The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Robbie242
nope haha is there a service where you give your PS in to be checked?

:lol:

The PS help service. You better get in soon before the waiting time gets really long
Reply 861
Original post by mynameisntbobk
:lol:

The PS help service. You better get in soon before the waiting time gets really long

link me to it :tongue:?

never heard of it - also they can't copy my info can they and misuse it?
Ahah oh dear :tongue:

That would make sense but the straight physicians will be confused - perhaps you could talk about the Riemann hypothesis and that brings together music and maths and physics xP

On the bright side of things, my personal statement is exactly 4000 characters on UCAS - no characters wasted :teeth:

Wow, is it your final version? :biggrin:
Starting a PS is like starting an essay - the introduction is the most difficult part but then it should go smoothly. :tongue: (I haven't startey yet though.)
Reply 863
Original post by purplemind
Wow, is it your final version? :biggrin:
Starting a PS is like starting an essay - the introduction is the most difficult part but then it should go smoothly. :tongue: (I haven't startey yet though.)

Pretty sure it is :biggrin:

Exactly - my intro was the hardest, honestly my mum had to help me with parts of it but I made the majority of the intro, and then the rest of the PS :smile:

Trying to big up my application after poor UMS scores for Cambridge
Pretty sure it is :biggrin:

Exactly - my intro was the hardest, honestly my mum had to help me with parts of it but I made the majority of the intro, and then the rest of the PS :smile:

Trying to big up my application after poor UMS scores for Cambridge

I don't want my introduction to sound like 'I'm writing this just because you made me do it'. :tongue: But well, I have to write something before September so that my tutor and head of sixth form can read my PS and help me improve it. :smile:
I don't think I can get too much help at home, in Poland, when applying to university, you aren't expected to write PS (you just fill an application form, you don't have to justify why you want to choose a particular course.)
But your UMS scores aren't poor.
Do you think they will care much that I got 88% in Chemistry (just a bad day...) if it's not very relevant for an Economics course?
Reply 865
I don't want my introduction to sound like 'I'm writing this just because you made me do it'. :tongue: But well, I have to write something before September so that my tutor and head of sixth form can read my PS and help me improve it. :smile:
I don't think I can get too much help at home, in Poland, when applying to university, you aren't expected to write PS (you just fill an application form, you don't have to justify why you want to choose a particular course.)
But your UMS scores aren't poor.
Do you think they will care much that I got 88% in Chemistry (just a bad day...) if it's not very relevant for an Economics course?

Haha true! It's gonna be from the heart (god that sounded cheesy). Yeah my school starts doing it in September as well. After my ASs though I'm making it clear I'm applying to Cambridge to my school (they still don't seem to know...)
Oh haha more simpler but there's more loopholes I suppose :tongue:
I'm kinda on both sides - I really like my Maths average, I kinda don't like my FM average and I hate my econ average.
I doubt they would - this is want I'm banking on as well, they take my economics scores as quite irrelevant to my course and hopefully I still secure an interview.
Haha true! It's gonna be from the heart (god that sounded cheesy). Yeah my school starts doing it in September as well. After my ASs though I'm making it clear I'm applying to Cambridge to my school (they still don't seem to know...)
Oh haha more simpler but there's more loopholes I suppose :tongue:
I'm kinda on both sides - I really like my Maths average, I kinda don't like my FM average and I hate my econ average.
I doubt they would - this is want I'm banking on as well, they take my economics scores as quite irrelevant to my course and hopefully I still secure an interview.

My Biology and Chemistry teachers, when I said I want to apply to Cambridge/LSE for an Economics course, were like 'Oh, you are doing 2 sciences, I thought you would like to apply for NatSci/Medicine/something related to science'. Then I told my Biology teacher that I'm dropping Biology next year - expression on her face was priceless. :biggrin:
What's your Maths and FM average? :smile:
Sometimes I heard 'in 3 best or most relevant subjects' and sometimes I reard 'across all'.
link me to it :tongue:?

never heard of it - also they can't copy my info can they and misuse it?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Personal_Statement_Help%20 sorry I'm so late, literally can't find my way around the website :lol:

Nope, they're all either current uni students or grads, so they wouldn't need to copy it or use it
Oh haha I remember when mine was 5500 then I had the ultimate cut-down :tongue:. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is to write for 2 separate courses - especially two as diverse as Physics and Music. I think in order for this to be successful you do need to make some connections but even then physics tutors will become confused that you started writing about Beethoven or something haha

The problem is, I think I'd have too much to write about even if I was just doing it for one! I also just realised I said nothing about any of my AS subjects except for physics... more characters here I come :rolleyes:
Reply 869
Original post by SyedaK
I had a spanish family live in my house for a while. The children had really nice tan. I'd love to go spain. Hahah Britain has funny weather. It'll be sunny in the morning and then suddenly rain. Messes up your day.:frown:

Well, you're officialy invited! :smile: but I'm completely pale
Hi guys - first post in this thread. I'm applying to study Classics at Exeter, Durham, King's, Oxford and UCL. Enjoying all the personal statement posts, because I've finished mine. :smile: Lot of hard work during July, but worth it now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 871
Original post by Darth_Newdar
Hi guys - first post in this thread. I'm applying to study Classics at Exeter, Durham, King's, Oxford and UCL. Enjoying all the personal statement posts, because I've finished mine. :smile: Lot of hard work during July, but worth it now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey!!! Welcome to TSR, that is super organised!!! How is preparation going for the classics admissions test?? I'm actually hoping to do history, but my friend's doing classics so I kind of know some stuff :tongue:
Original post by Darth_Newdar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome then! You lucky person, I've only got my personal statement, EPQ, chemistry essay and about a thousand other things to do over the next two weeks :tongue: You might need to quote the first post or usycool1 may not notice to put it in there. But classics, cool! What subjects do you do then? :smile:
Reply 873
My Biology and Chemistry teachers, when I said I want to apply to Cambridge/LSE for an Economics course, were like 'Oh, you are doing 2 sciences, I thought you would like to apply for NatSci/Medicine/something related to science'. Then I told my Biology teacher that I'm dropping Biology next year - expression on her face was priceless. :biggrin:
What's your Maths and FM average? :smile:
Sometimes I heard 'in 3 best or most relevant subjects' and sometimes I reard 'across all'.

Haha - I did the same to my history teacher after being one of the only people to achieve an A in AS-level history xD

Well let me calculate this

M & FM average - 92.5%
(exactly)

For sciences its the 3 most relevant - so they are going to use my econ score rather than my history one
Original post by smile:D
Hey!!! Welcome to TSR, that is super organised!!! How is preparation going for the classics admissions test?? I'm actually hoping to do history, but my friend's doing classics so I kind of know some stuff :tongue:

I think it's going fine. I've just finished learning all the AS vocab in English - Latin order, so I should now recognise all those irregular principal parts (maybe!) So now it's on to new vocab. I'm planning to try the mock CAT at the end of August/beginning of September to try to assess where I am, hopefully it will go reasonably well to give me confidence!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 875
Original post by mynameisntbobk
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Personal_Statement_Help%20 sorry I'm so late, literally can't find my way around the website :lol:

Nope, they're all either current uni students or grads, so they wouldn't need to copy it or use it

Oh thanks I posted mine on there, not too much of a wait :tongue:

Just had a mini heart attack when it was posted on a forum - I thought it was open to everyone :colondollar:
Reply 876
Original post by furryface12
The problem is, I think I'd have too much to write about even if I was just doing it for one! I also just realised I said nothing about any of my AS subjects except for physics... more characters here I come :rolleyes:

Ahah I have a similar problem, the amount of times I've had to sacrifice mathematics for maths is outstanding, I think it's where I want it now, don't worry you've got a month or 2 until you post it :tongue:
Original post by furryface12
Welcome then! You lucky person, I've only got my personal statement, EPQ, chemistry essay and about a thousand other things to do over the next two weeks :tongue: You might need to quote the first post or usycool1 may not notice to put it in there. But classics, cool! What subjects do you do then? :smile:

I got AAAA at AS in Latin, English Literature, History and Business Studies, and I'm dropping Business for next year. I've got loads of stuff to do too - like some proper work on my History coursework...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha - I did the same to my history teacher after being one of the only people to achieve an A in AS-level history xD

Well let me calculate this

M & FM average - 92.5%
(exactly)

For sciences its the 3 most relevant - so they are going to use my econ score rather than my history one

The funniest thing is I was complaining about Unit2 Biology all the time, thought I would get a low A and got 150/150. :lol: But I chose to drop it because it was too time-consuming and I felt I didn't have enough time for other subjects as I was learning my textbook by heart...
So they combine scores and don't look at it separately?
Time alone will tell. :smile:
Oh thanks I posted mine on there, not too much of a wait :tongue:

Just had a mini heart attack when it was posted on a forum - I thought it was open to everyone :colondollar:

6 days :tongue: when I posted mine it said 3 days and the helped within the hour so that was cool

Hahahahahaha oh gosh :rofl: then you realised it was a private one :tongue: but yeah, that was exactly me when I uses it the first time :lol:

Latest