The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've been off exactly two months, Jesus that went quick
Reply 681
Original post by Red Fox
Let's just agree that they are both fantastic and have both immensely changed billions of lives.:biggrin:

They definitely have, some in good ways and some in bad.
Reply 682
Original post by Red Fox
Let's just agree that they are both fantastic and have both immensely changed billions of lives.:biggrin:

Oh no wasn't trying to argue or anything, I was just thinking of someone that you could do that would be completely different to the rest of your class and make you stand out! :biggrin:

Well just in case, a few others you could consider that are equally influential are:

Galileo (Jupiter's moons, championing the Copernican theory vs the church, telescope improvements etc.)

Faraday (magnetic field generating an electric current)

Kepler (for his laws on planetary motion)

Maxwell (discovering light was EM radiation, and showing that there was other types of radiation, electromagnetic equations etc.)

Sorry that's all I can think of off the top of my head!
Reply 683
Original post by zed963
How many miles do you have to travel to get to sixth form?

I have to travel 10+ Miles.

100metres... I'm a boarder at my school :P hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 684
Original post by Tibbz2
Oh no wasn't trying to argue or anything, I was just thinking of someone that you could do that would be completely different to the rest of your class and make you stand out! :biggrin:

Well just in case, a few others you could consider that are equally influential are:

Galileo (Jupiter's moons, championing the Copernican theory vs the church, telescope improvements etc.)

Faraday (magnetic field generating an electric current)

Kepler (for his laws on planetary motion)

Maxwell (discovering light was EM radiation, and showing that there was other types of radiation, electromagnetic equations etc.)

Sorry that's all I can think of off the top of my head!

Okay thanks. I never did homework in lower school but I want to write a cracking essay to make a good impression on my Physics teacher:biggrin:.
Reply 685
Original post by zed963
They definitely have, some in good ways and some in bad.

Please elaborate. Not criticising, just interested:smile:.
Original post by zed963

I'm a boarder :3
Reply 687
Original post by Red Fox
Okay thanks. I never did homework in lower school but I want to write a cracking essay to make a good impression on my Physics teacher:biggrin:.

Haha yeah good impressions are good especially first day in sixth form! I'm sure if nobody else does whoever you pick then that will be even better!
I don't know which A level to do Chemistry or Economics :eek:
Original post by Darnell LD97
I don't know which A level to do Chemistry or Economics :eek:

GCSEs?
Degree ideas?
Other A Levels?
Which do you enjoy more?
Reply 690
Original post by Tibbz2
Haha yeah good impressions are good especially first day in sixth form! I'm sure if nobody else does whoever you pick then that will be even better!

Even though I'm staying at my school, I've always had the same great Physics teacher but this year I have 2 new ones:cry2:
Reply 691
Original post by Red Fox
Please elaborate. Not criticising, just interested:smile:.

There are benefits such as improving the economy, easier travel, awareness of the global infrastructure.

But there are also disadvantages, one could say that all this tech is damaging people's health. There have been incidents where someone has committed suicide due to social networking etc.
Reply 692
Original post by Red Fox
Even though I'm staying at my school, I've always had the same great Physics teacher but this year I have 2 new ones:cry2:

:eek:

Will they all be checking this thing you're doing or just the one of them??

Don't think our school will be getting anymore Physics teachers, just the usual 2 we've had for 5 years. They're both good, one is a little boring, the other a bit more fun, but luckily they both have a laugh so I'm looking forwards to it :biggrin:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
GCSEs?
Degree ideas?
Other A Levels?
Which do you enjoy more?

My GCSE's are Maths, Additional Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Humanities, History, Spanish, English lang and lit, Business and IT

I want to go to imperial college to study maths or physics

Other A levels are further maths, Maths and Physics

I prefer solving mathematical problems, I hate doing practicals but I would like to have 2 science and 2 maths a levels :smile:
Original post by zed963

I'm about 15 miles away so it takes a good 20 minutes or an hour on the bus :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Infinity_4652

So many people regret at my sixth form!
The school brainwashed my year group, lying to us about everything - stupid school!!

I just googled horsham - never heard of it before!
Im guessing its so peaceful and quiet in towns like yours??

Im pretty much sure the college enrolment day is the same as our sixth form one - not much difference.

Ah that's a shame. Were the teachers any good though?

Haha, Horsham, is quite far from me but it was between that and Reigate (heard of that?) and there is a direct train to Horsham! I live is a village it's REALLY quiet. I guess not the same at all for you?

Ah okay, last time we just went to the subjects teacher around the school and said I want to take this course. This time I was give 3 times. 1 - registration 2 - enrolment interview 3 - Study skills assessment?. So I look forward to find out what this all is!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
I'm not definite on anything yet although I would like to do the Natural Sciences course at Cambridge. Yeah, I think we just have a talk with one of the sixth form leaders and confirm what subjects we are doing.

Well you have a year to decide, I guess once you've started AS it'll be easier :smile: What are you take btw?
Yeah, maybe sounds much easier to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone else going to Runshaw this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zed963

My school was 5miles. But now I'm travelling 11miles!
10m car to station (or 20m bus), 10m train, 5m walk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 699
Original post by Tibbz2
:eek:

Will they all be checking this thing you're doing or just the one of them??

Don't think our school will be getting anymore Physics teachers, just the usual 2 we've had for 5 years. They're both good, one is a little boring, the other a bit more fun, but luckily they both have a laugh so I'm looking forwards to it :biggrin:

I'm not sure probably just one of them and fair enough:tongue:

Latest