The Student Room Group

Track: Who is still waiting?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by CoolCat94
Yeah, my track still shows conditional. I hope they're okay with it, thank you for saying my grades are impressive. One of my A grades is 343/400 UMS so maybe I should tell them that. Thank you for the help, I worked as hard as I could so I hope I don't lose my place over a GCSE grade!
Definitely! Good luck.
Reply 361
I'm still waiting for my firm to make a decision, but I know I haven't met the grade requirements and I've got an unconditional with my insurance
i really want to go to my insurance now and I've expressed that to my firm but they said I have to still wait until they make a decision but I don't know how long that will take and I want to start applying for accommodation at my insurance
is there anything else I can do other than wait?
Reply 362
Original post by tao_
I'm still waiting for my firm to make a decision, but I know I haven't met the grade requirements and I've got an unconditional with my insurance
i really want to go to my insurance now and I've expressed that to my firm but they said I have to still wait until they make a decision but I don't know how long that will take and I want to start applying for accommodation at my insurance
is there anything else I can do other than wait?
You can ring UCAS in the morning and say that you have asked for a rejection from your firm and they are dragging their feet. UCAS will then send them a request for a decision and will reject you by default if there's no response. I would also get on the firm uni and repeat that you now want to be rejected. If necessary, ask to speak someone more senior. The last thing you want is for your firm to accept after all now as this will automatically take you out of your insurance.
Reply 363
Still waiting on a response from Dundee Uni. Originally I was quoted 2 weeks on a decision (I did a HND so I didn't have to wait for results day), then after that passed I was told 7 days max, and the last time I phoned I was told it would be "soon":frown: I have an unconditional for my firm so I don't need to panic about clearing, but I want to know where I'm going, especially since uni starts in like 2 weeks:frown: Not knowing is stressing me out more than just being rejected:frown: Is there a deadline uni's have to make a decision by?
Reply 364
Original post by ohhrats
Still waiting on a response from Dundee Uni. Originally I was quoted 2 weeks on a decision (I did a HND so I didn't have to wait for results day), then after that passed I was told 7 days max, and the last time I phoned I was told it would be "soon":frown: I have an unconditional for my firm so I don't need to panic about clearing, but I want to know where I'm going, especially since uni starts in like 2 weeks:frown: Not knowing is stressing me out more than just being rejected:frown: Is there a deadline uni's have to make a decision by?
I assume you mean an unconditional for your insurance? If not, why are you worrying about Dundee???

If you are fed up with waiting you can contact the uni one more time tomorrow and see what they say; if they're still messing about you can ask UCAS to intervene on your behalf.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 365
I just rang UCAS and all i could get was a automated recording saying they can only see what we see on track, Was i pressing the wrong numbers or is there a number to get through to someone straight away?
Help please, My university phoned me telling me they received my missing result, but are not allowed to tell me what it is, and will give me a decision later. Nobody is at my centre because of holidays and UCAS and AQA won't tell me either. Does anyone know how I can find out my result?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Phoned my uni this morning after still not hearing anything & I've been told that there still isn't a decision and I could hear today or tomorrow. Bearing in mind I've been told this every day since Thursday 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 368
I got a verbal offer from Leeds Uni on Friday morning and I'm still waiting for their confirmation on UCAS Track..is this normal?

I really want things to get moving because I have to sort out my student finance and arrange my accommodation still...
Reply 369
Original post by mollymasm
I got a verbal offer from Leeds Uni on Friday morning and I'm still waiting for their confirmation on UCAS Track..is this normal?

I really want things to get moving because I have to sort out my student finance and arrange my accommodation still...

Im in the same position. You can try ringing them, i did that and they said they're still matching up verbal offers and checking grades just wait for something to change on track.
Reply 370
Original post by Minerva
I assume you mean an unconditional for your insurance? If not, why are you worrying about Dundee???

If you are fed up with waiting you can contact the uni one more time tomorrow and see what they say; if they're still messing about you can ask UCAS to intervene on your behalf.

Yeah sorry I meant an unconditional for my insurance:smile: So I don't know if I'm going to Dundee because they haven't made a decision, and I'm not confirmed at my insurance because Dundee haven't rejected me yet:frown: I'm in uni limbo:frown:
I phoned them this morning and my application is still being considered, but I've to phone someone at 4 o'clock to find out what the dealio is. If there's no decision in sight by the end of today I'll get UCAS to intervene for me. Do I just phone them to get them to do that? And explain how long I've been waiting on a decision? Thanks:smile:
Reply 371
Original post by Vicodin
Im in the same position. You can try ringing them, i did that and they said they're still matching up verbal offers and checking grades just wait for something to change on track.

I was just about to and then I checked clearing just now and I've been confirmed!

Yours will probably be up soon!
Reply 372
Original post by ohhrats
Yeah sorry I meant an unconditional for my insurance:smile: So I don't know if I'm going to Dundee because they haven't made a decision, and I'm not confirmed at my insurance because Dundee haven't rejected me yet:frown: I'm in uni limbo:frown:
I phoned them this morning and my application is still being considered, but I've to phone someone at 4 o'clock to find out what the dealio is. If there's no decision in sight by the end of today I'll get UCAS to intervene for me. Do I just phone them to get them to do that? And explain how long I've been waiting on a decision? Thanks:smile:

Well it sounds like you are making progress. If it comes to getting UCAS on their case, a phone call will do.
Original post by Emily115
Yes :smile:
Well I scanned and re-sent all of my documents they already had yesterday, so there shouldn't be a problem. I'm gonna ring them again this morning as it still hasn't changed.
Hopefully we hear something soon..

Edit: Spoke to someone on the phone who said their files are processing, so fingers crossed!

What phone number do you use when you call them? The Institute of Education one or the Undergraduate Applications one? And...I sent my last remaining bit of evidence on Thursday for next day delivery but today I still got an email saying basically if you haven't sent anything, send it, if not, then just sit tight and wait for this week. Has yours changed yet then?
Original post by Thatstudentdude
What phone number do you use when you call them? The Institute of Education one or the Undergraduate Applications one? And...I sent my last remaining bit of evidence on Thursday for next day delivery but today I still got an email saying basically if you haven't sent anything, send it, if not, then just sit tight and wait for this week. Has yours changed yet then?

I've been phoning Admissions, but still haven't got anywhere.. I was told on Friday that a decision had actually been made (when it obviously hasn't) and that I would hear on Friday. I phoned them again this morning and was basically told that nothing's been approved & that I might hear today or tomorrow. But someone else I've spoken to said they told her she could hear on Wednesday, so I don't know what to think :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 375
My track updated today and i've accepted Staffordshire :biggrin:
Hey I decided to decline my firm offer (kent) for my insurance (brunel)after being left in limbo for four days , with no track update. Now that I've been released from my firm how long will it take for UCAS to update this change ? And if at all would the time period affect my accomodation at my insurance ?
(Many thanks a distressed student )
Reply 377
Original post by frankieh20
Hey I decided to decline my firm offer (kent) for my insurance (brunel)after being left in limbo for four days , with no track update. Now that I've been released from my firm how long will it take for UCAS to update this change ? And if at all would the time period affect my accomodation at my insurance ?
(Many thanks a distressed student )
Should happen pretty quickly. It's unlikely to make much difference to your accommodation situation at your insurance that there's been this delay.
Original post by Emily115
Phoned my uni this morning after still not hearing anything & I've been told that there still isn't a decision and I could hear today or tomorrow. Bearing in mind I've been told this every day since Thursday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow and I am packing my bags for London
Reply 379
Original post by Farid1
Hey I also achieved BCC and applied for Pharmacy. Been rejected by firma and insurance. Was wondering whether your B grade was in Chemistry or not, as I achieved a C grade in Chemistry and was wondering whether Medway would accept me?

Nah, my B was in Maths. I called up Kent and they said they will be considering people with grades from CCC and above, so you are welcome to try.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending