The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Psychology C801 (MA) Undergraduates?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by nicolagrantgrant
Can someone please help me with picking courses alongside Psychology? I'm slightly confused. Right, so we need to do 120 credits in ARTs over two years. I'm really confused about how much a credits worth, I'm aware we need to take another two subjects along side Psychology but I don't understand why they say we can do a credit in social sciences HELP! :frown:

Each course is worth 40 credits, usually made up of two different classes worth 20 credits each. So we need to do 120 credits each year, but over years 1 and 2 we need to do a minimum of 120 credits in arts subjects. For example if I chose to do: Psychology, Sociology and History in first year that would add up to 120 credits BUT only 40 credits of arts subjects. In year 2, if I carried on with Psychology and History and then chose Philosophy this would add up to 120 credits and also satisfy the minimum of 120 credits in arts subjects over years 1 and 2

EDIT: So as long as you've done a minimum of 120 credits of arts subjects by the end of year 2 then all is fine, that's why you can do a social science subject :smile: ( but I think the way it works out you can only take a class from another college for 1 year because of the way it works out, as we need 120 credits in Arts) I hope I've not confused you even more!
(edited 10 years ago)
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by Shannon~
Each course is worth 40 credits, usually made up of two different classes worth 20 credits each. So we need to do 120 credits each year, but over years 1 and 2 we need to do a minimum of 120 credits in arts subjects. For example if I chose to do: Psychology, Sociology and History in first year that would add up to 120 credits BUT only 40 credits of arts subjects. In year 2, if I carried on with Psychology and History and then chose Philosophy this would add up to 120 credits and also satisfy the minimum of 120 credits in arts subjects over years 1 and 2

EDIT: So as long as you've done a minimum of 120 credits of arts subjects by the end of year 2 then all is fine, that's why you can do a social science subject :smile: ( but I think the way it works out you can only take a class from another college for 1 year because of the way it works out, as we need 120 credits in Arts) I hope I've not confused you even more!

Thank you so much for your amazing reply! So for example in first year i could do Psychology, history and archaelogy and in second year Psychology, history and sociology? That would equal 120 credits? Your such a wee star! Thanks for the help :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Thank you so much for your amazing reply! So for example in first year i could do Psychology, history and archaelogy and in second year Psychology, history and sociology? That would equal 120 credits? Your such a wee star! Thanks for the help :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah exactly that :smile: Glad I could help!
Reply 63
Our enrollment has been moved from tomorrow to the 26th of August now :frown: it says on the registration bit on the website
Hi Jennifer :smile: are you doing the MA too then yeah? I'm really excited about starting too, it will be brilliant. Are you looking forward to freshers' week?

Hey sorry for the ridiculously long reply haha, yea I am! Your right it should be brilliant! I'm really looking forward to freshers, nervous a bit tho but I think that's normal :smile:. How about yourself?
Our enrollment has been moved from tomorrow to the 26th of August now :frown: it says on the registration bit on the website

Aw really? That sucks :frown: I kinda just want to get registered cause it makes it feel a bit more real that way haha!
Reply 66
Original post by JenniferHepburn
Hey sorry for the ridiculously long reply haha, yea I am! Your right it should be brilliant! I'm really looking forward to freshers, nervous a bit tho but I think that's normal :smile:. How about yourself?

No worries haha! Oh that's great, I'm feeling the same way you are, if we weren't feeling a bit nervous I think something would be wrong with us :smile:
Original post by TheLittlestOwl
Hello there Jennifer,

Are you doing the MA or the BSc? :smile:

I'm really looking forward to starting as well!

Hiya! Yeah I'm doing the MA (SocSci) I think it's called or something haha? So looking forward to that, how about yourself what one are you planning on doing? :smile:
No worries haha! Oh that's great, I'm feeling the same way you are, if we weren't feeling a bit nervous I think something would be wrong with us :smile:

Haha thanks, like me and technology just don't mix well haha! Yep definately :smile: tho its more excitement than nerves but I'd be lying if I said the nerves weren't there! So have you got your freshers pass all organised yet? Ohh and I have to ask a silly question here, but when does our course actually start, im sure I read somewhere it was the 14 sep but I dont know if that's true- do you happen to know?

I think it's been moved because the uni is having problems with Mycampus ( the un website thingy haha). My sister got an email about it- she's in her fourth year. I'm gutted it's been moved, I went to the library today to scan my photo and stuff :frown:
Reply 70
Haha thanks, like me and technology just don't mix well haha! Yep definately :smile: tho its more excitement than nerves but I'd be lying if I said the nerves weren't there! So have you got your freshers pass all organised yet? Ohh and I have to ask a silly question here, but when does our course actually start, im sure I read somewhere it was the 14 sep but I dont know if that's true- do you happen to know?

Haha! Yeah I've got mine, can't wait :smile: Freshers starts on the 16th but the unions have some events on the 14th and 15th, then our classes start on the 23rd! :smile:
Reply 71
I think it's been moved because the uni is having problems with Mycampus ( the un website thingy haha). My sister got an email about it- she's in her fourth year. I'm gutted it's been moved, I went to the library today to scan my photo and stuff :frown:

Oh really! Well I'd preferred they took time to fix that then rather than something going wrong while we were trying to register haha!
Are freshers passes still on sale? I have not got mine yet... Oops xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Are freshers passes still on sale? I have not got mine yet... Oops xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I think they're still available :smile:
Haha! Yeah I've got mine, can't wait :smile: Freshers starts on the 16th but the unions have some events on the 14th and 15th, then our classes start on the 23rd! :smile:

Aw that's good! Not got mine yet but I'll buy it soon! :smile: ahhh I see, okay- thanks so much cause I was panicking cause I didn't know the actual date when uni started!
Reply 75
Aw that's good! Not got mine yet but I'll buy it soon! :smile: ahhh I see, okay- thanks so much cause I was panicking cause I didn't know the actual date when uni started!

Woo :smile: No worries at all, you're welcome!
Just ordered my freshers pass! hopefully seee you all there! It better be good since it was Ā£
40.00! xx so excited now eek!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Just ordered my freshers pass! hopefully seee you all there! It better be good since it was Ā£
40.00! xx so excited now eek!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Woohooo! Not sure if you've seen this yet but this is the Queen Margaret union events for freshers http://www.qmunion.org.uk/#!blank/c1smn
Just checkinggg for the freshers pass i selected the college of arts? Is that right? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Just checkinggg for the freshers pass i selected the college of arts? Is that right? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's right :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest