The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Red Fox
I imagine everyone at my school will do Hawking/Einstein/Newton, the well known ones, I want to do something different. I was thinking Nikola Tesla maybe?

Tesla would be good especially as he did and invented so much just isn't known for it. So you'd have a lot to write about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 661
Original post by SophF_rth
Awesome!
Thats similar to a friend of mine. He's doing a Motorsport engineering course at Brunel next month. And he's one of the British finalists for GT Academy thing.

Yeah that's like mine we had 3 new people last year. I still think you might have one though so its easier for teachers to know who's taking what for definate and if people change their mind after results day? :/

I'm not definite on anything yet although I would like to do the Natural Sciences course at Cambridge. Yeah, I think we just have a talk with one of the sixth form leaders and confirm what subjects we are doing.
Reply 662
Original post by Red Fox
I imagine everyone at my school will do Hawking/Einstein/Newton, the well known ones, I want to do something different. I was thinking Nikola Tesla maybe?

Why not Max Planck? One of the founders of QUantum Theory, which in itself is probably some of the most exciting and crazy physics there is! Should be plenty to talk about with him :smile:
Reply 663
Good luck to everyone on thursday
I think that I will be able to study all I want at a level it's just a question of what sixth form to go which has been driving me mad all year
Original post by L'Evil Fish
They were amazing! :mad:

Hi Mr ass bird from Ireland:l

I joke I joke. :tongue:
Reply 665
Original post by Red Fox
I'll probably just do them after results day.

Haha when you have the motivation :lol:
Reply 666
Original post by HeyThereHarry
Oh haha well all of my friends are like you, but I suppose in comparison I'm kind of an adrenalin junkie :tongue:

Scratch what I said I went on the ride I couldn't go on :awesome: ... Currently feeling fearless :smug:

I love all rides and rollercoasters except the ride that shoots you up, drops you and then sends you up again :lol: but I just did it :-)
Reply 667
Original post by techno836
Haha when you have the motivation :lol:

Hopefully my results will inspire me:biggrin:
Reply 668
Original post by Tibbz2
Why not Max Planck? One of the founders of QUantum Theory, which in itself is probably some of the most exciting and crazy physics there is! Should be plenty to talk about with him :smile:

Admittedly I don't know a whole lot about the two but I think Tesla has made a bigger difference to everyday people's lives.
Reply 669
How many miles do you have to travel to get to sixth form?

I have to travel 10+ Miles.
Reply 670
Original post by Red Fox
Admittedly I don't know a whole lot about the two but I think Tesla has made a bigger difference to everyday people's lives.

Tesla Graphics :cool:
Reply 671
Original post by zed963
How many miles do you have to travel to get to sixth form?

I have to travel 10+ Miles.

1 mile according to google maps:tongue:
Reply 672
Original post by Red Fox

That's very debatable! Without Quantum Theory there would be no transistors, so no computers, radios, TVs etc!

I know without electricity that wouldn't have been able to happen, but without Planck we couldn't have all these mobiles and things, no 'instant' communication or anything!
(edited 10 years ago)
Ugh my run was so bad today
Reply 674
Original post by Red Fox
Hopefully my results will inspire me:biggrin:

Haha hopefully mine will make me start physics AS :lol: although if I get a B I won't do it at AS :unimpressed:
Reply 675
Original post by Tibbz2
That's very debatable! Without Quantum Theory there would be no transistors, so no computers, radios, TVs etc!

I know without electricity that wouldn't have been able to happen, but without Planck we couldn't have all these mobiles and things, no 'instant' communication or anything!

Tesla's work allowed that though. Planck may have had a bigger contribution but it wouldn't have happed if it weren't for Tesla. (Again, if I'm talking **** just ignore me. I don't know the full facts.)
Reply 676
Original post by Red Fox

Also I was just thinking about someone different, that nobody else will choose. Tesla is still pretty well known so there is a much larger chance someone else in you class will pick him?
Reply 677
Original post by techno836
Haha hopefully mine will make me start physics AS :lol: although if I get a B I won't do it at AS :unimpressed:

If you did triple science then AS Physics won't be too bad. If you have a B at GCSE then an A at AS that shows great progress to Universities.
Reply 678
Original post by Red Fox
Tesla's work allowed that though. Planck may have had a bigger contribution but it wouldn't have happed if it weren't for Tesla. (Again, if I'm talking **** just ignore me. I don't know the full facts.)

Nah I totally understand where you're coming from, without Tesla there wouldn't be the AC for things to work on. However if we didn't have Quantum theory then there would be a lot less use of electricity in our lives, seeing as most people spend their time on phones and watching TV now days! :smile:
Reply 679
Original post by Tibbz2
Nah I totally understand where you're coming from, without Tesla there wouldn't be the AC for things to work on. However if we didn't have Quantum theory then there would be a lot less use of electricity in our lives, seeing as most people spend their time on phones and watching TV now days! :smile:

Let's just agree that they are both fantastic and have both immensely changed billions of lives.:biggrin:

Latest