The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5300
Original post by taye_kelani
What time can you guys go to pick up your results? Like what time does your school open for collection??? Mine's 10:00am!

Posted from TSR Mobile

mine's 10am aswell i believe, i would have wished for an earlier time
Reply 5301
Original post by cmorga1
What time are edexcel grade boundaries released to students online?

released tomorrow but i'm not sure of any set time
Original post by pathosL
released tomorrow but i'm not sure of any set time

Usually it's at 00:01 however they rarely ever keep to this so it should likely be out by 8am.
Gcse's are crucial
Original post by dopeyboi
i dont think the results get sent out in physical form. that'd be too risky. easy for things to be late, or get lost etc. What i believe happens is that at some point on wednesday, the exams officer is able to access the results online. So your school prints the results out and puts them in envelopes. This also explains why the results for different schools are given in different formats. At least i think this is what happens. If i'm wrong can someone correct me?

That actually sounds right. If they got lost in the post there'd be an outcry!
Original post by taye_kelani
What time can you guys go to pick up your results? Like what time does your school open for collection??? Mine's 10:00am!

Posted from TSR Mobile

mine's 9:30am! :tongue: at least it's early so I can get it over with
what do poeple want to do at uni??????????????????????????????????????
Hey, I'm in yr 10 and did the core science module 3 exam for ocr 21 st century science from 2011. I was wondering if anyone else found that so hard! I did teh first two modules in January where I got a b for teh first one as I ran out of time and an a* on teh second so I'm hoping for a pass! But yeh anyone???????
Original post by king cobra

I wanna go to ucl and do maths and modern foreign languages! Not entirely sure on career but that what I enjoy xx

Biomedicine :biggrin:
Original post by aLittleBookWorm
I sat WJEC and we did all our English exams at the end of this year - it was the one that wasn't poetry that I'm worrying about :smile:

I'm hoping for a good result at the bottom of the list with Welsh!

Same here all my school did WJEC except for science which was AQA.
I know I already have a B in welsh without sitting the exam( I had full marks last year on foundation so the school
most people in this year for higher)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just think, in 48 hours time our academic futures will have been determined.
Reply 5312
Original post by snikutsmullac
Just think, in 48 hours time our academic futures will have been determined.

Thank you. That makes me feel a lot, lot better. *forced smile*

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to do midwifery! :smile:
Original post by Lucky260
Thank you. That makes me feel a lot, lot better. *forced smile*

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's the same for all of us D:
Reply 5315
Original post by snikutsmullac
It's the same for all of us D:

I'm debating whether it's worth looking at the grade boundaries tomorrow. I don't want to break down before I've got my results but I don't want false hope either. :C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucky260
I'm debating whether it's worth looking at the grade boundaries tomorrow. I don't want to break down before I've got my results but I don't want false hope either. :C

Posted from TSR Mobile

What difference does it make? The grade boundaries represent how well students as a whole have done. They've obviously been worked out to account for all students, you included, so it doesn't really matter how high or low they are. All it tells you is how well or badly everyone has done, you'll still come out with the same grade overall.

Well I would love to take a physics or maths course at Imperial College London. :biggrin:
Reply 5318
Original post by Dalek1099
I am not too sure about this hypothesis because AQA seemed to mark the June 12 Unit 1 papers more slackly than the January 2012 Unit 1 papers.For example 1% of people got an A* in B1 in January but 10% got an A* in B1 in June, which seems fishy and the BBC did an article on it-http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-19599279.So I would expect the marking to be harsher because its the first sitting.

If Im not mistaken, the unit 1 papers were first sat in Jun 2012 along with the unit 2 exams
Original post by Icesk8ing97
I wanna go to ucl and do maths and modern foreign languages! Not entirely sure on career but that what I enjoy xx

I'm the same! (not intent on UCL though)

Latest