The Student Room Group

80 Year old Sikh man attacked by teenage girl

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dripsterdave
Muslims must know the concept well, letting people off from death for them to live a less than complete life. Punishment short of death like the asidattacks like those 2 british girls in Zanzibar.

He's a Sikh - not Muslim.
Original post by TobyLarone
Funny how the media labels this a hate crime purely because the girl is white and the victim was Asian. They don't label it a hate crime when white pensioners are attacked? They should just treat all crimes against another race as a hate crime, that way we wont be the victims of the hate crime bias.No doubt she'll do more time than an Asian who murders a white pensioner.

True - the headline doesn't necessarily need "Sikh" in it. However I'd say it probably is racially motivated.
Reply 62
Original post by That Bearded Man
True - the headline doesn't necessarily need "Sikh" in it. However I'd say it probably is racially motivated.
This crime shouldn't get anymore punishment than any other attack on a pensioner, but it will because of pressure groups from the Sikh and Asian community.
Reply 63
Jimmy status = Rustled.

Hopefully she gets locked up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
:rofl: misc has some real funny gifs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TobyLarone
This crime shouldn't get anymore punishment than any other attack on a pensioner, but it will because of pressure groups from the Sikh and Asian community.

You're right - it shouldn't. Doesn't the UK have a hate crime law which could argue that if they let white British pensioners past and only attacked him then it's a hate crime?

I agree with you, but you could argue if my point is correct - that's a hate crime - so would receive a harsher sentence. I don't know what's required to prove it but surely what I've suggested is valid.

To rephrase then - if they let other white British pensioners past and attacked the first non-White British pensioner -
A) Should they receive a harsher sentence?
B) Is this a hate crime?
You're right - it shouldn't. Doesn't the UK have a hate crime law which could argue that if they let white British pensioners past and only attacked him then it's a hate crime?

I agree with you, but you could argue if my point is correct - that's a hate crime - so would receive a harsher sentence. I don't know what's required to prove it but surely what I've suggested is valid.

To rephrase then - if they let other white British pensioners past and attacked the first non-White British pensioner -
A) Should they receive a harsher sentence?
B) Is this a hate crime?

Hate crimes are just one of many things governments use to clamp down on freedom of speech.
Reply 67
So what actually happened? what was her motive for attacking him? after knocking the man down she said he touched her breasts. It's fair to say if he hadn't touched her none of this would have happened.I guess none of this matters in our multicultural society where white is guilty and being of colour means you're a victim.
Original post by CaptainNemo
This country is going down the drain..and fast :frown:

Maybe if 1 person had stepped in others may have helped, Britain used to be known for its courage, now we just behave like sheep :afraid:

The Orwellian infrastructure in our society means that "have a go heroes" are treated punitively.
Reply 69
If I was that man I would put her in a strangle until she tapped out, she wanted a fight and I would have gave it her. Seriously, why did she attack?! I'm Sikh, and I think people like this should be educated on different religions and how to respect them. The fact that he was 80 and on his own as well wtf, they are obviously too scared to pick on someone there own age/strength. Knocking off his turban is serious disrespect, Sikhs wear it as a symbol of their religion not to make people think they are bombers...:mad:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 70
She should be locked up in a cage, spitting is just not right.

I can bet that if any male helped that dude, she would accuse them of rape. Unfortunately in this country, being a good Samaritan can have a backlash for anyone.
People too busy gawping and recording on their video phones.
Reply 72
Original post by a123a
If I was that man I would put her in a strangle until she tapped out, she wanted a fight and I would have gave it her. Seriously, why did she attack?! I'm Sikh, and I think people like this should be educated on different religions and how to respect them. The fact that he was 80 and on his own as well wtf, they are obviously too scared to pick on someone there own age/strength. Knocking off his turban is serious disrespect, Sikhs wear it as a symbol of their religion not to make people think they are bombers...:mad:

If you were that man she would easily over power you. She doesn't need to 'respect religions' she just should have left him alone.
Reply 73
Original post by meenu89
If you were that man she would easily over power you. She doesn't need to 'respect religions' she just should have left him alone.

Ermm no she wouldn't (over power me), one of the key aspects of martial arts is using you're opponent strength against them, and using self defence in such a way that she cannot inflict pain. She will obviously be faster and more agile but she would not be able over power someone with years of experience in martial arts 'easily'; that is if I was him. I said she 'should' (not need) respect religions, why wouldn't you want her to do that anyway?
Btw I've seen the video and she was kind of slow in her attacks,
Reply 74
Take it from me as someone with a little experience, a123a is right.

The man, however old he is, was clearly holding back (most likely because he was threatened at one point in the video when approached by those guys). She is obviously an inexperienced and untrained fighter. The kicks she lands are very weak indeed. Girls her age who train in MMA can kick like mules. She is nothing. He controls the distance well and clearly anticipates and sees a couple of her inept attacks, rolling one of them to the side and staying in control of her other hand. He could have knocked her silly had not the male thug stepped up to him at that exact point. Although I VERY much doubt he was angry enough...

When lying on the ground he tries to make the problem go away by talking a lot and trying to reason. He actually had no reason to stay on the ground if he was in fighting rather than appeasement mode.

By the way, all the talk of arrogant youthful superiority is bull****. There are plenty of Sikh martial arts groups around Coventry if anyone wants to replicate this performance or try out a theory. I actually don't like Sikhs, but that's because of their religion and made-up history not because they're bad. They don't deserve to be treated like the man in the video. Britain needs to stop both the exaggerated respect for Sikhs ('my granddad saw a Sikh take on a whole SS troop in Germany with just a knife, and win!') and the ZERO respect for Sikhs (e.g. spitting in this old man's face) modes of behaviour. They're just ordinary people like everyone else. Make trouble for them and trouble will follow you. That's not a threat just a fact.
Reply 75
all their faces are quite well visible in the video, now its gone viral, both the girl and her males 'gang' friends. in a big city like coventry, my guess is someone will spot them and sort them out.
Reply 76
He's a Sikh - not Muslim.

Sikhs do seem to get the raw end of the stick in the west, a lot of ignorant people mistake them for muslims or think they are some sort of muslim sect, beucase of turbans etc when they are nothing like that. there was an white nutte in usa last year that shot Sikhs in a temple because he thought they had something to do with islam.
Reply 77
Original post by Picaa
Take it from me as someone with a little experience, a123a is right.

The man, however old he is, was clearly holding back (most likely because he was threatened at one point in the video when approached by those guys). She is obviously an inexperienced and untrained fighter. The kicks she lands are very weak indeed. Girls her age who train in MMA can kick like mules. She is nothing. He controls the distance well and clearly anticipates and sees a couple of her inept attacks, rolling one of them to the side and staying in control of her other hand. He could have knocked her silly had not the male thug stepped up to him at that exact point. Although I VERY much doubt he was angry enough...

When lying on the ground he tries to make the problem go away by talking a lot and trying to reason. He actually had no reason to stay on the ground if he was in fighting rather than appeasement mode.

By the way, all the talk of arrogant youthful superiority is bull****. There are plenty of Sikh martial arts groups around Coventry if anyone wants to replicate this performance or try out a theory. I actually don't like Sikhs, but that's because of their religion and made-up history not because they're bad. They don't deserve to be treated like the man in the video. Britain needs to stop both the exaggerated respect for Sikhs ('my granddad saw a Sikh take on a whole SS troop in Germany with just a knife, and win!') and the ZERO respect for Sikhs (e.g. spitting in this old man's face) modes of behaviour. They're just ordinary people like everyone else. Make trouble for them and trouble will follow you. That's not a threat just a fact.

Thank you about the fight topic, but I'm kind of annoyed how you say 'made-up history' :confused:. What do you thinks 'made-up' in Sikhism. I'm sure there were a lot of civil wars in India during the time the Mughals were dominating Hindustan. They were a resistance, commonly know for using guerrilla warfare tactics.
I've never came across people who exaggerate respect for Sikhism. :confused:
http://www.ibtimes.com/not-my-backyard-sikhs-northern-england-protest-presence-halal-meat-plant-next-gurdwara-1394397Not In My Backyard: Sikhs In Northern England Protest Presence Of Halal Meat Plant Next To Gurdwara
Reply 79
Original post by wongaman
Sikhs do seem to get the raw end of the stick in the west, a lot of ignorant people mistake them for muslims or think they are some sort of muslim sect, beucase of turbans etc when they are nothing like that. there was an white nutte in usa last year that shot Sikhs in a temple because he thought they had something to do with islam.

The day after 9/11 a Sikh man was shot dead in America because it was thought he was a Muslim.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending