The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Whos registered?

Scroll to see replies

Aww things will soon fall into place. Youve just got to get involved in as much as you can and enjoy yourself. You wont regret going to uni, I loved my first degree and made some lifelong friends, my only regret was not finishing it...hence the returning now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
Hi,

I realise I'm late to the party but I have registered and got all my modules sorted. Everyone on my course had to ring to get them confirmed though as the compulsory modules clashed.

Lol.
Reply 22
Hi, is it a joint or a single course? But weird if its a single and all the modules overlaps. You'd think they would sort that lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by eradclyffe
Hi, I'm doing a joint degree too. Psychology and education studies. Sorting out welcome week was a nightmare - I've got this scribbled on timetable that I'm trying to make sense of!

I think I somehow messed up choosing my modules. Apparently I'm only doing 2 from education - it won't let me go back into the selection thing. I've contacted the university, hoping to get it sorted out soon.

Anyone else had this problem?

Hi, I'm doing Ed studies too along with Sociology, but I've only picked one education module along with the compulsory one. I'm just having trouble picking my sociology ones as the one I want supposedly won't allow me to do another module which isn't even offered :/ I'm going to call tomorrow to try and sort it all x
Reply 24
Hi guys! I've registered for my history course and also got so confused with the whole process, then the two main history modules I wanted to do clashed so I've ended up picking one I'm not to sure of :frown: Then I got confused with how many I had to pick and turns out my mandatory module of 'how to do history' isn't in the module selection so I also got confused with my credit amount! Think I've done it right now though.
Reply 25
I thought the mandatory ones where at the top then the boxes where for the optional ones. I wonder if you can swap module classes if you don't like a class.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Emzalina
I thought the mandatory ones where at the top then the boxes where for the optional ones. I wonder if you can swap module classes if you don't like a class.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The top ones on mine were mandatory but i had a choice out of 3 and had to pick two and then I had another to pick out of a few others for the whole year too and a forth to pick for a certain semester. I don't know if its different for everyone's courses. I looked online and I have to to 'what is history' as well but that gets selected for all history students with no choice. I think you can swap them if you don't like them as long as the times don't clash with your other modules.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 27
The two ones at the top on mine were for the whole year and 2 for one semester (I think) then I had to choose three more. But for 2 I didn't have any choice but to choose what was there. (There was only 2 modules in a box that said pick two)
I expect if a lot of people have problems and are as confused as I keep hearing, it will be sorted in the inductions to the classes and the welcome weekend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't find anyone doing my course OR in my halls. I'm doing English Literary studies and Journalism. Living in Ankerdine halls on St Johns. Anyone anything similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
I haven't found anyone on my course either. So close! But I'm doing English language and creative and professional writing. I think I'm doing one module of journalism. Feature writing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah right. I haven't chosen my modules yet as my laptop just got sent off to be fixed aha. Ill let you know when I've picked. Where are you living?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
I'm in Housman and have found maybe one person in my flat. It's a little annoying because I want to meet people before I go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well you've found more than me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Haha remember I said maybe. But I know someone who's in the building opposite me so I'm not completely on my own.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
I'm in AE Housman too, what flat are you in? :smile:
Reply 35
Aha well good luck :P if you see any Ankerdine let me know. I can't find anyone :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by Chloe5
Hi guys! I've registered for my history course and also got so confused with the whole process, then the two main history modules I wanted to do clashed so I've ended up picking one I'm not to sure of :frown: Then I got confused with how many I had to pick and turns out my mandatory module of 'how to do history' isn't in the module selection so I also got confused with my credit amount! Think I've done it right now though.

Im doing history aswell. Also got confused when picking modules. My credits don't add up too 120, but it does with how to do history so im guessing they add that on themselves? If not then I ve done it wrong but it kept saying you ve chosen too many modules. Annoying.

Message me if you figure it all out.
Reply 38
Original post by Sophie-Helen
I can't find anyone doing my course OR in my halls. I'm doing English Literary studies and Journalism. Living in Ankerdine halls on St Johns. Anyone anything similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heyy :smile: ... I'm studying English Literary studies :smile: Have posted a few times on other threads but couldn't find anyone else who was :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by BrummyJ
Im doing history aswell. Also got confused when picking modules. My credits don't add up too 120, but it does with how to do history so im guessing they add that on themselves? If not then I ve done it wrong but it kept saying you ve chosen too many modules. Annoying.

Message me if you figure it all out.

Hi there, don't worry mines exactly the same but the how to do history is worth 15 which brings it to 120 :smile: what modules have you chosen to do? Oh and I'm guessing by your username that your from birmingham? Because if you are I am too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending