The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston University 2013 Students

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rierieaubrey
Which halls are you staying in ? I was just going to take every thing lol I have no idea what my flat mates will be like so they may not want to share haha x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am staying in Kingston Hill, standard en suite ;-) I just come back from shoping - even though I bought a minimum, it is still a lot... And I have to send everything to England (From Poland), as well as duvet, pillow etc...

I bought enough to be able to cook a dinner, but e.g. I have only one size frying pan.

It is soo true! I hope my flatmates will be gorgeous, but who knows... And I will have to live with them for a whole year!
But good thing is, I have my school 200 meters away...

Here is some 360 degrees views on some rooms:
http://www.kingston.ac.uk/accommodation/halls-of-residence/room-types-and-costs/virtual-tours/

Rooms are quite small, hope all of my stuff will fit in there!
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by Aspinall
So wait, all you guys have had your halls confirmations/emails already?

I'm going to be studying Creative Music Technologies by the way

Yes, I have, but I have submitted my accommodation papers back in the beginning of June. If you are studying Music, you are probably in Kingston Hill campus, right? Me to! ;-)
Original post by Sophieanne95
Nope, had nothing through? Has everybody else? Argh I want mine so I know when I'm starting! Excited! I just heard that there's a sims chance to apply for halls coming up which is a relief.

Posted from TSR Mobile

DO you know, that you can check on UCAS when are you starting? My course is starting on the 20th of September, like most of courses :-) (some are earlier)

And on the web side of Kingston is written, that they will start to send us all the details from 27th of August :-)
Original post by 19kisielek95
I am staying in Kingston Hill, standard en suite ;-) I just come back from shoping - even though I bought a minimum, it is still a lot... And I have to send everything to England (From Poland), as well as duvet, pillow etc...

I bought enough to be able to cook a dinner, but e.g. I have only one size frying pan.

It is soo true! I hope my flatmates will be gorgeous, but who knows... And I will have to live with them for a whole year!
But good thing is, I have my school 200 meters away...

Here is some 360 degrees views on some rooms:
http://www.kingston.ac.uk/accommodation/halls-of-residence/room-types-and-costs/virtual-tours/

Rooms are quite small, hope all of my stuff will fit in there!

That sounds alright ' oh gosh so your going to have to send everything here ? Haha me too me too ! I'm staying in clayhill shouldn't be to bad just maybe a tight squeeze ha !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maggiemaritz
Helllooo!
I'm going to be studying Illustration and Animation, i'll be living in Clayhill.. Having a nightmare packing my current room because I have no idea how big/small the rooms are going to be. I have a standard en-suite, but I have way too many art materials/books so I'm a bit worried about space! Can't complain because I know some people don't even have halls! Trying to pack up an apartment into a room is hard work though! I seem to be throwing away half of my possessions!

Heyyaa :biggrin: and wow that sounds like a really interesting course! Aw yeah I'm sure its a nightmare! maybe check with people who have stayed at Clayhill how big the rooms are? x
Original post by Aspinall
So wait, all you guys have had your halls confirmations/emails already?

I'm going to be studying Creative Music Technologies by the way

Hello there :biggrin: I'm not staying in halls. But some people have had confirmation but they haven't finished allocating people yet and could take another week or so :smile: and sounds like an awesome course! x
Original post by Jessmay_T
Yay! :smile: Have you sent back all of the forms yet?

My email had been playing up so I only got all the forms recently I've been sorting all the forms today and will hopefully post them tomorrow :smile: what about you? x
Nope, had nothing through? Has everybody else? Argh I want mine so I know when I'm starting! Excited! I just heard that there's a sims chance to apply for halls coming up which is a relief.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had mine through but I'm doing nursing so I had to send a lot of forms back anyway. Maybe it depends on the course you are doing? Oh really is that for everyone or people who live far still? x
Also another question are you guys going to buy wristbands for the freshers stuff? or just going to buy tickets for each separate event? not really sure what to do yet x
Reply 69
Original post by LaurenCharlotte_
My email had been playing up so I only got all the forms recently I've been sorting all the forms today and will hopefully post them tomorrow :smile: what about you? x

I'm sorting them all now, it's taken ages for my doctor's surgery to give me my vaccination details!! Hopefully i will post them in the next few days! x
I'm sorting them all now, it's taken ages for my doctor's surgery to give me my vaccination details!! Hopefully i will post them in the next few days! x

Aw yeah the doctor's form thing was a pain I'm waiting on mine now hopefully will get it by tomorrow! yeah well we have a bit longer but just wanna get them done x
DO you know, that you can check on UCAS when are you starting? My course is starting on the 20th of September, like most of courses :-) (some are earlier)

And on the web side of Kingston is written, that they will start to send us all the details from 27th of August :-)

No I didn't. Thank you! What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Aw yeah the doctor's form thing was a pain I'm waiting on mine now hopefully will get it by tomorrow! yeah well we have a bit longer but just wanna get them done x

Yeah, I know what you mean!! x
Yeah, I know what you mean!! x

Was surprised when I got all the forms haha thought it was all sorted x
Reply 74
Was surprised when I got all the forms haha thought it was all sorted x

I know, we'd already done so many and then there were more! We must have used a whole tree with all the forms!!! x
No I didn't. Thank you! What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am studying Accounting and Finance in Kingston hill :-) And stay at halls there as well. What about you? ;-)
Reply 76
Hey! Starting Kingston in September but need to find private accommodation, is anyone else here in the same situation? Was really gutted about not being in Halls :frown:
Original post by HanHodge
Hey! Starting Kingston in September but need to find private accommodation, is anyone else here in the same situation? Was really gutted about not being in Halls :frown:

I am! Halls applications are re-opening on the 27th so there could be a second chance there. What campus are you on? And what are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am studying Accounting and Finance in Kingston hill :-) And stay at halls there as well. What about you? ;-)

Oh cool. Ah I'm studying geography at penrhyn road.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
aw you staying at home or going to find room mates? :smile: x

I will be staying at home it's just cheaper and easier for me! What about you?

Quick Reply