The Student Room Group

F581/ F582 Economics June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
I asked my school for a photocopy today as the deadline is this friday , I just HOPE that the person who deals with the script viewing sees my email otherwise im screwed. I got 55/100 which is poor seeing as i got 78/100 in unit 1 jan econ. I dont know what happened. I will be taking it to A2 so i might just retake it, as A2 Macro will help AS macro.
I just want to see how the examinar has marked my paper. I didnt like the last question on exchange rates, but i didnt think it was that bad. BTW i got AABC that C in econ killed it :frown:
Original post by popo
I asked my school for a photocopy today as the deadline is this friday , I just HOPE that the person who deals with the script viewing sees my email otherwise im screwed. I got 55/100 which is poor seeing as i got 78/100 in unit 1 jan econ. I dont know what happened. I will be taking it to A2 so i might just retake it, as A2 Macro will help AS macro.
I just want to see how the examinar has marked my paper. I didnt like the last question on exchange rates, but i didnt think it was that bad. BTW i got AABC that C in econ killed it :frown:

i'm sure they will , you've sent it in good time and if worst comes to worst just ring up the school and ask :smile:

yeah that last question on exchange rates was ATROCIOUS , it was definitely the hardest one they've set ( apart from maybe jan 2013 ) which really confuses me as to why the boundary for an A was the HIGHEST it has ever been ! :confused::confused::confused:

AABC is still really good mate :smile:
Original post by Fas
i dunno what the **** OCR does , this paper i thought i'd ****ed up , then the high grade boundaries the day before sent me into a mass panic , turned out i'd got 94 UMS !

however Micro , 44/60 for an A , thought i;d got atleast 90 UMS on it was confident for that one on results day - a C -_-

**** you OCR. just **** you.

Exact same situation with me in F582, however, I achieved 74 UMS in F581 which equates to a low A overall. I'm going to ask for a photocopy of my F581 script and then see if it's worth a remark or not.
Original post by Fas
ye gonna say cos i was reading through this thread earlier today ( i got THAT bored ) and you and me wrote some pretty similiar stuff for the essay and i HAD to have done quite well on that , otherwise i would never have got 94/100 ! the essay is really subjective though , i assume you got one harsh examiner so maybe on the remark you get a nice one haha :smile:

Exactly, we wrote quite similar things - surely after all the revision we did it couldn't be wrong (subjective examinations suck). Hmm that fills me with some hope at least! yeah better luck in the remark hopefully :smile:
Original post by Kenny Loftun
Exact same situation with me in F582, however, I achieved 74 UMS in F581 which equates to a low A overall. I'm going to ask for a photocopy of my F581 script and then see if it's worth a remark or not.

Likewise , i sent off my request for my F581 script return this morning :smile:
Original post by Robbie242
Exactly, we wrote quite similar things - surely after all the revision we did it couldn't be wrong (subjective examinations suck). Hmm that fills me with some hope at least! yeah better luck in the remark hopefully :smile:

dunno what could have gone wrong , although one mistake ( which i fear never happens to me although i suspect it happened in f581 ) is the examiner couldn't read what i wrote -_-

although i am struggling to believe that , if i can get full UMS in a History exam then surely an economics exam can be read well enough ?! :tongue:
I scraped an A in F582 with 80 and got 86 in F581, couldn't believe my luck! :tongue:
Original post by CTArsenal
I scraped an A in F582 with 80 and got 86 in F581, couldn't believe my luck! :tongue:

well done ! you destroyed me on the F581 haha :smile:
Original post by Fas
dunno what could have gone wrong , although one mistake ( which i fear never happens to me although i suspect it happened in f581 ) is the examiner couldn't read what i wrote -_-

although i am struggling to believe that , if i can get full UMS in a History exam then surely an economics exam can be read well enough ?! :tongue:

Same here - (I use notepad) and sometimes it gets so clustered that it becomes hard to read.

haha exactly - I just wish my history and econ grade switched then I would be in the safe 90+ crew
Reply 1089
Original post by Fas
i'm sure they will , you've sent it in good time and if worst comes to worst just ring up the school and ask :smile:

yeah that last question on exchange rates was ATROCIOUS , it was definitely the hardest one they've set ( apart from maybe jan 2013 ) which really confuses me as to why the boundary for an A was the HIGHEST it has ever been ! :confused::confused::confused:

AABC is still really good mate :smile:

Thanks man :smile: Might take further maths AS next year if possible, and apply for a maths degree
Reply 1090
Original post by CTArsenal

Original post by Fas
well done ! you destroyed me on the F581 haha :smile:

Hi,
Do any of you happen to have an A grade essay/A grade answers I can have a look at. I'm just not sure what is considered an A grade answer.
Original post by Nerd2
Hi,
Do any of you happen to have an A grade essay/A grade answers I can have a look at. I'm just not sure what is considered an A grade answer.

I posted one on the first page but here

Page 1 - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=207871&d=1364079197

Page 2 - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=207872&d=1364079426

I was awarded 18/18 for this essay in January
Reply 1092

Thank you, I can already see that your wording is a lot better and clearer than mine, that is something I need to work on.
Reply 1093

Btw, do you have any general exam tips or maybe some extra reading I should look at?
Thanks
Original post by Nerd2
Btw, do you have any general exam tips or maybe some extra reading I should look at?
Thanks

If possible get your essays marked by your teacher (or even TSR) because that certainly helped in the feedback process.

Also try to make sure your constantly referring back to the questions, don't put a diagram in unless your going to explain what it shows, look at the markschemes to see where evaluation marks are picked up.

Other stuff is just revision basically, remembering stuff and writing it in an orderly fashion - I didn't do any extra reading but I'm finding 23 things you didn't know about capaitalism quite an interesting read - it refers to quite a lot of macro topics yet at the same time gives you an insight on the social and economic choices made by individuals every day and their actual effect.

Thanks btw :tongue: I'm not sure what my F582 essay got
Reply 1095
When you get a photocopy of your script does it show you where the marks are awarded and stuff
Original post by popo
When you get a photocopy of your script does it show you where the marks are awarded and stuff

yes (indicated by a tick or a C usually)
yes (indicated by a tick or a C usually)

how long did your photocopy in january take to return ?
Original post by Fas
how long did your photocopy in january take to return ?

can't remember but I think it was a week or 2
can't remember but I think it was a week or 2

cool , hopefully should see it soon then :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending