The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furryface12
Ooh, that reminds me of something else I was meant to be doing this evening- booking driving lessons. Stupid personal statement, distracting me.

I can't wait to drive, it'll be such a release
Original post by justanotherindigo
:hello: How are you? :smile:

Great thanks! :smile: you?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Why do you always say "you was"?:redface:

I've seen it a few times :lol:

Meh, I'm not bothered much by grammar on the internet.
Big brother final stressing me out :frown: I will punch a wall of Sam wins :angry:
:ahee:

Yeah, it is... I'm hoping to pass my driving test within the year though. So I can drive away when I get stressed...

I think if she can't transfer her degree she's going to come back to Cardiff next year to finish off her degree. Then post graduate wherever they move to...

I'm taking a leaf from your book and I'm going to try and get timetabled so I end up with 5A2s next year. If there's a problem, I'll try to make a compromise but I'm not prepared to self-teach anything as it'll take a lot of time.
I can't wait to drive, it'll be such a release

I'll be unlikely to have a car I can drive even when I've learnt, but at least it means I can get to places without having 20 minute walks then relying on buses that come every two hours and I keep missing :colondollar: How long is it until you turn 17? I have been for eight months but just haven't got round to finding a teacher...
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Big brother final stressing me out :frown: I will punch a wall of Sam wins :angry:

What a guilty pleasure.. :P
If "Big Brother" and that "get me out of here" are legal, are psychologists/sociologists able to rig "lord of the flies"-type situations for studies?

Me too! I've always loved Dexter, he's been a great housemate :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dimples_ND
Oh and can you add me please
AS subjects: Biology, Psychology, Sociology and English Lit+ Lang
A2: Bio, psychology and sociology
Uni course: Diagnostic Radiography
And I plan on applying to
Exeter, Leeds [maybe], City, St George and Birmingham/London Southbank
Still unsure :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, added! :smile:
Reply 769

I think he will win. It's always the quiet ones :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by keromedic
If "Big Brother" and that "get me out of here" are legal, are psychologists/sociologists able to rig "lord of the flies"-type situations for studies?

haha that could make a great EPQ :colone:
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

My mind flashed to the Serial Killer, there :tongue:
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

He was really great, and stood tall even with all the bullying aimed at him. He definitely deserves to win, ans I sincerely hope he does

Haha I watch a lot of reality shows. I watch made in Chelsea, I'm a celebrity.. etc.. I just love it all :tongue:

I've never watched lord of the rings so I wouldn't actually know what you're referring to :colondollar:
Original post by Ndella
I think he will win. It's always the quiet ones :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really don't want him to. Last years winner annoyed me and he was the guy who played the victim throughout the entire show. Sam this year has been the bully, hate him so much
Reply 773
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
You said before that you was going to drop Geography did you not? :tongue:

Yup. I also said before that I was going to do Civil Engineering :lol: But work experience in a firm bored me to tears, so I decided to change courses.. and change the subject I want to drop :tongue:

Haha I watch a lot of reality shows. I watch made in Chelsea, I'm a celebrity.. etc.. I just love it all :tongue:

I've never watched lord of the rings so I wouldn't actually know what you're referring to :colondollar:

"Lord of the Flies", not "Lord of the Rings". The former, written by William Golding, tells the tale of pubescent boys who are stuck on an island, following a plan crash. It covers their attempt at survival, moral dilemmas and descent into savagery with the absence of law.
On the other hand, "Lord of the Rings" is a fantasy Trilogy by J.R Tolken. I've not read them so I can't tell you much :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
"Lord of the Flies", not "Lord of the Rings". The former, written by William Golding, tells the tale of pubescent boys who are stuck on an island, following a plan crash. It tells the tale of their survival, moral dilemmas and descent into savagery with the absence of law.
On the other hand, "Lord of the Rings" is a fantasy Trilogy by J.R Tolken. I've not read them so I can't tell you much :frown:

Oh right, misread that :colondollar: I've actually read lord of the flies (for English lit last year)

I highly doubt a lord of the flies situation would ever be authorised by/for psychologists. Just too many ethical issues involved, it wouldn't even be considered at all! Plus practical issues, nah, never is my answer :tongue:
Oh right, misread that :colondollar: I've actually read lord of the flies (for English lit last year)

I highly doubt a lord of the flies situation would ever be authorised by/for psychologists. Just too many ethical issues involved, it wouldn't even be considered at all! Plus practical issues, nah, never is my answer :tongue:

It's fine. I also read "Lord of the Flies" :h:. Did you like it?
My mind flashed to the Serial Killer, there :tongue:

Haha yeah! :tongue:
He was really great, and stood tall even with all the bullying aimed at him. He definitely deserves to win, ans I sincerely hope he does

Exactly! I feel sorry for the guy! As do I, I voted for him :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's fine. I also read "Lord of the Flies" :h:. Did you like it?

I really liked the book :yep: although I don't read a lot of books. How about you?
Original post by Lucy96

Exactly! I feel sorry for the guy! As do I, I voted for him :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope it wasn't a wasted vote :smile:

The only time I've ever voted on any show was on X-factor a few years back. I voted to save Janet Devlin, Misha B and little mix, but guess who's list had 2 people in the bottom 3, which one of them getting sent home. :unimpressed: never again :lol:
How important are open days, guys? I can't get on the Bristol one because it's full. Is it bad to apply blind?