The Student Room Group

Am I a slut?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Katie_96
sleeping with two guys when your 17 does not make you a slut, and friends-with-benefits is probably more sensible than launching into a relationship in your final year of a levels (I'm not saying that's bad, it's just probably quite distracting)

y all women not think like this
Reply 21
Original post by Treeroy
As a side note, sleep with whoever you want to. It's your life, be comfortable with who you are - don't feel the need to not do things you want to do just because other people look down upon them.

I concur, Now I feel like listening to Miley Cyrus for some reason...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 22
No. But seriously. Sluts are just people who have lots of fun. It's only bad if you become The Other Woman or don't use protection.
as long as your both single and are not hurting anybody then no your not a slut,
Reply 24
People have different ideas of what defines a slut. For what it's worth, my opinion is no, you're not a slut.
Slut isn't a definitive term, I think it's wrong to label anyone a slut. However, if you told people about this, they probably would judge you. Take from that what you will.

TSR doesn't count, it's the land of the extremists, at both ends of the spectrum. :colonhash:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Slut isn't a definitive term, I think it's wrong to label anyone a slut. However, if you told people about this, they probably would judge you. Take from that what you will.

TSR doesn't count, it's the land of the extremists, at both ends of the spectrum. :colonhash:

yeah it's a good way to blow off steam I guess I wouldn't mind having a relationship like this in private (but then again I am male)
Reply 27
for real John you joker :-), friends with benefits are ideal for many a person as its sex with no strings attached, but as long as you are having safe sex and are consenting its fine and no your not a slut your just a young girl experimenting and seeing what you like but me personally dont see anything wrong with what your doing its your life and yolo so make the most of it while you can :-)
Reply 28
It makes you someone who enjoys sex so basically it makes you human.
Reply 29
You are a slut. There, I labeled you.
Reply 30
No one cares.

The only time being a slut matters is when you're looking for a bf.

If you are serious about getting into a relationship in the future I'd keep it low. Trust me guys look for it (and those who don't aren't the attractive types either).
Original post by Zarek
No female (or male) should ever use this word, IMHO. There is no male equivalent and it is the ultimate in horrible sexism.

Exactly
Of course not. Many self-declared "relationships" at your age seem to be little more than FWB anyway.

If anything, it's much more immoral to get into a relationship just for how it will come across to others.

A "slut" is someone who sleeps with men more or less indiscriminately, and it's an insult because women are expected to have some sort of discretion about who they sleep with and how quickly they let them do it*. You have clearly put a reasonable amount of thought into establishing this FWB arrangement (which will probably develop into something more) and choosing a person whom you will be seeing repeatedly and de facto exclusively. So you're far from being a slut.

I should warn you though that FWB is basically a teenage fantasy: it doesn't work in real life, you can't maintain the detachment. It is much better described as seeing each other, which acknowledges the probable relationship to come - and it sounds much classier.

*As indeed should men, whose lack of self-respect makes me ashamed of my own gender.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 33
Yes your a slut, you probably have aids and a child because you slept with 2 people. You've also signed a one way ticket to hell by sleeping with someone before marriage.

Unlucky.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by Ultimate1
No one cares.

The only time being a slut matters is when you're looking for a bf.

If you are serious about getting into a relationship in the future I'd keep it low. Trust me guys look for it (and those who don't aren't the attractive types either).

Exactly this.

OP is a slut, OP has every right to be a slut, but she shouldn't expect people not to judge her when it comes to the possibility of a relationship with feelings etc.
Reply 35
No but some people may argue otherwise on the friends with benefits but hey :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by John Stuart Mill
y all women not think like this

quite a lot of them are, I know tons of girls who feel the same as I do

Original post by JustMe20
Because it's slutty

I would hardly call it slutty, it's two people sleeping with each other, no one else, in their private time and so what they're doing is not hurting or affecting anyone else? I'm sorry, but this is modern life, not every single pair of people having sex are going to be in a relationship now, and it's just as well they're friends and they know each rather than the people they choose to sleep with being complete strangers. I know you're entitled to your opinion, that's fair enough, but sleeping with friends boyfriends and any guy that walks down the street MAY be classed as slutty, I just don't see how a friends with benefits situation is?
No
Reply 38
Well, you know ice cream, they have many flavours, there is vanilla, cranberry and chocolate yet they all have one thing in common, they are all cold. Go figure.
Reply 39
No it is fine just as long as the males are not black

Original post by Gray Wolf
Well, you know ice cream, they have many flavours, there is vanilla, cranberry and chocolate yet they all have one thing in common, they are all cold. Go figure.

Thy are also found on ice cream cones :dunce:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending