The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary Freshers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YoungJosh
Hiya :smile: ooh I was actually really interested in the zoology course - went for drama in the end haha!

Wow yeah that is tough, on the QMSU website it says the freshers events and how to get tickets and it also states which events are over 18 - take a look there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it sounds pretty awesome. My sisters doing the same but up in Wales :P I've looked at that, thanks, but they're all over 18 so I'm buggered really. I'll just be a loner hahah. You got fb? Nice to chat to people beforehand :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by angelgirlabz
It's not as bad as a lot of people think, I did a 'practice run' for the open/visit day and it was bearable. Plus the train rides are sometimes eventful with all the weird and wonderful people :rolleyes:. I also have a few friends in London who I can always stay with for a bit :smile:

lol! I just hope it doesn't drive me insane! I also took Psychology at A-level and loved it- it was one of the subjects I was considering :smile: is there a particular area of psychology you like? :smile:

Hahaha oh that's convenient then. Sounds like you have everything planned out nicely :smile: Oh wow haha could have been one of my classmates! I quite enjoy the neurosciencey parts. I dunno why I just find the human brain so fascinating! :tongue:
Original post by YoungJosh
Yeah they do have a student theatre company you can join :biggrin: QMTC, they go to Edinburgh fringe every year!

Sooo excited!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh, that sounds quite good! I'll have to check it out at some point :smile:
Reply 123
Original post by Yoachim
I'm in the exact same position. Have you had letters or emails saying you're definitely in? I'm not sure how it all works, but I went through one of those emails and applied online, maybe yesterday or the day before. All you need is you reference number which is on every email, and then look for your password somewhere. Haven't heard back yet, but that's OK for now.

I can't even find where to apply online! I've had emails saying in definitely in but have no clue what to do about the accommodation! :s-smilie:
Reply 124
Original post by angelgirlabz
Hey :smile: I just rejected my offer of accommodation, so you might want to try calling them up? I think there's a waiting list, but you never know. There's also loads of student accommodation offered in London, so have a look around (RightMove for Students is one site) :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by tantan2803
Hahaha oh that's convenient then. Sounds like you have everything planned out nicely :smile: Oh wow haha could have been one of my classmates! I quite enjoy the neurosciencey parts. I dunno why I just find the human brain so fascinating! :tongue:

My sister liked the neurosciencey stuff aswell, personally, I preferred the health or the children stuff, but that's only because the brain stuff could get fiddly and hurt my head! (no pun intended :wink:)
Reply 126
Original post by thelion0
same, what's ATAS

It's just a very stupid thing us International Students have to get before we can get a Visa.
Reply 127
Original post by Maths_19
I can't even find where to apply online! I've had emails saying in definitely in but have no clue what to do about the accommodation! :s-smilie:

I got two emails with this sort of title > [h="1"]QMUL Offer & Accommodation (ref: 130...[/h]
Somewhere in the middle it said once you have read through all that, please click on the link below.

I can try and link it for you. https://residencesonline.qmul.ac.uk/

You just need your password and reference number. I'd call if I were you, I think I need to call too.
Reply 128
Original post by Shazz94
Foundation year lets me get in with lower grades, but i do an extra year in the beginning which is a mix between 1st year and a levels. I assume the course starts later as I havent received any details about it, and the email explicitly said we get details 1 month before our start date.

Yeah I got an email saying that I was in, after results day of course, saying that I'd get a welcome pack or email or whatever, one month before the start date, which is 16th September... Haven't had it. And the email was sent after results day, so how could they say they'll send an email one month before...?
Reply 129
Original post by Yoachim
Yeah I got an email saying that I was in, after results day of course, saying that I'd get a welcome pack or email or whatever, one month before the start date, which is 16th September... Haven't had it. And the email was sent after results day, so how could they say they'll send an email one month before...?

Judging by what people have been saying, I doubt anyone has gotten one yet. I know I haven't. Don't worry about it mate it'll get here when it gets here, till then just enjoy your summer! What course you taking?
Reply 130
I called QMUL today inquiring about the email which requires us to send them proof of results and they said that we should receive an email at the end of this week which should provide info about enrollment and that they want the proof of results on enrollment day.
Hope this helps :smile:
Heyy :smile: I'm studying BSc Geography, is anyone else doing the same? I just brought the freshers week pass, I don't know anyone at all whose going there too would love to get to know some people beforehand :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 132
Nobody but nobody, I know is going QM. Anyone doing History?
Reply 133
Hi
This thread seems to be full of computer science students (which makes sense I guess, since they are computer people :smile: )
I'm doing Biochemistry, I can't seem to see anyone doing biochemistry here o_0

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 134
Hey guys ^^ a lot of people doing science and maths i see :frown: Is anyone doing English??
I want to buy a freshers ticket..but im a muslim and the majority of people will probably be drinking and i will just be there so awkward T_T

I dont understand how they expect us to show them proof of our results...i think my college gives them out in like december >_<
Reply 135
Original post by Rish01
if u want cheap (cheaper than others) try quantum court QM student get a discount so its 165 a week ( i think) still a couple of rooms left so its worth having a look :smile: just booked mine

Queen Mary students get a discount?! They should really state that somewhere!!! I didn't want to book a room in Quantum court because it was freaking £209 a week!!
Reply 136
Original post by sahjan
Queen Mary students get a discount?! They should really state that somewhere!!! I didn't want to book a room in Quantum court because it was freaking £209 a week!!

ye i know i found out from someone who was also trying to find accommodation you have to ask them for it or they will try to book you into the £209 a week one....
Reply 137
Original post by Katharine...
Heyy :smile: I'm studying BSc Geography, is anyone else doing the same? I just brought the freshers week pass, I don't know anyone at all whose going there too would love to get to know some people beforehand :smile:

I'm doing Bsc (econ) geography so we've probably got some moduals together i know of one other guy doing geography as well :smile:

Most people it seems are in the same position (not knowing anyone going to QM) maybe we should start a Facebook group so everyone can get to know each other? or to organize a pre-freshers meet up for anyone whose interested?
Reply 138
Anybody here doing International Relations ^^?
Original post by roziebang
Hey guys ^^ a lot of people doing science and maths i see :frown: Is anyone doing English??
I want to buy a freshers ticket..but im a muslim and the majority of people will probably be drinking and i will just be there so awkward T_T

I dont understand how they expect us to show them proof of our results...i think my college gives them out in like december >_<

Hey:smile: I'm in the same shoes, but I find that it's not too awkward, even if you don't drink :smile:

have you got accomodation or are you commuting? :smile: Also...where on earth are these fresher tickets being sold? o_O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending