The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MacOne
Hi,

I've been unconditionally accepted into bath... good stuff :smile:

Only thing i'm thinking about is that btec students who received their offers earlier (like 3 weeks ago) have been given their accommodation contracts already (which isn't a problem) but I was wondering as to whether this means I have less of a chance to get my first choice accommodation even though I applied for it on the first day that the process was available, due to being told it works on a first-come first-serve basis:confused:

I doubt a few students getting confirmation early will be enough make a significant impact on what type of accommodation a-level students get as they make up the bulk of applicants. Obviously some accommodations are more popular than others, but most people will get either what they chose or something similar. Personally I actually never got accepted by bath until september but I still got the accommodation I chose.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 221
Original post by BAD AT MATHS
Personally I actually never got accepted by bath until september but I still got the accommodation I chose.

Thanks for your reply. I see... But did you apply early for the accommodation tho, when all of the options were available? Cos bath remove the more popular ones as demand reaches a certain excess value. If you did, then fair enough.
Reply 222
Those that have been allocated room numbers already - did they (previously) hold unconditional offers? Just wondering why some people have their numbers so early.
Reply 223
Original post by MacOne
Hi,

I've been unconditionally accepted into bath... good stuff :smile:

Only thing i'm thinking about is that btec students who received their offers earlier (like 3 weeks ago) have been given their accommodation contracts already (which isn't a problem) but I was wondering as to whether this means I have less of a chance to get my first choice accommodation even though I applied for it on the first day that the process was available, due to being told it works on a first-come first-serve basis:confused:

Hello, I'm an a-level student and have received an email stating I have received my first choice accommodation this afternoon! So you should probably hear soon since I applied for it on the first day as well.
Reply 224
Woodland Court W3D2.15! Anyone close?
Reply 225
Original post by Dancasey
Hello, I'm an a-level student and have received an email stating I have received my first choice accommodation this afternoon! So you should probably hear soon since I applied for it on the first day as well.

Thanks dude.
Reply 226
it is past 10am yet still cant actually register for any accommodation, am I doing it wrong?
I am in the 'portal' to register, but the only options available are for changing my contact details.
Original post by Alexn159
it is past 10am yet still cant actually register for any accommodation, am I doing it wrong?
I am in the 'portal' to register, but the only options available are for changing my contact details.

I just got told to put in username password and email and they will send me an email within an hour to continue

Are you definitely on the right page? https://isecure.bath.ac.uk/eaccommodation/Register
(edited 10 years ago)
Just frantically ran back to my house from the other side of the farm after looking for my dog so I was back for 10 to get my accommodation sorted! (dog arrived back home whilst looking for him)
Reply 229
Hi, I have an insurance offer for Bath and am trying to do the accommodation thing but it's asking me for a BUCS account and password which I 'should already have' - I'm sure they haven't sent me anything?
Original post by MrShoggs
Hi, I have an insurance offer for Bath and am trying to do the accommodation thing but it's asking me for a BUCS account and password which I 'should already have' - I'm sure they haven't sent me anything?

I think this is the same as the application tracker username and password
Reply 231
Original post by firebolt
I think this is the same as the application tracker username and password

Application tracker? I didn't use this, everything was done through UCAS.
Reply 232
Guys, if you wouldn't tell people your home address on TSR then why are you sharing your room numbers? Have some common sense..
Original post by MrShoggs
Application tracker? I didn't use this, everything was done through UCAS.

When you applied though Bath will have sent you details about the application tracker
Reply 234
just to let everyone know, I called up Bath and you will not be able to actually apply for anything until tomorrow, they have only allowed people to register today...

I just rang up and apparently it is only registration that opens today and we can actually apply tomorrow.
So I've registered, do I have to do anything else today... Or do I have to wait till tomorrow now?

What time can I apply tomorrow?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 237
Original post by firebolt
I just rang up and apparently it is only registration that opens today and we can actually apply tomorrow.

ha got in just before you there.

And they said there is no specified time.
ha got in just before you there.

And they said there is no specified time.

I tried to ask a time and he didn't know he said in the morning
If we dont want to go in a shared room do we just leave the fields blank and hope for off campus accommodation?

Latest