The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

When do we hear about accommodation and modules etc?

Scroll to see replies

Accomodation offers have starting to be sent out from today!! If you are living in parkwood be sure to join your court's group on facebook! The links are on the 'Living in parkwood' thread I started (on my phone so can't put them on here) or search for 'UKC <enter your court's name, eg Marley> 2013' on Facebook! There's also a general 'parkwood freshers 2013-14' group!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by RGJY
Does anyone know if we can swap accommodation? I was given Darwin College no-ensuite room and I really want ensuite. If there is anyone willing to swap, please send me a message.

I don't think you can swap but it's worth a try. Though if it wasn't one of your original 4 choices you can email them and say you want an en suite - my friend was put in Rutherford even though it wasn't one of her preferences and she complained, then saying that sshe didn't care if she was in parkwood if she has ensuite (her 4 choices was Keynes x2, Tyler b/c and Darwin) and they put her in a parkwood ensuite.
Original post by RGJY
Does anyone know if we can swap accommodation? I was given Darwin College no-ensuite room and I really want ensuite. If there is anyone willing to swap, please send me a message.

Hi RGJY,

Please call our accommodation office and ask if it is possible for your accommodation offer to be changed. Their number is 01227 822 600.

Thanks,

Marta
Reply 23
But do you think there's any chance I can change my room?

I'm from Portugal, so is that an international number?

Thank you.
I can't find my Kent ID number anywhere in any emails, but apparently I need it for enrolment. Any ideas where I can find this? Thanks :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by gingerninja22
I can't find my Kent ID number anywhere in any emails, but apparently I need it for enrolment. Any ideas where I can find this? Thanks :smile:

Go onto your accommodation application, once you've logged in it says it on the right hand side! modules are core for the first year of the majority of course, however if you do get to choose that opens on the 27th August. :smile:
Original post by aimeeshing
Go onto your accommodation application, once you've logged in it says it on the right hand side! modules are core for the first year of the majority of course, however if you do get to choose that opens on the 27th August. :smile:

So I'm correct in thinking the number in your accommodation account can be used to enrole even if you havent had the enrolement email yet technically :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aimeeshing

thank you! so it's the same as my UCAS ID?
Original post by gingerninja22
thank you! so it's the same as my UCAS ID?

That will mean yours has not updated yet, it should be 8 digits starting with 13 :smile:
Reply 29
So do we have to wait for the enrolment email or can we enrol now with our student ID numbers?
Original post by Ninojonesy
So do we have to wait for the enrolment email or can we enrol now with our student ID numbers?

Lots of people on the Facebook Freshers page have just used the ID they had on the accommodation page and it seems to be fine, but we weren't told that by any Kent official that I know of.
Reply 31
Original post by extermin8or
So I'm correct in thinking the number in your accommodation account can be used to enrole even if you havent had the enrolement email yet technically :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes thats correct :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by Naaadiiiaaa
Lots of people on the Facebook Freshers page have just used the ID they had on the accommodation page and it seems to be fine, but we weren't told that by any Kent official that I know of.

Can anyone from Kent definitely confirm it's okay to do this?
Original post by Alejandro

Yeah this is why I haven't done it lol
Reply 34
Found out my accommodation in Parkwood Bossenden courts! if anyone else finds they're in Parkwood accommodation go to this private facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/groups/ParkwoodFreshers2013/
as you can see who else is in your block/flats but as it's a private group and set up by the parkwood student committee it's completely safe
Original post by RGJY
But do you think there's any chance I can change my room?

I'm from Portugal, so is that an international number?

Thank you.

Hi RGJY,

I have just spoken to them and they told me that they will look into this for you! You cannot swap rooms since you will be getting a contract for a particular room, so your best chance is to call them and see if they can sort this out as soon as possible (preferably today).

If you are calling from Portugal you need to add (+44) 1227 766660 .

If you cannot call us, or have any problems, please send me a private message and we will try and sort this out.

Boa sorte!

Marta
Original post by Ninojonesy

Original post by Alejandro

Original post by extermin8or
Yeah this is why I haven't done it lol

Hi All,

Yes, you can enrol when you get your student ID number.

You will receive an e-mail with your getting started pack and student ID number, however if you have got your student ID number from your accommodation offer, you can use it to enrol online!

Please make sure you follow the steps on our getting started page:

www.kent.ac.uk/gettingstarted

Let me know if there are any other questions :smile:

Thanks,

Marta
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by University of Kent
Hi RGJY,

I have just spoken to them and they told me that they will look into this for you! You cannot swap rooms since you will be getting a contract for a particular room, so your best chance is to call them and see if they can sort this out as soon as possible (preferably today).

If you are calling from Portugal you need to add (+44) 1227 766660 .

If you cannot call us, or have any problems, please send me a private message and we will try and sort this out.

Boa sorte!

Marta

I've sent you a private message.
Thank you so much!
Any news on if its possible to change?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Just got my enrolment infomation email, pretty much stating what Marta said. So I would check your inbox's now just to see if you've got them. If not there's no particular procedure you need to go through so you can just enrol through the method that's on the Getting Started page :gthumb:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending