The Student Room Group

AEA Mathematics 25/06 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jarasta
You start earlier at Nottingham? I wouldn't mind starting early if I was prepared :colondollar:. I just can't wait to start!

Yeah I go in on the 23rd but that might be the week of freshers so I'd actually start on the 30th of September :tongue: I agree, I've got SOOO much to do but I'm ready to start :redface:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Yeah, I was unsuccessful but I always knew that would be the case, just got to be the best at Nottingham now :tongue:

I'm going Nottingham :smile: I got a merit
Original post by paulgoddard321
I'm going Nottingham :smile: I got a merit

Was that your firm? To study Maths? I'll see you there as I got a 3 but wasn't too far off the 2 as I felt I should've gotten more unless I made some really stupid mistakes :smile:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Was that your firm? To study Maths? I'll see you there as I got a 3 but wasn't too far off the 2 as I felt I should've gotten more unless I made some really stupid mistakes :smile:

Yeah it was my firm (it was the best uni I applied to) and I will be studying maths :wink:
Original post by paulgoddard321
Yeah it was my firm (it was the best uni I applied to) and I will be studying maths :wink:

Oh very nice, I shall be seeing you there soon enough then :tongue:
Reply 345
Does anyone here know how to find out the mark attained in the AEA, as I just received a grade? Thanks.
Original post by \/ibhav
Does anyone here know how to find out the mark attained in the AEA, as I just received a grade? Thanks.

Your school will know.

Also your total is on ResultsPlus on the Edexcel website, but not the mark-by-mark analysis since AEA papers are marked "red pen" not online.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 347
Original post by mathsman77
Got a Merit, so have met Baths offer! :eek:

to repeat what someone else said earlier, is there a way of finding out our marks for AEA?

To you and anyone else wondering how to find out the marks for AEA, you need to ask your School to ring up Edexcel and request it on your behalf, they can then attain a complete mark breakdown. Should be interesting to see.

This was told to me by Edexcel Student Services.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by \/ibhav
To you and anyone else wondering how to find out the marks for AEA, you need to ask your School to ring up Edexcel and request it on your behalf, they can then attain a complete mark breakdown. Should be interesting to see.

Cheers. My college said they couldn't get hold of them :angry:

I will get on their case today :cool:
Reply 349
Original post by \/ibhav

Were you applying for Imperial? How did you get on?
Cheers. My college said they couldn't get hold of them :angry:

I will get on their case today :cool:

Your total is on ResultsPlus on the Edexcel website, but not the mark-by-mark analysis since AEA papers are marked "red pen" not online.
Original post by tiny hobbit
Your total is on ResultsPlus on the Edexcel website, but not the mark-by-mark analysis since AEA papers are marked "red pen" not online.

Thanks - but I dont think I have a results plus login, it was my only exam with edexcel and we received nothing in the exam room. :dontknow:
Reply 352
Original post by shamika
Were you applying for Imperial? How did you get on?

Yes, my offer was A*A*A + 2 in STEP II/III
I achieved A*A*A*AAaa + S,2,1 in STEP I,II,III, as well as an AEA distinction for what it's worth, so I'll be at Imperial soon!
Reply 353
Thanks - but I dont think I have a results plus login, it was my only exam with edexcel and we received nothing in the exam room. :dontknow:

I called up my school today and apparently you can't get a mark breakdown, however they were able to log into the results plus thing and give me my score rather quickly.
Reply 354
Original post by \/ibhav
Yes, my offer was A*A*A + 2 in STEP II/III
I achieved A*A*A*AAaa + S,2,1 in STEP I,II,III, as well as an AEA distinction for what it's worth, so I'll be at Imperial soon!

Oh hell yes, that's amazing! Congratulations, as you know Imperial is dear to my heart so absolutely thrilled for you.
Reply 355
Original post by shamika
Oh hell yes, that's amazing! Congratulations, as you know Imperial is dear to my heart so absolutely thrilled for you.

Thanks! Any advice for course prep over the summer? I'm currently reading Martin Liebeck: 'A Concise Introduction...'. Is there anything else?
Anyone have the report for this exam?
Reply 357
Original post by \/ibhav
Thanks! Any advice for course prep over the summer? I'm currently reading Martin Liebeck: 'A Concise Introduction...'. Is there anything else?

Nah. The course starts off (relatively) slowly, IIRC. It's not like Cambridge where they throw you into the deep end :biggrin:
Reply 358
Original post by shamika
It's not like Cambridge where they throw you into the deep end :biggrin:

And they drain all the water out first :biggrin:
Reply 359
Original post by davros
And they drain all the water out first :biggrin:

Although we did have one lecture which started with Pythagoras' theorem / cosine rule and ended with Russell's Paradox in the first week. It might've been Liebeck... maybe they stopped that :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest