The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mynameisntbobk
Haha, well I'm sure she'll be thankful.

So much hate for her tonight I don't think I can bear it :redface: I better get some shut eye before I end up in tears

You've got to be her biggest fan :tongue: I think some recognition is deserved :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CJG21
Crap AS grades though, so my hopes are pretty dashed.

Define crap!

I'm gonna sleep now, and my sisters wedding is tomorrow... So I might be on for a bit but yeah... :ninja:

Night guys
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Define crap!

I'm gonna sleep now, and my sisters wedding is tomorrow... So I might be on for a bit but yeah... :ninja:

Night guys

AAAB, only 269/300 in chem.

Night.
Original post by Lucy96
Don't worry, I think she's amazing :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Prsom :frown: I'll defo have to rep you when I get to :smile:

:jumphug:
Original post by Endless Blue
You've got to be her biggest fan :tongue: I think some recognition is deserved :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly love her voice and her attitude and her :tongue:
Reply 584
Original post by CJG21
AAAB, only 269/300 in chem.

Night.

Meh it's what I got with only one subject, maths, getting over 90%. You could still apply to almost any uni though. I'd say every except Cambridge maybe Oxford, Imperial as well
Original post by adi19956
Meh it's what I got with only one subject, maths, getting over 90%. You could still apply to almost any uni though. I'd say every except Cambridge maybe Oxford, Imperial as well

So your saying I shouldn't bother applying to Oxford or Imperial?
Ellie Goulding's at number 1 in the official charts with 'Burn'.

I'm so happy right now, I just want to thank everyone who's supported her, her first ever UK number 1, and surely not her last.

I like Ellie Goulding too, but why did you post this here? :confused:
Reply 587
Original post by CJG21
So your saying I shouldn't bother applying to Oxford or Imperial?

I don't know. I'm not, but I am applying to Durham which is remarkably similar. Might be easier with interviewing universities and unis with a test if you can appear passionate and do well in the test. Are you applying for chemistry? If so Oxford has quite a high success rate (almost 40%) and 95% get to interview.
As I said, it's mainly Cambridge that I wouldn't apply to
I don't know. I'm not, but I am applying to Durham which is remarkably similar. Might be easier with interviewing universities and unis with a test if you can appear passionate and do well in the test. Are you applying for chemistry? If so Oxford has quite a high success rate (almost 40%) and 95% get to interview.
As I said, it's mainly Cambridge that I wouldn't apply to

I am applying for chemistry, yes. I think my PS will be okay, I have done extra reading and I did the C3L6, and my GCSEs are okay (6a*,3a,1b, 4a* in btec). If I drop the B subject and have 3as to A2, I hope they will just not really take into account the B in AS. I should be predicted A*A*A. But I don't want to waste an offer if it is hopeless.

I'm thinking Bristol, Warwick, Manchester, Oxford (maybe), Imperial (maybe), Durham (maybe), Edinburgh (maybe).
Reply 589
Original post by CJG21
I am applying for chemistry, yes. I think my PS will be okay, I have done extra reading and I did the C3L6, and my GCSEs are okay (6a*,3a,1b, 4a* in btec). If I drop the B subject and have 3as to A2, I hope they will just not really take into account the B in AS. I should be predicted A*A*A. But I don't want to waste an offer if it is hopeless.

I'm thinking Bristol, Warwick, Manchester, Oxford (maybe), Imperial (maybe), Durham (maybe), Edinburgh (maybe).

Yeah you're pretty similar to me, but hedge your bets by applying to 1/2 high risk unis, 1/2 medium risk unis and 1/2 low risk unis.
Your results are pretty similar to mine, same AS grades, same GCSE A*s and I think I'll be predicted A*AA - A*A*A. Although I'm applying for physics.

My profile will be:
Durham (A*AA offer) HIGH risk
Birmingham (A*AA offer) Highish risk
Nottingham (AAA - A*AA offer) Medium risk
Sheffield (AAB offer) Lowish risk
Liverpool (AAB offer, but was in clearing with BBB offer) LOW risk

So for you I'd apply to any three of Oxford, Imperial, Durham and Edinburgh then another two our of the ones listed. I see Warwick and Manchester are especially safe for you. If you think you'll be predicted A*A*A then that's 4 grades above their standard 3 year course entry requirements!! Unless you love them I'd go for something more ambitious. There's safe and there's not being satisfied. Although they're all very good Russell Group universities.
What were your UMSs out of interest?
Yeah you're pretty similar to me, but hedge your bets by applying to 1/2 high risk unis, 1/2 medium risk unis and 1/2 low risk unis.
Your results are pretty similar to mine, same AS grades, same GCSE A*s and I think I'll be predicted A*AA - A*A*A. Although I'm applying for physics.

My profile will be:
Durham (A*AA offer) HIGH risk
Birmingham (A*AA offer) Highish risk
Nottingham (AAA - A*AA offer) Medium risk
Sheffield (AAB offer) Lowish risk
Liverpool (AAB offer, but was in clearing with BBB offer) LOW risk

So for you I'd apply to any three of Oxford, Imperial, Durham and Edinburgh then another two our of the ones listed. I see Warwick and Manchester are especially safe for you. If you think you'll be predicted A*A*A then that's 4 grades above their standard 3 year course entry requirements!! Unless you love them I'd go for something more ambitious. There's safe and there's not being satisfied. Although they're all very good Russell Group universities.
What were your UMSs out of interest?

Grades for chem are quite low, but I went to Manchester on an open day and loved it. It's AAA for the 4 year, but if you cock up they let you in on the 3 year with ABB. Warwick is AAB, as is Nottingham, which I am looking at. I'm going to Durham, Warwick, Bristol, and Edinburgh in the next few weeks (dad not pleased, costing him a fortune :biggrin:) so I'll have to see. I really like Imperial on paper, and I don't think I'm going to like Durham.

My UMS:

Chemistry 269/300
Maths 282/300
Further Maths 266/300
Physics 234/300 (Nearly :frown: )
Good to see we are beating the year 12s for posts :biggrin:
Original post by AlanAlty
I like Ellie Goulding too, but why did you post this here? :confused:

I'm a big fan :tongue:
Original post by CJG21

Yes apply to those...

Oxford
Imperial/Durham
Edinburgh/Warwick
Manchester

Or whatever, definitely apply to Oxford/Imperial or both if you want.
Reply 594
Ellie Goulding's at number 1 in the official charts with 'Burn'.

I'm so happy right now, I just want to thank everyone who's supported her, her first ever UK number 1, and surely not her last.

:woo: that's awesome, I love the song as well, very catchy :smile:

Don't bother with that CJG guy, he just hates everything. :wink:
Original post by Robbie242
:woo: that's awesome, I love the song as well, very catchy :smile:

Don't bother with that CJG guy, he just hates everything. :wink:

:woo: Have you seen the halcyon days sampler yet? You my everything sounds way better than I anticipated and goodness gracious sounds like an absolute tune

I've noticed :tongue: but he likes chemistry so I'm at a crossroad
Reply 596
:woo: Have you seen the halcyon days sampler yet? You my everything sounds way better than I anticipated and goodness gracious sounds like an absolute tune

I've noticed :tongue: but he likes chemistry so I'm at a crossroad

Nope have you got a link :teeth:

Ahah, I would've liked chemistry if I took it but I can't get over the fact he hates maths
Original post by Robbie242
Nope have you got a link :teeth:

Ahah, I would've liked chemistry if I took it but I can't get over the fact he hates maths

Its not available on mobile unfortunately http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCjLSe6R9e4

Do you think? Chemistry is quite different to maths :tongue: he hates maths as well :eek:
Original post by Lucy96
Very nice :smile: and yeah that's fair enough! I really wish I'd done Psychology instead of Chemistry as I'd originally planned :frown: Thinking of Evolutionary Anthropology, it's got elements of history and biology which are my favourite subjects, and then hopefully I'll do a masters in Paleoanthropology afterwards :smile:

I don't want to seem stupid, but I have no idea what paleoanthropology is..?
Original post by usycool1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

Course: Politics and History
AS subjects: Politics (A) Media (A) History (B)
A2 subjects: Politics, Media, History
Universities: Oxford Brookes, Westmnster, Brunel, Northampton, Reading

Very happy about those results anyway :biggrin:

Latest