The Student Room Group

22 August 2013 GCSE results: Grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qwertyking
I'd love to know the raw boundaries for Maths (CCEA).

Hope not like last years x.x
Original post by ssargithan
Hope not like last years x.x

They were high last year?
They were high last year?

Sorry wrong post quoted xD ... Was on about AQA English

The highest ever, you must have noticed, it was on BBC News that many students did not get C's who could have got C's if it was a previous exam paper. These student retook in November (Emergency retake) to make it up. AQA blamed on teachers obviously -.- ... My teacher was like: Hope AQA does not mess up this year... But she said AQA Eng Lit could be higher -..-
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Joseph_S
AQA English Language?

The previous post was supposed to be at you LOL
Reply 24
I'd love to know the raw boundaries for Maths (CCEA).

CCEA don't play that way :tongue: thwy don't release anything :/
I can tell you last year I got full UMS with 93 raw in T4 and about 96/97/98 on each paper in T6 (can't remember exactly, but I didn't lose too many marks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im scared about english aqa language because loads of people in my year did not do good in january. Btw does anyone no what the marks were out of for each section?
Reply 26
Original post by Smarty.
Same here, What makes it worse is my brother gets his alevels this Thursday, and I have to wait another week :frown: also I really don't think I've done that well

I agree, hearing the A-level results has made me 10x worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have the grade boundaries: Aqa english language june 2013.
Reply 28
Original post by Iman18
Does anyone have the grade boundaries: Aqa english language june 2013.

They're not out yet. :nah: They should probably be out a day before results, though. :smile:
Original post by usycool1
They're not out yet. :nah: They should probably be out a day before results, though. :smile:

Wait r we talking about the exam where u read sources and answer questions because i did it in jan and teachers said the grade boundaries is not out
Original post by Terminator95
Wait r we talking about the exam where u read sources and answer questions because i did it in jan and teachers said the grade boundaries is not out

Iman18 said June 2013 in her post :tongue:

In any case, your teacher is correct for GCSE English. See here: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/grade-boundaries
January 2013 GCSE English and English Language

In November 2012, Ofqual announced that the grade boundaries for the January series will only be set after the June series. This means that UMS marks and grades will only be available after June and released on results day on 22 August 2013.
Reply 31
Will all WJEC and Ed-Excel grade boundaries be out on 21/22 August 2013?
Reply 32
Is this thread still appropriate for people who have finished some exams in the first year of gcse? I've finished one module of cea DA science and the full course of maths. Will my results come out within this week too?
Original post by Millie-3
Is this thread still appropriate for people who have finished some exams in the first year of gcse? I've finished one module of cea DA science and the full course of maths. Will my results come out within this week too?

I believe that all GCSE results will be out on the same day, but have you teachers not mentioned this to you? I'd also expect the results date to be given on your statement of entry.
Reply 34
Original post by ssargithan
Sorry wrong post quoted xD ... Was on about AQA English

The highest ever, you must have noticed, it was on BBC News that many students did not get C's who could have got C's if it was a previous exam paper. These student retook in November (Emergency retake) to make it up. AQA blamed on teachers obviously -.- ... My teacher was like: Hope AQA does not mess up this year... But she said AQA Eng Lit could be higher -..-

Lol, I don't think they'll mess up, they'll be a proper backlash. Furthermore, I'm expecting only a 64 for an A*. If we're lucky the boundaries will leak on the 21st. I got 57 last time (2nd Highest in my school :O) So I only need 7 more. WHich I think is achieve since I bombed.
Reply 35
Eagerly awaiting the OCR Gateway science boundaries. Hopefully 50 for an A* in each.
Original post by Red Fox
Eagerly awaiting the OCR Gateway science boundaries. Hopefully 50 for an A* in each.

That low?:zomg: :teeth:
Reply 37
Original post by L'Evil Fish
That low?:zomg: :teeth:

Would be nice:biggrin:
Original post by Red Fox
Would be nice:biggrin:

It would:tongue:
Reply 39
L'Evil Fish, I thought you were banned? And yes it is low, but the others were quite low last year.

Quick Reply

Latest