The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Turns out we don't have to go up to the school, so mine are being held at the post office, to be collected any time after half 8! No more waiting on the post until half 2 like last year...
Original post by snikutsmullac
GCSEs with CCEA are released tomorrow.

Eh? :confused:
Reply 5322
Original post by snikutsmullac
What difference does it make? The grade boundaries represent how well students as a whole have done. They've obviously been worked out to account for all students, you included, so it doesn't really matter how high or low they are. All it tells you is how well or badly everyone has done, you'll still come out with the same grade overall.

Unfortunately your grade depends on how everyone else has done and it's another day of wondering where you are on the spectrum. (I'm so optimistic.)

Can the exam boards not just accidentally leak our results to our inboxes? Now would be great. ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zerock
If Im not mistaken, the unit 1 papers were first sat in Jun 2012 along with the unit 2 exams

No it was first sat on Jan 12 with just the unit 1's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
images.jpg
Seems rather fitting :wink:
Guys how much can your grades go up by just from GCSES?
Say now your coursework is a C grade and you done quiet well on the exam? Would it go up alot?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do grade boundaries come out at exactly midnight tomorrow?
Original post by Basket case
Guys how much can your grades go up by just from GCSES?
Say now your coursework is a C grade and you done quiet well on the exam? Would it go up alot?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It all depends on how much the coursework is worth :s-smilie:
Original post by Piledriver
images.jpg
Seems rather fitting :wink:

SHARKNADO! :eek:
Original post by student.1997
Do grade boundaries come out at exactly midnight tomorrow?

In theory, they should (plus a few minutes). But some exam boards are slower than others at putting up their grade boundaries.
Original post by techno836
It all depends on how much the coursework is worth :s-smilie:

Like say 60%?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pathosL
i think it's more actually can't remember lol, im trying to stay up actually
lol I've only got 10 (well 9.5 since RS is a short course). And lool are you really nervous?
Original post by theJdog
lol I've only got 10 (well 9.5 since RS is a short course). And lool are you really nervous?

I have 10.5 but I have to do
Welsh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tohaaaa
Mark Schemes aren't released until 9 months after. :frown:

Yh, but the teacher's can see, so they may know some of the answers. So maybe they can tell you? Though I seriously doubt it. Though I'm not too sure about AQA . . . I think almost all exam materials are released for teachers before the results (like one or two days) and for us students like a whole year almost. That's actually stupid.
I had a dream about Results Day. Never happened before. It was actually rather odd :s-smilie: I ended up floating with Moaning Myrtle and Harry Potter was chasing me . . .:confused:
I have 10.5 but I have to do
Welsh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no! Well how is welsh? Is it a toughie?

well if your exam is VERY good it can definitely pull; your grade up :yep: but you will have to get a good solid score over the boundary :s-smilie:
Original post by theJdog
I had a dream about Results Day. Never happened before. It was actually rather odd :s-smilie: I ended up floating with Moaning Myrtle and Harry Potter was chasing me . . .:confused:

Wow your dreams are creepy. :biggrin:
Is it common for grades to be changed by the exam boards when moderated i.e. english CCA or science ISA??
Reply 5339
Original post by theJdog

not that nervous really, just curious