accommodation:county townhouse

so excited can't wait to start see you all there :biggrin:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 201
Original post by Orthrus
Haha, I think everywhere starts earlier than Lancaster! Same for me, lots of my friends went to northumbria and sunderland so they're all going to partying really nearby as well :L Have you seen the freshers timetable for County? It sounds like a good time :biggrin:

Well I have some friends starting at the same time, but they mainly start before! Northumbria starts really early! I thought it wasn't out til the end of the month? :')
Reply 202
Original post by Tish

PS: Also any gamers bringing their console with them and a TV?

Me! I'm bringing my Xbox and TV :biggrin:

Course: English Language and Linguistics
Offer: DD (BTEC) and an A
Results: D*D* BB
College: I got into Lonsdale Superior-Ensuite (I applied for Grizdale and Furness, but I don't care. :tongue: )
Reply 203
Original post by HannahS95
Well I have some friends starting at the same time, but they mainly start before! Northumbria starts really early! I thought it wasn't out til the end of the month? :')

I know, most my friends are going to northumbria so i'm gonna be sat at home while they're off at uni :rolleyes: Were your friends as unadventurous as mine, or did they choose far off unis too? Hmmm, maybe i've been looking at last year's then, but if it's anything like that this year, it should be fun :smile:
Reply 204
Original post by Orthrus
I know, most my friends are going to northumbria so i'm gonna be sat at home while they're off at uni :rolleyes: Were your friends as unadventurous as mine, or did they choose far off unis too? Hmmm, maybe i've been looking at last year's then, but if it's anything like that this year, it should be fun :smile:

Well my closest friends are going all over the place (manchester, nottingham, bath, cambridge, loughborough) :') I'm from near leeds, lots of people from sixth form have chosen to go to newcastle/northumbria or sheffield/hallam, and then lots have chosen to go to Huddersfield/Leeds Uni/Leeds Met as well :') I find it abit weird, I never even looked at Leeds, be too weird going to Uni the same place I grew up :') Tbh i'm glad there are only a few people I know going to Lancaster, be so awkward to end up seeing everyone I knew at school when I'm out at uni :')
Reply 205
I have a place at Lancaster!

English and Creative Writing, can't wait!

Just got an offer of Pendle Standard, not my first choice and don't really know anything about it :smile:
Reply 206
Well my closest friends are going all over the place (manchester, nottingham, bath, cambridge, loughborough) :') I'm from near leeds, lots of people from sixth form have chosen to go to newcastle/northumbria or sheffield/hallam, and then lots have chosen to go to Huddersfield/Leeds Uni/Leeds Met as well :') I find it abit weird, I never even looked at Leeds, be too weird going to Uni the same place I grew up :') Tbh i'm glad there are only a few people I know going to Lancaster, be so awkward to end up seeing everyone I knew at school when I'm out at uni :')

Damn, cambridge! :eek: it's the opposite for me - most my closest friends are going to unis here in newcastle, with the odd one or two moving away :tongue: I know what you mean, newcastle and northumbria were never on my radar really 'cause they've always been just there, and i was determined to go away for uni! My only real criteria for location was that it preferably be in the north - in fact, i went to leeds for an interview :') I just hope i don't unexpectedly see any old school friends at lancaster!
Reply 207
Original post by LBraley
I know! Yeah I got it at 4:30 so I've paid my deposit, I'm in Pendle college staying in a standard room. Have you had yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got mine too, but haven't paid the deposit yet. I'm in Furness, staying in an en-suite room :smile:
Reply 208
Original post by Orthrus
Damn, cambridge! :eek: it's the opposite for me - most my closest friends are going to unis here in newcastle, with the odd one or two moving away :tongue: I know what you mean, newcastle and northumbria were never on my radar really 'cause they've always been just there, and i was determined to go away for uni! My only real criteria for location was that it preferably be in the north - in fact, i went to leeds for an interview :') I just hope i don't unexpectedly see any old school friends at lancaster!

I actually have two friends going to Cambridge...:') I went to a grammar school for 7-11, then the sixth form was just state school, but attached to the grammar school, so there was a massive range of ability :') Well I didn't really look at Southern unis, but I did have a look at a few in the midlands :') I almost definitely will see people i knew from school, but theres no one i dislike there so its fine :') I could just imagine going out in newcastle though, be like a school reunion, no thankyou! :')
Reply 209
Original post by eimmas
I've got mine too, but haven't paid the deposit yet. I'm in Furness, staying in an en-suite room :smile:

Ooh nice! I wasn't allowed en suite aha, I've spent most the day trying to find people on my course and in my accommodation :smile:
Reply 210
Original post by cara.heys

Just got an offer of Pendle Standard, not my first choice and don't really know anything about it :smile:

I'm on English Lit with Creative Writing! What was your first choice for accommodation? I got Furness superior ensuite.
Reply 211
Original post by cara.heys

Im in Pendle Standard too! See you there :smile:
Reply 212
Original post by LBraley
Ooh nice! I wasn't allowed en suite aha, I've spent most the day trying to find people on my course and in my accommodation :smile:

I've spent most of the day trying to get the stupid Steam Packet website to work so I can figure out travel arrangements to get to uni! Haha. Is Pendle's moving-in day the Saturday or Sunday?
Original post by callmehayleyy
i don't have a clue! i'm just gonna wait till i get there and see what everyone else is doing :') haha it was a lovely uni, but statistically lancaster is better, so if i get to go to a better uni, i'm gonna. york is the more beautiful city though :wink: and i know, i feel sorry for people who have to go all that way it's literally eye watering i just hope i don't get homesick! and ahh that's good to know :smile: i hope the german teachers are the same! i'm optimistic though :smile: and haha oh god no my AS results were dismal! i got BCD! but then i changed that to ACB at a-level so i applied for adjustment and voila! i think i was very lucky lancaster dont require german a level for german studies and linguistics, and that they offered me a place but clearing grades were BBB. 6 weeks... so far away! (i was supposed to be starting on the 16th of september so i quit my job! LOL!)

York is a beautiful city, I did consider York University but when I went on the open day the first thing they said to us was "We give more offers than we have places because we know that some of you will fail," and I thought that was a horrible attitude to have- it seemed so snobby and like they didn't think any of the students were good enough for the uni.

I'm lucky because I can visit home quite easily if I get homesick but I'm going to try not to in the first few weeks because I need to get used to being away, and if I go home I might not want to come back! I'm so excited about freshers and everything but I've never been away from my family for longer than a week before so it's going to take a lot of getting used to.

Well done on your grades, they're fantastic! Are you learning German completely from scratch? :smile: Haha oh well, at least you can relax for the rest of the summer now! What was your job?
Reply 214
I actually have two friends going to Cambridge...:') I went to a grammar school for 7-11, then the sixth form was just state school, but attached to the grammar school, so there was a massive range of ability :') Well I didn't really look at Southern unis, but I did have a look at a few in the midlands :') I almost definitely will see people i knew from school, but theres no one i dislike there so its fine :') I could just imagine going out in newcastle though, be like a school reunion, no thankyou! :')

Haha, in contrast i'm fully state schooled - the only one in my family who is, now that i think about it! All my sisters went to boarding school at some point then there's me who just had to walk round the corner :lol: We had a massive range of crazy at my college!
Lancaster was my limit for going south, but i did look at further scottish unis though :') What midland ones did you look at?
It's a shame, Newcastle is pretty brill for nightlife and stuff, or so i'm told - turning 18 during exams isn't great timing :tongue:
Reply 215
Original post by Sockhead
Hey there
I'm coming from Leeds too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice :smile:
What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 216
Original post by eimmas
Added you! Have you had your accommodation offer? I got mine this morning for Furness! :biggrin:

Yes, I got mine as well! Are you superior ensuite or normal ensuite?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dreadpiraterach
York is a beautiful city, I did consider York University but when I went on the open day the first thing they said to us was "We give more offers than we have places because we know that some of you will fail," and I thought that was a horrible attitude to have- it seemed so snobby and like they didn't think any of the students were good enough for the uni.

I'm lucky because I can visit home quite easily if I get homesick but I'm going to try not to in the first few weeks because I need to get used to being away, and if I go home I might not want to come back! I'm so excited about freshers and everything but I've never been away from my family for longer than a week before so it's going to take a lot of getting used to.

Well done on your grades, they're fantastic! Are you learning German completely from scratch? :smile: Haha oh well, at least you can relax for the rest of the summer now! What was your job?

omg that's awful!! i can see why you didn't go with it in the end! and yeah that's a good way to think about it. stick it out and wait till it passes i guess haha :') most of us are in the same boat i'd imagine. thank you! :smile: i couldn't speak when i saw them! bewildered! i did it at GCSE and got a B but i couldn''t do it at a-level as it's not the most popular language ever! but now is my chance, so excited. and see i dunno though i will miss my job because of the people i've met there, HOWEVER, i'm a pot washer so my sadness only stretches so far! i've told the manager if she can't find anyone when i get back from holiday, i'll do it for a bit longer until they can trial some more people. bloody dedication i swear :') i hope there's plenty of jobs going in lancaster! i can't imagine there is though it's such a small place! :')
Reply 218
Original post by sw95
Nice :smile:
What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Media and Culture in Grizedale college how about you?
I'm glad we're not too far from home :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 219
Original post by Sockhead
Media and Culture in Grizedale college how about you?
I'm glad we're not too far from home :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths in furness :smile:
Yeah it'll be nice to be able to get the train home without it taking too long.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending