The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

UNITE Accommodation (New Medlock House, Manchester) - Yes or No?

Hey guys, newbie poster here so I apologise if this is in the completely wrong section.

I've been accepted into Manchester Metropolitan Uni and when I went to an open day a while ago, they said that because I live within a 25 mile radius I was ineligible for Uni provided Halls, which I was fine with because I wanted to stay at home anyway.

Upon getting my results I've decided I don't want to live at home - the whole freedom and independence thing etc. but I've had to apply for private halls by the UNITE company, at New Medlock House. I've read some reviews about the company in general but I'm getting mixed reviews - I know one of my older sisters used them to live in when she studied at LJMU and she had no real problems.

Anybody tell me whether it's a good idea to go ahead with this or whether I should just stay at home or not?

Cheers a bunch :-)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I went for it! It's better than living at home, Managed to get into Block B.
I'd do it if I were you it'll be easier to meet people and getting back from town will be way easier! Plus its basically next door to Man Met business school and All Saints campus :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
My friends brother stayed at home and felt like he didn't get a uni experience and didn't make as many friends so ended up dropping out.

I too live to close to MMU so opted to New Medlock. I'm sooo excited and it's close to all saints campus so I'm happy :smile:
Reply 3
Where you staying at New Medlock I've been trying to find anyone in my flat and had no luck! can't find a single person :P
Reply 4
Hi! I am staying here too. :smile: Which flat do you have?
Reply 5
I'm in flat 024 :smile: Where bouts are you?
Reply 6
Original post by harrop_jh
I'm in flat 024 :smile: Where bouts are you?

Block E, flat 118. And I have no idea which floor it is. :biggrin:
Reply 7
Ahaha that's nowhere near me I don't think cos I am in block B :smile: proper excited to find out who I'm with! but ****ting it at the same time! Have you visited the accommodation I don't know what it's like :biggrin:
Reply 8
Ahaha that's nowhere near me I don't think cos I am in block B :smile: proper excited to find out who I'm with! but ****ting it at the same time! Have you visited the accommodation I don't know what it's like :biggrin:

I haven`t been there. :frown: I`m also really excited and nervous at the same time. I hope to have normal/crazy people in my flat :biggrin:

So are you going to be there on 7th September or later?
Reply 9
I'm not sure yet tbh! I think the seventh is sorta early was gonna turn up like the 15-17th since my mates don't go away til then and my course doesn't start til 23rd :smile: Only thing I'm worried about is if I end up with proper quiet stay in people! Only went into accommodation for one reason! :biggrin: When you turning up at?
Reply 10
Hey guys :-)
I'm in flat 74, so neither of you are with me :frown:
I too am worrying about moving in because I'm usually really bad at meeting new people, but that's why I'm looking forward to university!

Look forward to meeting you guys :smile:
Reply 11
I'm not sure yet tbh! I think the seventh is sorta early was gonna turn up like the 15-17th since my mates don't go away til then and my course doesn't start til 23rd :smile: Only thing I'm worried about is if I end up with proper quiet stay in people! Only went into accommodation for one reason! :biggrin: When you turning up at?

On 10th September. :smile:

Original post by McGivern123
Hey guys :-)
I'm in flat 74, so neither of you are with me :frown:
I too am worrying about moving in because I'm usually really bad at meeting new people, but that's why I'm looking forward to university!

Look forward to meeting you guys :smile:

Well, for couple hours or days it`s going to be awkward (being around new people). :biggrin: But everything is going to be fine.. :biggrin: :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Think I might end up going for this accommodation because I doubt mmu will offer me uni accommodation since it was my insurance and only applied on Thursday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
There is an opening for one of the £105 non ensuites I think, it's the cheapest one so I would look into that one if I were you :smile: Icedancer95

Pretty sure if we're all in the same block we will prob meet each other anyway! Everyone will be as nervous as each other so it'll be reet :smile:

Why you turning up on the 10th proper early that ain't it :biggrin: And freshers doesn't even start til 21st!
Reply 14

Why you turning up on the 10th proper early that ain't it :biggrin: And freshers doesn't even start til 21st!

Thought that it`s better. Got a lot of stuff to do. :smile:
Reply 15

Pretty sure if we're all in the same block we will prob meet each other anyway! Everyone will be as nervous as each other so it'll be reet :smile:

Ahh I'm in Block C :frown:
But hey to use the word "reet" you must be from somewhere up north? :wink:
Reply 16
From Manchester :smile: Where you coming from ?
Has anyone heard anything about the Manchester student village rooms? They seem a really good price?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18

Don't let me become a quiet shut in!
Is anyone studying brand and advertising management??? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending