The Student Room Group

QUB re-consideration thread- August 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tbag1
Hmm... I don't really see their point here... Yes they won't know the number of spaces till results day. But we knew that. What we want to know is how many people ahead of you have been offered places elsewhere, thus voiding their claim to a waiting list spot.

Of course it's dependent upon results. But you can still make reasonable assumptions based on stats from previous years.

----

Tom

That's what I was thinking too. Probably knew something but couldn't be bothered to find out for me lol. Awell, guess I will have to wait until August to hear the news.

If somebody else asks them about the 'revised list' after the final decisions are made through UCAS then they might be more successful.
It's been a while since I posted. Anybody heard any news from admissions about the post interview rankings? Only 5 weeks to go from tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, I'm just waiting for the 15th of August too, hoping I get in somehow. Just wondering what the procedure would be, would they contact us or should we give them a ring? Thanks
Reply 43
Original post by moment4life
Hi guys, I'm just waiting for the 15th of August too, hoping I get in somehow. Just wondering what the procedure would be, would they contact us or should we give them a ring? Thanks

Ring them. Chances are, they would ring you, but don't risk it. They'll want to know that you want it.

----

Tom
Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone has heard anything back? Also, does anyone know when applicants on the waiting last year started to hear back? This waiting is killing me !
I haven't heard back either, I just want a surprise phone call already! :frown: haha. I think someone said to me that they heard from queen's about a week after results day or something! Although i believe spaces may become available the whole way up to the start of the first semester.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by awilson008
I haven't heard back either, I just want a surprise phone call already! :frown: haha. I think someone said to me that they heard from queen's about a week after results day or something! Although i believe spaces may become available the whole way up to the start of the first semester.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know me too! It's so nerve wracking not knowing what's going to happen or if they'll even have any places :frown:
Original post by moment4life
I know me too! It's so nerve wracking not knowing what's going to happen or if they'll even have any places :frown:

What rank are you? I'm number 11 :frown: I really want to hear something before the weekend!
Reply 48
What rank are you? I'm number 11 :frown: I really want to hear something before the weekend!

I was 13 last year and got in.

I think it was about 22 who got in in total!

----

Tom
Original post by tbag1
I was 13 last year and got in.

I think it was about 22 who got in in total!

----

Tom

Hey I'm currently ranked 16th on the post interview rankings. I was wondering when you heard from Queens last year about getting into the course as this waiting is killing me.
Reply 50
Original post by BaronVonTurtle
Hey I'm currently ranked 16th on the post interview rankings. I was wondering when you heard from Queens last year about getting into the course as this waiting is killing me.

From what I can remember it was about a week or so before I heard :smile:

----

Tom
Please let it be tomorrow! Hahaha. I'm dying here...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahaha yeah i dont think i go on waiting anymore. I just need to know now so I can go on and make plans for next year.
Reply 53
Ahaha yeah i dont think i go on waiting anymore. I just need to know now so I can go on and make plans for next year.

Have you tried phoning them?

----

Tom
Original post by tbag1
Have you tried phoning them?

----

Tom

Ive been phoning them since 2 and "the lines are busy" constantly
So I finally got thru to admissions and they told me that there has been no movement with the waiting list yet and that they are waiting to hear back from candidates who have offers with CAO and Queens. That way there may be some withdrawals.
So I finally got thru to admissions and they told me that there has been no movement with the waiting list yet and that they are waiting to hear back from candidates who have offers with CAO and Queens. That way there may be some withdrawals.

I'm betting this is gonna take a while...i wonder how many people realistically would go down south.

Annoying 'cause i need to book the ukcat and get my ps sorted if i have to reapply again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm betting this is gonna take a while...i wonder how many people realistically would go down south.

Annoying 'cause i need to book the ukcat and get my ps sorted if i have to reapply again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea :/ hopefully enough aha yeah im in the same situation as you with the UKCAT and PS again :/ im curious as to whether the post interview rankings are the same as the reserve list
I have no idea :/ hopefully enough aha yeah im in the same situation as you with the UKCAT and PS again :/ im curious as to whether the post interview rankings are the same as the reserve list

What's the reserve list? 0_o

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the reserve list? 0_o

Posted from TSR Mobile

The reserve list is the official waiting list once anyone with an offer for elsewhere or who didnt get the grades have been taken off

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending