The Student Room Group

Pending Uni Offer!!

Hi everyone

My firm choice for uni was Computer Science at QUB which required higher grade boundaries than what I received today... However, it still says that they are considering my application.

My insurance choice though, at Ulster, has given me an unconditional offer. I know that I can't just accept this offer until my firm has made a decision, but QUB's website says that it may take until next Thursday before I hear from them.

Just wondering if anyone knows if the unconditional offers have an expiry date? As I don't want to risk being left with no offer or uni place!

Thanks for reading
Reply 1
31st of August :smile:
Reply 2
Ah okay, thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 3
I didn't think they had an expiry date. I remember my parents pressurising me to accept my insurance choice before my firm made a decision as they said I would lose it- which I rang the university and they said I wouldn't.
Reply 4
I have the same problem, but my main worry is accommodation. By the time queens decide to either accept or reject me, all the good rooms will have been given away, both at Belfast and at coleraine (my insurance) ><

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I'm having the exact same problem just wish queens would get back to me already
Reply 6
Those bellends did that to me last year, took over a week to get back to me and when they did it was unsuccessful. I was planning on rejecting it myself after the second day of it remaining as 'pending', but when I rang them the guy told me that if it is taking so long it is a good sign and I have a high chance of getting in. I too had an offer from Ulster which I had zero intention of taking. Queens screwed me over big time as a lot of the courses I contacted afterwards in clearing were full.
Hey, if anyone is looking for accommodationthere is a room going in a student house in Portstewart. Its double bed, 2bathroom sharing with 4 girls. If you are interested, let me know :smile:
Reply 8
Queen's have finally replied to me, unfortunately a rejection :/ but on the up side, going to Jordanstown in September to study Computing Science! :smile:

Hope you all got, or get the uni you want, and the unis don't take too much longer to respond!!
Reply 9
Original post by hayleybrush
Queen's have finally replied to me, unfortunately a rejection :/ but on the up side, going to Jordanstown in September to study Computing Science! :smile:

Hope you all got, or get the uni you want, and the unis don't take too much longer to respond!!

They rejected me on Saturday, I was raging >< off to Coleraine I guess, good luck in jordanstown!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by hayleybrush

R u staying in halls in jordanstown?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Is anyone else still pending? Starting to worry now
Reply 12
Keep ringing the university everyday until u no more. My friend done it last year and got into optometry in uuc with BBC grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I'm not staying in halls at jtown, no!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending