The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

Glasgow Caledonian 2014 applicants

This thread is for anyone who is thinking of applying to Caledonian University for 2014 entry.

I am hoping to apply for Optometry and Orthoptics.

Is anyone else thinking of applying here? What course do you want to study?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am!

Manchester is my first choice, with it being down the road lol but Glasgow is my second choice. I want to apply for Optometry too, although I'm still thinking about other courses.
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Reply 2
Original post by rnmansour
I am!

Manchester is my first choice, with it being down the road lol but Glasgow is my second choice. I want to apply for Optometry too, although I'm still thinking about other courses.

Great! What other courses are in mind?
Reply 3
Original post by kurt123
Great! What other courses are in mind?

Well I've been thinking about pharmacy and biochemistry. Everyday the course I want to do switches between these three. How about you?
Reply 4
Original post by rnmansour
Well I've been thinking about pharmacy and biochemistry. Everyday the course I want to do switches between these three. How about you?

Hahaha same here. Cool, they seem interesting. Not to sure on my other options yet. :frown:
Reply 5
Hi ^^
I have applied for Media and Communications for 2014 entry. I was just wondering if anyone else was or has applied for the same course or to just Caledonian in general. It would be good to know any future students.

I have met the entry requirements, so hopefully I will be there in 2014:colondollar:

Gemma (=^.^=)
Reply 6
My friend just got a conditional today so you should hear soon hopefully. I hope you get in! I think she has applied for either a business course or media..
Reply 7
Tell your friend well done hehe(*^^*)
Aww thanks, me too lol
The waiting is just the worst (*^^*)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Eevee1994
Hi ^^
I have applied for Media and Communications for 2014 entry. I was just wondering if anyone else was or has applied for the same course or to just Caledonian in general. It would be good to know any future students.

I have met the entry requirements, so hopefully I will be there in 2014:colondollar:

Gemma (=^.^=)

hi Gemma,
i have got the unconditional offer for Mres biomedical science,
i have to get the ATAS certificate, to which i have already applied long ago.
regards ATAS to whom should i contact..
if you know anything about this kindly reply me........
Reply 9
That's amazing.
I don't actually know who you would have to contact, but my friend does that course at another university so I will ask him for you

I have just received an unconditional for media and communication. Yippee, my first choice too (^^)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Thanks for your reply,
I have applied today for International Fashion Branding and Fashion Business courses!
Now I have just to wait !
Reply 12
I hope you get in! The wait can seem unbearable at times (°_°)
I think you should here something around January.
I look forward to seeing you there lol (*^^*)
Gemma

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope you get in! The wait can seem unbearable at times (°_°)
I think you should here something around January.
I look forward to seeing you there lol (*^^*)
Gemma

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly! Today UCAS sent me the track link and I'm already impatient haha
Where do you come from? **
Reply 14
I know what that feels like (o_0)
It's just so frustrating to begin with. I sent mine in September and I got my offer a few days ago.
I'm from East Kilbride in Scotland
What about you?
Gemma

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Hey, I applied for finance, investment, and risk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Johnm75
Hey, I applied for finance, investment, and risk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow! (*^_^*)
Impressive, when did you apply and did you go to the open day in September ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know what that feels like (o_0)
It's just so frustrating to begin with. I sent mine in September and I got my offer a few days ago.
I'm from East Kilbride in Scotland
What about you?
Gemma

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm Italian and after my High School degree I spent a gap year in London but never been to Scotland before!
Reply 18
Original post by TheAriannaM
I'm Italian and after my High School degree I spent a gap year in London but never been to Scotland before!

Wow
Your the first Italian that I know lol
I'm currently on my gap year right now. I'm going to London next month and then Paris and Barcelona in February. Scotland is a nice place *biased* hehe. The nightlife is great lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Wow! (*^_^*)
Impressive, when did you apply and did you go to the open day in September ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have been and toured the entire campus through a programme they run that reaches out to local schools. At first i thought it would be full of people am that I wouldn't like and that it generally wouldn't be a nice place but that couldn't have been further from the truth. Also went to one lecture on risk management and found it really interesting and the lecturer was pretty funny to :smile: Well I told UCAS person for our school too send it on Friday but he must of forgot :frown: I didn't attend the actual open day though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending