The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2013 - Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
If you meet all of the subject requirements, then yep. Do whatever you want!

Yipee!! I wish I didn't stay on to 6th year now. :frown:
Original post by kurt123
Yipee!! I wish I didn't stay on to 6th year now. :frown:

Well remember that just because you meet the minimum entry requirements doesn't mean you'll get an offer. Staying on until 6th year gives you an opportunity to exceed the requirements, giving you a better chance, and to get some valuable stuff like work experience. :smile:
Reply 1702
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Well remember that just because you meet the minimum entry requirements doesn't mean you'll get an offer. Staying on until 6th year gives you an opportunity to exceed the requirements, giving you a better chance, and to get some valuable stuff like work experience. :smile:

Yeah, I realise that. I just hope I don't blow this year! :redface:
Do you's have a big sixth year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Slightly bigger around 130, biggest s6 in years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by weejackie10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Erm, around 35 people I think, so not that large.
Bout 150 people all the people with low numbers must go to a private school :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone on hear at a private school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone on hear at a private school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I am
What is the final date for sending off appeals? I haven't got my Admin one sorted :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by johnmuir
What is the final date for sending off appeals? I haven't got my Admin one sorted :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tuesday I think.. you might wanna rush about tomorrow! If your school thinks you have a chance they may have already sorted it for you though! :smile:
Does the school send of the appeal regardless of your concent?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does the school send of the appeal regardless of your concent?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It can definitely happen - I was never aware that my school had sent an appeal off for me until my teacher told me the outcome a couple of months later! However, this doesn't happen in all cases and I think it does perhaps depend on your school to some extent.
See if you fail an exam which you were predicted at an A/B/C are you automatically eligible for an appeal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My results ended up as 5A Band 1's, which I am delighted about, was expecting one B, though it was immaterial to my place at Uni anyway (5th year entry.
I am happier about the fact that I got my raw marks for 2 subjects (politics and modern studies today). Achieved 100% in my politics, and 93% in modern studies. Can't see the rest of my results being so high (particularly english).
Really ecstatic about politics, especially considering I could not move my arm half way through!

Posted from TSR Mobile

There was about 65/70 of us so we're middle of the road :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
See if you fail an exam which you were predicted at an A/B/C are you automatically eligible for an appeal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep!
Original post by Demented Guy
My results ended up as 5A Band 1's, which I am delighted about, was expecting one B, though it was immaterial to my place at Uni anyway (5th year entry.
I am happier about the fact that I got my raw marks for 2 subjects (politics and modern studies today). Achieved 100% in my politics, and 93% in modern studies. Can't see the rest of my results being so high (particularly english).
Really ecstatic about politics, especially considering I could not move my arm half way through!

Congratulations, clever clogs! :biggrin:
What are you off to study and where??
Original post by ladymarshmallow
Congratulations, clever clogs! :biggrin:
What are you off to study and where??

Philosophy and (hopefully) Modern History at the University of St Andrews.
I am personally wondering if I would get a letter from the SQA, but nothing has come thus far.

Are you still considering St Andrews as first choice, or are you going to try for Oxbridge?
Original post by Demented Guy
Philosophy and (hopefully) Modern History at the University of St Andrews.
I am personally wondering if I would get a letter from the SQA, but nothing has come thus far.

Are you still considering St Andrews as first choice, or are you going to try for Oxbridge?

Ah, that sounds like such an interesting and challenging course. I think I shall also apply for Modern History, along with Russian at St Andrews, and am currently considering applying to UCL, Glasgow, and Edinburgh as well. As for my 5th choice, I'm deliberating whether I should apply for the same at Durham, or straight history or MML (German and Russian) at Cambridge. So I'm still undecided! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending