The Student Room Group

Thigh gaps.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by StringerBell9
Gaps are to do with fitness, not being skinny.

Any woman can have a gap, I think it's unfair for women to complain that there's now an interest in a feature that genuinely requires lots of effort. Dieting to achieve ideal physique is just as important for men.

I think the issue here is not how much effort it takes but the risk to oneself.

A girl that is not predisposed to have a thigh gap will often undertake drastic measures in the battle to acquire one.
Original post by BonnyBonny
That is not the problem

It is that they have flat chests and flat bottom like a man

Some guys actually love the flat pancake look :/
Reply 22
thigh gaps aren't even something which makes someone attractive, find this ridiculous, girls should be happy with themselves how they are dieting at a young age is so unhealthy and can have consequences such as osteoporosis in later life!

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's no chance in hell of the sun shining through my gelatinous thighs! Luckily I love my body so WHO CARES! :biggrin:
Reply 24
all the lads I know like a girl with thick thighs and a nice round bum! I'm a size 8 on top and my bum is size 10/12 I'm perfectly happy with that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
SHOW HER THAT BEYONCE DOESN'T HAVE THIGH GAP.

Everyone is different. It's a shame to be obsessed with getting a thigh gap etc,
Reply 26
I think it's disgusting that any of you would criticise someone for being 'skinny' - why is it acceptable to say "skinny legs are vile" but not "fat legs are vile"? I'm a size 6/8 and would love to be bigger but I have a fast metabolism. Also calling someone 'flat chested' is so insensitive ...think about what you say children

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Preziosavita
Sometimes people don't have it dependent on their bone structure. I was underweight and I still didn't have it.

This^ I know someone who is a size 18 who has one yet I know someone else who is a size 6 who has tried to get one but couldnt. Myself I have never had one even when I was a size 8.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Thigh gaps r ugly. I dont get ehy somebody wants it.
Reply 29
keep answers on topic please :h:
I dislike it when people say thigh gaps are 'off putting' you're making girls who have thigh gaps feel insecure, shame on you. Naturally skinny girls would have them, it's not a problem because they didn't achieve it in an unhealthy way. I hope the 'thigh gap' phase ends, it sucks for those girls who hope for skinnier thighs when in fact their hips are just too narrow to achieve one. Thigh gaps are overrated I wouldn't worry about one, you're beautiful the way you are :smile: tell your friend that her figure is fine and show her the models don't have this 'thigh gap' make her feel pretty :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a thigh gap. I owe it all to undereating and skipping meals.
Reply 32
Original post by Amelia-Babe
Some guys actually love the flat pancake look :/

And the majority of men love big breasts and arses so let us skinny chicks have something, please. :colonhash:
Load of *******s, a thigh gap does make a girl more attractive imo - just another trend made up by these tumblr retards/losers it would seem.
My sister was like that (fad diets, only water and lettuce, etc) when we were both in boarding school, and she was only 13!

Anyway 6 months later my parents took her to the GP and she was diagnosed with anorexia nervosa. She's 24 now and she is very short and overweight. No one else in our family is or ever has been as short as she is, and none of us have ever been overweight either.

I think that she probably had stunting to her growth because of not eating properly, and her overweight is partly an overcompensation for the lack of eating she did when she was younger (many studies show that people who were malnourished as children are more likely to be overweight as adults).
Original post by Ham22
I do not understand this obsession at. all.

People are weird.
Reply 36
Show her a picture of a girl with the triangle! Way more attractive in my view and much more achievable unless you're naturally thin :smile:
Reply 37
Thigh gaps only look okay when you have a naturally slim bone structure, otherwise it doesn't look right :/
Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
The sooner this phase ends the better imo. There are too many half-starved girls knocking about who are so undernourished they look brittle - as if a gentle breeze may snap them.

It's a ridiculous fashion ideal.

No offense to those with thigh gaps.

But please do yourself a favour and buy yourself a pie

Not everybody with a thigh gap doesn't eat. I have a natural thigh gap and I'm a healthy weight. It's just because I have wider hips.
Original post by Ashahedow
I think the issue here is not how much effort it takes but the risk to oneself.

A girl that is not predisposed to have a thigh gap will often undertake drastic measures in the battle to acquire one.

No. It has nothing to do with risk.

It has to do with fitness. If a girl is willing to put in time exercising to get the body she wants rather than starving herself.

Quick Reply

Latest