The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Felix Felicis
Hmmm. :beard: I don't quite think that's to say they'd give out offers to everyone though. This isn't chem but it's another pretty under-subscribed course (Classics) - this guy in the year above me, really smart guy, quite articulate as well, the kind of person you'd think would be really good at interviews. He applied for Classics at Oxford and didn't get a place in the end, everyone was like :lolwut:

I know, I think it's just under 40% get offers I believe. I won't get one, I know that for a fact.
Reply 681
Location Location Location is back on Thursday. So excited! :biggrin:
Original post by mynameisntbobk

:woo: that's really good to hear :biggrin:

I started to like her music when I heard her rendition of Your Song. :biggrin:
Reply 683
Original post by Pandora.
Location Location Location is back on Thursday. So excited! :biggrin:

my mum watches that lol :lol:
Reply 684
Original post by Robbie242
my mum watches that lol :lol:
I love a bit of Kirstie and Phil. :biggrin:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yes.
Original post by WillManson
Hi Usy, I left my details on page 14 but I forgot to quote you initially:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2435318&page=14&p=44048811#post44048811

Will.

Sorry about that - added now! :biggrin:

Plenty of A-Levels, nice :yep:
Reply 687
I love a bit of Kirstie and Phil. :biggrin:

Spoiler

Nah their jokes are kinda cringy but funny, just means you like watching what typically young adults/middle aged/old people watch
Reply 688
Nah their jokes are kinda cringy but funny, just means you like watching what typically young adults/middle aged/old people watch
It's so cheesy, I can't help but love it. I love programmes about buying / making over houses. I just like looking at them, it gives me something to work towards. :colondollar:
Original post by CJG21
Hmm... I don't think I'd get offers from any of them though.

And there's been some top German chemists, Meitner, Rontgen etc...

You definitely won't if you don't take the risk either :yep:

Original post by justanotherindigo
I started to like her music when I heard her rendition of Your Song. :biggrin:

Afraid to ask when this was :tongue:

Fair enough.
Reply 691
It's so cheesy, I can't help but love it. I love programmes about buying / making over houses. I just like looking at them, it gives me something to work towards. :colondollar:

Haha fair enough - I'm sometimes the same but I'm not a regular watcher who checks when its coming back on :wink:

Afraid to ask when this was :tongue:

Christmas of 2010 I think. I remember it was the soundtrack to the John Lewis advert. :biggrin:
Reply 693
Haha fair enough - I'm sometimes the same but I'm not a regular watcher who checks when its coming back on :wink:
Oh no, I just saw the advert before I posted. :teehee:
Original post by justanotherindigo
Christmas of 2010 I think. I remember it was the soundtrack to the John Lewis advert. :biggrin:

Great memory, I believe it was :yes: although I really loved some of the songs in her old album better
Reply 695
Oh no, I just saw the advert before I posted. :teehee:

:teehee: you were anticipating it though, don't lie :colone:
I considered doing Chemistry once, but some of it is too much memory work.

I've yet to visit Manchester but I've heard its engineering department is excellent! :smile:

Why didn't you like Nottingham?
Apart from the high crime rate, I thought it was quite nice. I liked the campus anyhow :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woops I meant to quote CJG21
Reply 697
:teehee: you were anticipating it though, don't lie :colone:
Fair enough, I was awaiting the new series... a bit :colone:
Original post by CJG21
I'm really hoping to try and get involved in this thread this year. Never really got in the Year 12 one last year.

Well said :biggrin:
Original post by x-Sophie-x
I considered doing Chemistry once, but some of it is too much memory work.

I've yet to visit Manchester but I've heard its engineering department is excellent! :smile:

Why didn't you like Nottingham?
Apart from the high crime rate, I thought it was quite nice. I liked the campus anyhow :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woops I meant to quote CJG21

Manchester was excellent, I was really surprised. And the Nottingham campus was mediocre, and it was MILES into the city centre, whereas Manchester was plum in the middle of the city.

Original post by Blueray2
Well said :biggrin:

I got involved early on last year, and drifted away. Hopefully I'll like you guys enough to stick around. Although early signs aren't good... :biggrin:

Latest