The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else panicking, not just for results but for A Levels in general?

English Literature and Language - Edexcel
French - WJEC
Religious Studies - AQA
EPQ - AQA
Government and Politics - Edexcel (still undecided on that or media studies)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 601
Original post by SophF_rth
Grr :tongue:
I'm assuming they just hate where I live. Whoever they are :redface:

The bus company? :tongue:
Ahhh it's been a while since I've been in one of these! May as well introduce myself:awesome:
All I've been doing:

Stressing about my results coming in 3 days

C1, C2 and FP1 for MEI Maths and F.Maths books taking ages to get in stock and at this very moment in time its vital I get somee revision down before I start :colonhash:

Trying to enjoy every last bit of this brain-mushing holiday :ahee:

I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics and a whole bunch of other cool stuff when I go college!!!

Well that's me, what about you guys?:colondollar:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JustaDreamer

I've got A*s in triple science and Maths, and an A in Religious studies. :colondollar: Haha thanks; I'll need the confidence once I'm holding that envelope!

Well done! :smile: you've already got such good results I'm sure Lit will be the same. Unless like me you're 4 ums off the next boundary. I really should have got it remarked :frown:

The question is... Where will you open your envelope? With friends or on your own? :wink:
Original post by Mr.Nor
The bus company? :tongue:

Yeah, I'd go for them :mad:

Anyway, what is your plan for today? :smile:
Original post by LikeNarnia

Yay!:biggrin:
Reply 606
I guess I can't win then! Unless... Wouldn't you enjoy looking out of your window and seeing fields across the road?

Gatwick :smile: quite far from you!

I prefer my view. Houses, cars, streetlights, a football stadium in the background. It shows how humans have developed. Not just some grass:wink:.
Well done! :smile: you've already got such good results I'm sure Lit will be the same. Unless like me you're 4 ums off the next boundary. I really should have got it remarked :frown:

The question is... Where will you open your envelope? With friends or on your own? :wink:

Thank you! I certainly hope so :smile: Ah right :frown: Why didn't you? Hmm I'll probably open my envelope with my friends; but with my back faced towards them...or just right in front I guess. Nerves; it all depends on the day!
Original post by LikeNarnia
Anyone else panicking, not just for results but for A Levels in general?

English Literature and Language - Edexcel
French - WJEC
Religious Studies - AQA
EPQ - AQA
Government and Politics - Edexcel (still undecided on that or media studies)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do/will do again Politics with Edexcel. I think it's really interesting and if you're good at essay (2 per exams + 4 smaller questions) you'll be fine.
I don't know what you know about it already but you learn 4 different topics eg unit 1 Pressure Groups, Politics parties, Democracy, Electoral systems. And in the exam you are given a question on each topic BUT you only have to answer 2 questions. :smile:
Original post by Red Fox
I prefer my view. Houses, cars, streetlights, a football stadium in the background. It shows how humans have developed. Not just some grass:wink:.

Hahaha, but don't you like the beauty of a scenic view, not some boring ugly houses? You could go for walks in the fields. Even train liek i have done in the past! And right now I can hear horses trotting along the road. :biggrin:
Hello everyone!
I'm restarting Year 12 so now going to be in your year :tongue: Good luck for results day y'all.

I'll be doing:
Maths (OCR)
Business Studies (AQA)
Psychology (OCR)
Gov and politics (Edexcel)

Howdy! I will also be resitting the year.
Its soo going to be awkward making friends with people who are a year younger than us.

Im leaving my sixth - transferring to college, what about you??
is everyone asking for script photocopies and remarks once they get back into school or are you all doing it now ?
Original post by krishkmistry
is everyone asking for script photocopies and remarks once they get back into school or are you all doing it now ?

I'm not going back to my school :erm: I'll have to do it on GCSE results day...
Reply 613
Hahaha, but don't you like the beauty of a scenic view, not some boring ugly houses? You could go for walks in the fields. Even train liek i have done in the past! And right now I can hear horses trotting along the road. :biggrin:

Nah I prefer a built up area. I can walk through the streets. Horses just poo everywhere:biggrin:
Original post by JustaDreamer
Thank you! I certainly hope so :smile: Ah right :frown: Why didn't you? Hmm I'll probably open my envelope with my friends; but with my back faced towards them...or just right in front I guess. Nerves; it all depends on the day!

I don't actually know I think I was more upset about my Elang results like most people! now I really wish I did!

Ah right, that's what I did too, tbh everyone was bothered about their own results so didn't really matter. Or like this year I knew I'd fail and already had a place to restart somewhere else so I pretty much shouted our my results to make everyone else feel better (DDDU).
Reply 615
Yeah, I'd go for them :mad:

Anyway, what is your plan for today? :smile:

Film studies homework :frown: I'm gonna watch Donnie Darko and review it!
Yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by techno836
Haha I'm sure I will :biggrin: I believe I'm also going flamingoland and Alton towers within the next two weeks :awesome:

Hahah, so you're a bit of a thrill-seeker? I am as well! The good thing about pleasure island is that the queues are never as long as at some of those bigger places so the waiting times are less :smile:
Reply 617
I need to write a 1000 word essay on the greatest physicist of all time:frown: any suggestions?
Original post by Infinity_4652
Howdy! I will also be resitting the year.
Its soo going to be awkward making friends with people who are a year younger than us.

Im leaving my sixth - transferring to college, what about you??

Woo, someone else resitting!

Yeah that's what I'm doing too from my ex-school sixthform to a sixthform college.

Yeah, ikr that's why I'm talking to people on here, they seem alright :wink: I'm glad I'm not at restarting at my school becuase then everyone knows you're a year older. Do you know anyone going with you? There are about 6 people from my school going but only 2 of us did AS the rest did with lvl 2 courses or applied AS.
Original post by Red Fox
Nah I prefer a built up area. I can walk through the streets. Horses just poo everywhere:biggrin:

I do think you have a better argument than me for the reason I would like to live closer to a town :colondollar: tsk streets :wink:

Latest