The Student Room Group

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheKingOfTSR
You can download their converter ,right?
Raw-UMS converter..

OCR don't have one
What is the total amount of ums you can get at the end of A2? for aqa science
(edited 10 years ago)
Just seen I missed out on an A* in Maths by 2 UMS. I feel sick and it's not worth pursuing because I got into uni regardless SOB
Original post by Danatlive
Just seen I missed out on an A* in Maths by 2 UMS. I feel sick and it's not worth pursuing because I got into uni regardless SOB

I feel your pain! 1 UMS off an A* in English lit :frown: Only non-A*! But paying £40 for a remark is ridiculous, and others would think I'm being ridiculous! But I got my place :smile:
Hi
I just got my results I do OCR Biology and received a total of 503 UMS, I wanted to know the ums for an A*?. At AS level i achieved a total of 260 UMS and at A2 i acheived 243 UMS. would i get an A* if i were to retake one my biology practicals again.

What if I were to retake both my AS and A2 practicals to get a total of 540 UMS? will that be an A* or Is it specifically just the A2 UMS I need to get up to 270 (90%)
You nee to get 270 at A2 for the A* aslong as you get over 480/600 (which you do)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(AS)

I cannot make any sense of the AQA Grade Boundaries: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2013.PDF

The 'Maximum Scaled Mark' surely cannot be the maximum mark attainable as I have exceeded this figure in some of my examinations. I only wanted to see how far into the 'A' boundary I was, and now I am pretty confused.

Can anybody enlighten me?
Reply 1407
Original post by amytaylorrr
(AS)

I cannot make any sense of the AQA Grade Boundaries: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2013.PDF

The 'Maximum Scaled Mark' surely cannot be the maximum mark attainable as I have exceeded this figure in some of my exam
Re: AS HELP! What to drop?!! Urgent!!inations. I only wanted to see how far into the 'A' boundary I was, and now I am pretty confused.

Can anybody enlighten me?

The maximum scaled mark is the maximum number of raw marks obtainable in a paper. Eg my ECON 2 paper was out of 75 marks, so maximum scaled mark is 75, but my results slip said 90/100. That's because I got 90 UMS in this exam after it went through the Uniform Mark Scheme
You'll notice I chose ECON 2 and not 1 because I did so much worse in unit 1 :colondollar:
Original post by adi19956
The maximum scaled mark is the maximum number of raw marks obtainable in a paper. Eg my ECON 2 paper was out of 75 marks, so maximum scaled mark is 75, but my results slip said 90/100. That's because I got 90 UMS in this exam after it went through the Uniform Mark Scheme
You'll notice I chose ECON 2 and not 1 because I did so much worse in unit 1 :colondollar:

So how do I find out my raw mark? Is there not a way to convert UMS back to the actual mark?
Reply 1409
Original post by amytaylorrr
So how do I find out my raw mark? Is there not a way to convert UMS back to the actual mark?

AQA has a converter. If you go on it and select "convert multiple marks" you get a table which shows all possible raw and UMS marks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Reply 1410
Hello, can any one plzzzzzz visit my thread and give advise as it would be really beneficial and I am in need of it http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2436495 Thank you!!!!!
Original post by Varsh05
My chemistry grade is very appalling! I missed my firm but they offered me another course which was similar to my firm :s-smilie:
Was meant to do Biomedical Science but now I think I'm going for Healthcare science..

don't worry im sure its not as bad as u think :smile:
whats ur firm? have u accepted healthcare science?
Original post by Jimmy20002012
Got AABB, in Biology, maths, physics and chemistry, got screwed over by OCR for chemistry only got 118 ums in F322 which brought me down to a B, might get it remarked! Anyway congratulations on your firm, :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow those are really good grades well done :smile:
have u decided whether to remark or not? you'll easily bring that up next year don't worry :smile:
Original post by 06moca
Very distressing.

how did it go? (f325)
Reply 1414
Original post by needtosucceed=)
don't worry im sure its not as bad as u think :smile:
whats ur firm? have u accepted healthcare science?

Well I see them as bad :frown:
My firm was biomed at St George's and insurance was biomed at Westminster.
I got an interview for healthcare science at SGUL,but then got a call on saturday morning saying that all the places are full and if I were to do the interview,which was scheduled for today at 9.30,it'd be for deferred entry :mad:
So I guess it's Biomed at Westminster :smile:
Original post by Varsh05
Well I see them as bad :frown:
My firm was biomed at St George's and insurance was biomed at Westminster.
I got an interview for healthcare science at SGUL,but then got a call on saturday morning saying that all the places are full and if I were to do the interview,which was scheduled for today at 9.30,it'd be for deferred entry :mad:
So I guess it's Biomed at Westminster :smile:

sorry to hear that :frown:
ohh right I see, well i'm sure you'll still have a good time at westminster!
good luck for next year :smile:
Reply 1416
sorry to hear that :frown:
ohh right I see, well i'm sure you'll still have a good time at westminster!
good luck for next year :smile:

Thank you :smile:
You too,what uni you going to? And what course?
Original post by Varsh05
Thank you :smile:
You too,what uni you going to? And what course?

no problem, thanks :smile:
i'll be going to kings for pharmacy :smile:
Reply 1418
no problem, thanks :smile:
i'll be going to kings for pharmacy :smile:

That's amazing,though I heard Pharmacy is difficult :s-smilie:
Good Luck :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest