The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keromedic
I'll be reading. I'll look at doing 12 weeks abroad or something similar and I'll work obviously. I'm also going to try and take advantage of that to blitz my music.

I plan on applying to uni post A-Level too :smile: I plan on spending my gap year getting an internship somewhere like the Royal Academy of Arts, work, learn some languages then go abroad for about 4 months. :biggrin:
Original post by justanotherindigo
I plan on applying to uni post A-Level too :smile: I plan on spending my gap year getting an internship somewhere like the Royal Academy of Arts, work, learn some languages then go abroad for about 4 months. :biggrin:

I may yet be doing the same- I intend to apply this time around and see where I get, but most likely I'll retake some modules and do music A level as a third year, maybe do my, flute diploma, grade 8 theory etc so I can do music at uni properly if I still want to by then :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
How was the wedding?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was nice, food and people... Some of my teachers came as well (well they were her teachers, but I've had them as well)

Didn't take my own pics thou
I may yet be doing the same- I intend to apply this time around and see where I get, but most likely I'll retake some modules and do music A level as a third year, maybe do my, flute diploma, grade 8 theory etc so I can do music at uni properly if I still want to by then :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

All the best :smile: I wish I could do music :tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
It was nice, food and people... Some of my teachers came as well (well they were her teachers, but I've had them as well)

Didn't take my own pics thou

I'm sure you'll see the official ones soon enough, anyway. And I love how food comes before the people :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sure you'll see the official ones soon enough, anyway. And I love how food comes before the people :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It actually didn't this time!

Aah, gonna be soooo weird without her :erm: now I literally can't stand any of my siblings... And my parents stress me out, might move away:moon::mmm:
All the best :smile: I wish I could do music :tongue:

Thank you, you too!

It actually didn't this time!

Aah, gonna be soooo weird without her :erm: now I literally can't stand any of my siblings... And my parents stress me out, might move away:moon::mmm:

This makes me feel glad that I only have one sister, even if we don't really get on at least it's someone to moan about my parents to! How many other siblings do you have then? Will you be able to see your sister frequently still? Not the same as every day, but makes it a bit better if you can...
Thank you, you too!

This makes me feel glad that I only have one sister, even if we don't really get on at least it's someone to moan about my parents to! How many other siblings do you have then? Will you be able to see your sister frequently still? Not the same as every day, but makes it a bit better if you can...

Yeah it is :redface: I have a bitch of a sister two years younger (she better start being nice now or I'll kill her) and little brother who's 7...

:nah: she'll be all the way in Leicester (I'm in Cardiff) :erm:
Original post by loua96
Hey, can you add me in? :tongue:

Geophysics/Earth Sciences
AS Subjects:
Physics (A), Maths (A), F. Maths (A), Geography (A), Chemistry and EPQ
A2 Subjects: Physics, Maths and Geography
University choices: Imperial, Oxford, Southampton, Liverpool, UEA (I think... :confused:)

Sure! :biggrin:

Original post by smile:D
Hey usy could you add me on the main course/alevel post. I'm completed AS levels in History,Geography, English Lit and French (4As) I'm going to apply for history at Cambridge, Durham, UCL, York and Warwick (I think :P)
Thanks!

Yup, done! :biggrin:

Original post by Helmet Diver
Hi, I'm a new member :smile: It's nice to see all these year 13's!

Chemical Engineering
AS Subjects: Biology (A), Chemistry (A), Maths (A), Physics (A), EPQ
A2 Subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Maths
University Choices: Bath, Leeds, Birmingham, Nottingham, Manchester

Welcome to :tsr:

Done :smile:

keromedic
x

I'll have a look through my emails in a second! :biggrin:
I'm excited that I'm finally starting year 13
However a bit apprehensive cuz although I'm going into Yr13 with Two As...I'm also taking one D :/ so I will need to retake one unit
Which completely ruined my grade :frown:
But still prepared for the challenge {I think :tongue:}

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Young Hot Stalin
Reading? What will you read?
Ah brilliant, I'm going abroad too! Where do you want to go?

A lot of stuff. As Robbie will attest, I know little about lots of things so that yr will be a good chance for me to build upon my general knowledge. I'm also going to try to learn a computer languae in it, do a few music compositions and extend my piano repetoire. If I do get through to do Medicine at Cambridge, I'm told that the first 3 years are really intese so I want to make the most out of the year :smile:
I'm not quite sure, I'll leave travel plans to next Summer :h:

Cool :smile: Are you really a girl? I wouldn't mind working part time in a piano factory or music shop. I get a pleasure climax each time I enter Dawson's Music shop in Manchester :biggrin:. Some languages? Are you adept at learning them, then?
Original post by usycool1

I'll have a look through my emails in a second! :biggrin:

Thanks cool one :h:
Original post by usycool1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

Oh and can you add me please
AS subjects: Biology, Psychology, Sociology and English Lit+ Lang
A2: Bio, psychology and sociology
Uni course: Diagnostic Radiography
And I plan on applying to
Exeter, Leeds [maybe], City, St George and Birmingham/London Southbank
Still unsure :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 754
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Dropping Further Maths? :redface:

Uhuh. As much as I love Maths (and I really do love Maths!), I had to drop it. I would have continued with all four but I'm picking up AS Chem and doing an EPQ.. it was out of Geography and FM really :redface:

usycool1

Thank you! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Yeah it is :redface: I have a bitch of a sister two years younger (she better start being nice now or I'll kill her) and little brother who's 7...

:nah: she'll be all the way in Leicester (I'm in Cardiff) :erm:

At least that's not too many then, even if they are a pain :tongue: But Leicester is quite a way, I see your problem there :s-smilie:
At least that's not too many then, even if they are a pain :tongue: But Leicester is quite a way, I see your problem there :s-smilie:

:ahee:

Yeah, it is... I'm hoping to pass my driving test within the year though. So I can drive away when I get stressed...

I think if she can't transfer her degree she's going to come back to Cardiff next year to finish off her degree. Then post graduate wherever they move to...
Original post by loua96
Uhuh. As much as I love Maths (and I really do love Maths!), I had to drop it. I would have continued with all four but I'm picking up AS Chem and doing an EPQ.. it was out of Geography and FM really :redface:

Thank you! :biggrin:

You said before that you was going to drop Geography did you not? :tongue:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
You said before that you was going to drop Geography did you not? :tongue:

Why do you always say "you was"?:redface:

I've seen it a few times :lol:
:ahee:

Yeah, it is... I'm hoping to pass my driving test within the year though. So I can drive away when I get stressed...

I think if she can't transfer her degree she's going to come back to Cardiff next year to finish off her degree. Then post graduate wherever they move to...

Ooh, that reminds me of something else I was meant to be doing this evening- booking driving lessons. Stupid personal statement, distracting me.

Latest