The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Original post by SophF_rth
Well you have a year to decide, I guess once you've started AS it'll be easier :smile: What are you take btw?
Yeah, maybe sounds much easier to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry:colone:. What are you doing?
Original post by Red Fox

Nice! :smile:
Maths, Business, Politics, Psychology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 702
Nice! :smile:
Maths, Business, Politics, Psychology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My sister did Politics and loved it and is now doing International Relations at Uni:tongue:
Reply 703
Original post by Red Fox
I imagine everyone at my school will do Hawking/Einstein/Newton, the well known ones, I want to do something different. I was thinking Nikola Tesla maybe?

What about Hubble?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 704
Original post by tess_rach
What about Hubble?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a good one:smile:. I'll decide when I do it on the weekend.
Original post by Red Fox

I'm doing the same courses as you but I might change Chemistry for economics. :biggrin:
Original post by Red Fox
My sister did Politics and loved it and is now doing International Relations at Uni:tongue:

Ooh nice! Where is she doing it? :smile: I'm thinking about IR/Politics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 707
Original post by Red Fox
If you did triple science then AS Physics won't be too bad. If you have a B at GCSE then an A at AS that shows great progress to Universities.

That's alright then :biggrin: and I'll probably get an A anyway but I won't be happy with a B as I need 9 A*/A s for medicine :s-smilie:
Ah that's a shame. Were the teachers any good though?

Haha, Horsham, is quite far from me but it was between that and Reigate (heard of that?) and there is a direct train to Horsham! I live is a village it's REALLY quiet. I guess not the same at all for you?

Ah okay, last time we just went to the subjects teacher around the school and said I want to take this course. This time I was give 3 times. 1 - registration 2 - enrolment interview 3 - Study skills assessment?. So I look forward to find out what this all is!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most of my teachers were ok, but my maths teachers were ridiculous.
I didnt have a teacher for french - i should have known this would happen!
I spent half the year in tuition for french- didnt go well and spent the other half self studying.
I ended up with a grade E.

I just googled reigate. Sorry, i dont know much outside of london.
You live in a village??! Wow!
I live in north london, very close to the tottenham hotspur stadium - so you can imagine what life is like here.
My road is really quiet, but the high road is often so busy.

My college enrolment day is a bit different to yours.
First thing they would do is look at your gcses and discuss with you your chosen subjects.
You then enrol onto your subjects.
Afterwards - you pay your fee for the ID card, you take your photo and you then get the card.
Thats it really.
Original post by techno836
Scratch what I said I went on the ride I couldn't go on :awesome: ... Currently feeling fearless :smug:

I love all rides and rollercoasters except the ride that shoots you up, drops you and then sends you up again :lol: but I just did it :-)

Haha wow well done you! I'm glad you're enjoying yourself :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nearly gcse results day, good luck to all of you and I hope you do well :biggrin:

I remember I felt pretty nervous last year this time, but just remember one thing, unis care more about A levels so don't fret :smile: They also like to see significant improvements!
My friend got a B in biology and came out with an A* at a level :h:
Anyone else having panic attacks?.-.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Darnell LD97
My GCSE's are Maths, Additional Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Humanities, History, Spanish, English lang and lit, Business and IT

I want to go to imperial college to study maths or physics

Other A levels are further maths, Maths and Physics

I prefer solving mathematical problems, I hate doing practicals but I would like to have 2 science and 2 maths a levels :smile:

hey you know your additional maths was that the wjec gcse one or the ocr fsmq?
Original post by Infinity_4652
Most of my teachers were ok, but my maths teachers were ridiculous.
I didnt have a teacher for french - i should have known this would happen!
I spent half the year in tuition for french- didnt go well and spent the other half self studying.
I ended up with a grade E.

I just googled reigate. Sorry, i dont know much outside of london.
You live in a village??! Wow!
I live in north london, very close to the tottenham hotspur stadium - so you can imagine what life is like here.
My road is really quiet, but the high road is often so busy.

My college enrolment day is a bit different to yours.
First thing they would do is look at your gcses and discuss with you your chosen subjects.
You then enrol onto your subjects.
Afterwards - you pay your fee for the ID card, you take your photo and you then get the card.
Thats it really.

Oh god that's bad. We had a lot of trouble in Psychology and Maths but the other were ok. Thankfully! Are you doing the same subjects? :smile:

Hahah, it's fine! I probably wouldnt know ifi was in the same situation. Yeah I live next to Gatwick Airport :smile:
Oh I bet it much be busy. I guess that can be nice, but not sure about for studying!

That was exactly like mine last year so I'm not sure why it's different now.
We had our pictures taken on the open day in July. You have to pay for your ID card?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh god that's bad. We had a lot of trouble in Psychology and Maths but the other were ok. Thankfully! Are you doing the same subjects? :smile:

Hahah, it's fine! I probably wouldnt know ifi was in the same situation. Yeah I live next to Gatwick Airport :smile:
Oh I bet it much be busy. I guess that can be nice, but not sure about for studying!

That was exactly like mine last year so I'm not sure why it's different now.
We had our pictures taken on the open day in July. You have to pay for your ID card? Posted from TSR Mobile

The only different subject im doing is further maths - no more philosophy for me!

Well, its definitely not the best place to live for a student going uni.
Oh cool!
If i lived next to an airport, i would spend often spend my time just looking at the aeroplanes through my bedroom window - i really dont know why! :tongue:

Why did you have your pictures taken so early??
Yh we have to pay £20 to get an ID card.
Reply 715
Done 1 film review one more to go ah...
Original post by NinjaPandaa
hey you know your additional maths was that the wjec gcse one or the ocr fsmq?

No this wasn't the further maths gcse we could get an additional grade in maths because we took the Edexcel paired pilot exam and linear which allowed us to obtain two gcse's in Maths :smile:
Haven't been on here in ages so I thought I'd say hi! :colondollar:

To introduce myself, my name is Alex and I've just done my AS levels in Maths, Economics, Geography, Physics and General Studies and I'm wanting to do a Geography degree!
Original post by techno836
x

Hi! :smile:
I'm going to be doing:

OCR - Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry
Edexcel - Physics

Can't wait to start!
Oh god, is this like people who are awaiting their GCSE results?

I think I'm in the wrong Year 12 thread! Oooops! Hahhahaha