The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter accommodation

Hi,
I'm probably coming to the University of Exeter as an insurance. Is the application for accommodation done on a first come first served basis? What day is moving in day?

Thank you in advance.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
APPLYING FOR ACCOMMODATION?
PLEAASSE can somebody be a life-saver. Basically We need a student who hasn't applied for accommodation yet who wants to live in the fun filled "lafrowda" it's an awesome halls known as the most fun in exeter, being the cheapest halls, you'll still have some cash to spend. So if you were planning on applying to old lafrowda, message me and you will get it GUARANTEED. Basically the story is, my friend emma has been given a room in lafrowda, but now wants to live in a house with us, but the uni won't let her pull out unless she finds someone who hasn't applied yet to take her room. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY BE A LIFE SAVER (fresher's drink on me!!!!) xxx
It's a guaranteed room, if you do it through the system, you're unlikely to get your first choice, so if your fist choise would be lafrowda, please contact me :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Harryspack
Hi,
I'm probably coming to the University of Exeter as an insurance. Is the application for accommodation done on a first come first served basis? What day is moving in day?

Thank you in advance.

All the stuff on how to apply is here, and I think applications after 31st July get processed in date order (it says a bit more here). Arrivals are 13th - 15th September, depending on where you are.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Persipan
All the stuff on how to apply is here, and I think applications after 31st July get processed in date order (it says a bit more here). Arrivals are 13th - 15th September, depending on where you are.

Thank you :smile: Should Exeter have sent me an e-mail by now with my Exeter ID number?
Reply 4
Thank you :smile: Should Exeter have sent me an e-mail by now with my Exeter ID number?

I rang yesterday and a woman said that I should probably receive it today or at least Monday but I haven't had mine either. I got in as insurance too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

Not sure... if you haven't got anything with it by Monday (it'll start with 63 and then be a bunch of other numbers) then just give them a ring and see if they can tell you it.
Reply 6
Original post by PetraJones
PLEAASSE can somebody be a life-saver. Basically We need a student who hasn't applied for accommodation yet who wants to live in the fun filled "lafrowda" it's an awesome halls known as the most fun in exeter, being the cheapest halls, you'll still have some cash to spend. So if you were planning on applying to old lafrowda, message me and you will get it GUARANTEED. Basically the story is, my friend emma has been given a room in lafrowda, but now wants to live in a house with us, but the uni won't let her pull out unless she finds someone who hasn't applied yet to take her room. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY BE A LIFE SAVER (fresher's drink on me!!!!) xxx
It's a guaranteed room, if you do it through the system, you're unlikely to get your first choice, so if your fist choise would be lafrowda, please contact me :smile:

I literally applied for accommodation a few hours ago, my first choice would be lafrowda as well, I wish I had seen this first! I dunno if they have processed my application yet, your friend could give the uni my name and ask?
Reply 7
i am waiting for mine too hun dont worry !!! i rang ex admissions today and they said people should within 2-3 days of getting an offer if not you can call them :smile:
Reply 8
Not sure... if you haven't got anything with it by Monday (it'll start with 63 and then be a bunch of other numbers) then just give them a ring and see if they can tell you it.

Thanks, I have just realised they sent it to me when they gave me my offer. 9 digits and beginning with 63 :P
Reply 9
Thanks, I have just realised they sent it to me when they gave me my offer. 9 digits and beginning with 63 :P

That sounds right!
Reply 10
Original post by PetraJones

Hello there!!!!! I would really love to have it, BECAUSE MY FIRST CHOICE WOULD BE LAFROWDA!!! although i have applied for accomodation but I got accepted through clearing so I think it's unlikely that I would get a room in lafrowda. Thanks in advance. IS IT OKAY IF I CAN HAVE IT EVEN THOUGH I HAVE APPLIED FORA CCOMODATION THOUGH? BUT ANYWAYS I WOULD REALLY LOVE A ROOM IN LAFROWDA! However, can you describe more carefully the room if you know more details? Like on what floor is it etc. And lafrowda is self catered right? Also I just want to double check that you are talking about lafrowda, not lafrowda cottage? I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO HAVE IT!!!
I AM THE SAME PERSON ON THE OTHER THREAD BTW, My name is MAI and I think I also inboxed you on facebook if I have inboxed the right person haha
Hey,
Does anyone know when we find out out accommodation offers? Different websites say different things - I've heard either from Monday 19th, or in September! Two very different answers...

Also, anyone doing Theology? :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by CThompson05
Hey,
Does anyone know when we find out out accommodation offers? Different websites say different things - I've heard either from Monday 19th, or in September! Two very different answers...

From Monday 19th, but in batches, so not all at once - so for some people, that could be the beginning of September, but people should start to hear from tomorrow onwards.
From Monday 19th, but in batches, so not all at once - so for some people, that could be the beginning of September, but people should start to hear from tomorrow onwards.

Thanks :smile: How do we hear? Do we have to keep checking the website?
just got an offer for birks grange village, block q.
wasn't my first choice, but it's cool :smile:
Thanks :smile: How do we hear? Do we have to keep checking the website?

you should receive an email
Reply 16
Original post by inyoursystem
you should receive an email

i was hoping to get my accommodation offer this morning, but nope :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by inyoursystem
just got an offer for birks grange village, block q.
wasn't my first choice, but it's cool :smile:

What roomtype is that? Is it ensuite or studio? I applied for the townhouse but didn't realise how few rooms there were! Really hoping I get it!!
Original post by chrism94
What roomtype is that? Is it ensuite or studio? I applied for the townhouse but didn't realise how few rooms there were! Really hoping I get it!!

An ensuite.
Lol I hope you get it too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Hey,

Also, anyone doing Theology? :smile:

im doing theology!!

well excited, should be great

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending