The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2013 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by liamthelad
I'm really sorry to like butt in halfway whilst everyone seems to be talking, but I thought I'd join in this thread myself. :P. My bad.

I'll be studying Law but I'm flying all the way out from the island of Gran Canaria in Spain, albeit both my parents are English and I took my A levels in an English school.

P.S. Based on watching the Jackie Chan animated series as a kid, I would have loved to be an archaeologist... :biggrin:

Hi! I'm flying from quite a way too - I have lived in Dubai with my parents for the past 8 years so I can't wait to be back home :smile: Are your parents staying in Spain while you are at University?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 161
How is the university on Visitors?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was wondering what day the accomodation in campus open for 1st year students? Is it different for different campus? Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 163
Original post by FrustratedGirl
Haha...I think I do not have the patience to be a teacher, lol.

Haha I'd probably want to teach older people like sixth form or university level stuff, can't stand kids :tongue:
Reply 164
Mannnn still got over a month to gooooo
Original post by Callum17
Haha I'd probably want to teach older people like sixth form or university level stuff, can't stand kids :tongue:

Hahaha. I think I might go into law. So are you going to study a language? I think I might opt for Latin.
Original post by liamthelad
I'm really sorry to like butt in halfway whilst everyone seems to be talking, but I thought I'd join in this thread myself. :P. My bad.

I'll be studying Law but I'm flying all the way out from the island of Gran Canaria in Spain, albeit both my parents are English and I took my A levels in an English school.

P.S. Based on watching the Jackie Chan animated series as a kid, I would have loved to be an archaeologist... :biggrin:

Hahaha!! It must be sooo cool living in Spain!! Even though your ethnicity is English, would you find it hard adjusting to Britain?
Reply 167
Hahaha. I think I might go into law. So are you going to study a language? I think I might opt for Latin.

I've tried doing a little bit of Latin and Ancient Greek and Latin seems really hard haha :tongue: I think I'd probably do Greek out of the two but that's not really as useful as Latin so I don't really know
Original post by Callum17
I've tried doing a little bit of Latin and Ancient Greek and Latin seems really hard haha :tongue: I think I'd probably do Greek out of the two but that's not really as useful as Latin so I don't really know

Hahaha. I think Latin seems more, I don't know...more prestigious? Like the employers would sought after?
Reply 169
Original post by Erika_B
How do I log into the start warwick app? How do i register?

First of all you'll need to enrol and obtain an ITS user account. You'll be able to do this from the 11th of September (I think the date was).

Original post by Jwalton9
How is the university on Visitors?

How do you mean? It's open to the public, so wonder away! If you want a tour, get on to Warwick Welcome Service. If you want to visit a friend or have a friend visit, so long as you let your resident tutor know (so they're your responsibility), there's no problem! :tongue:

Original post by Cassie2801
I was wondering what day the accomodation in campus open for 1st year students? Is it different for different campus? Thank you!

Warwick only has 1 campus, don't worry :h: . You'll be able to turn up at your accommodation on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th of September. The earlier you get here, the better in my opinion! You'll have longer to get used to the place and generally have a look around! Lectures will start on Monday the 30th, so try avoid getting here Sunday night unless you don't have any other choice :h:
Reply 170
This is a bit of an odd question, but what are the going rates on driving lessons in Coventry? I would have done about 35 hours by the time I get there, so would want to do another 10-15 hours before doing a test. I currently pay £21 p/h or £18.50 p/h if I block book 10 lessons.
Hi, really useful information on here. I was just wondering about healthcare services? E.g. are there GPs, dentists etc. on campus or do you have to travel into Coventry or elsewhere? Thanks :smile:
Reply 172
Original post by MagicalMuggle
Hi, really useful information on here. I was just wondering about healthcare services? E.g. are there GPs, dentists etc. on campus or do you have to travel into Coventry or elsewhere? Thanks :smile:

There is a campus GP that you can register for on arrivals weekend. This is NHS, so don't worry about charges or things like that :tongue: . Any prescriptions you pick require can then be picked up from the pharmacy on campus.

Dentists are slightly more tricky. The closest NHS surgery is North Coventry (IIRC), so expect a bus journey or two over there :h:

If you need to go to hospital at any point, buses run directly off campus to the hospital (Warwick and Coventry).
Decided to post here, I've been accepted for Film Studies.
Reply 174
How is the anime and manga society there? That will be probably the place I hang out most admittedly...
Reply 175
Original post by Naami
This is a bit of an odd question, but what are the going rates on driving lessons in Coventry? I would have done about 35 hours by the time I get there, so would want to do another 10-15 hours before doing a test. I currently pay £21 p/h or £18.50 p/h if I block book 10 lessons.

meet

Original post by *mike
How is the anime and manga society there? That will be probably the place I hang out most admittedly...

:tongue:

Check this out for information. I don't know too much about it myself! :h:
Reply 176
Original post by Nirgilis
meet

Eh? As in meet the instructor? :s
Reply 177
Any sociologists, do you know who to contact regarding reading lists? Haven't heard anything from them as of yet... :smile:
OMG!! I am doing the same course as you! Don't worry, I have not studied classics, so I am on the same boat as you!

I'm hoping to do this course next year, I've just got my A/S results back and I'm carrying through AAB. What did you guys get in your A/S and A2 results? Did you get interviewed?
Reply 179
Any people doing Comp Sci here? really looking forward to it :P

What have you guys been putting as your first choice accomodation?

Quick Reply

Latest