'm just suggesting it be put into context..

When you do that against a side like Villa/Everton/Southampton/West Ham or away from home, then I'd be more excited about the attacking football etc.

Hull will make a lot of teams look like Barcelona this season..
Reply 5299
Original post by Nickini
Once we went 2-0 after the first half an hour we let the game open up more. Hull didn't look like scoring, had we played with the same high intensity we did for the first half an hour for longer we could have scored more, but at the cost of tiring out our players, many of which had played an international midweek fixture and we've got Villa on Wednesday and United and Bayern next week. Makes far more sense to secure a comfortable 2-0 win than tire out your players on the first day of the season pushing for a large win.

Yeah thought so there's no point tiring out the players tbh as we got 3 games in 10 days like last season

Latest