The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theJdog
Oh no! Well how is welsh? Is it a toughie?

Welsh is easy ^.^ rydw I'm mynhau saraid and dysgu cymrage ar yr dosbarth! Ac Dw'in wedi saraid cymrage gyda fy teulu achos Mae llawer or no ddim yn saraid sasneg

^^ that's welsh I basically said I like it and that I speak it around the home anyway because alot of them speak don't speak English. Welsh actually is the subject I think I'll get the highest grade in but I really struggle with the alphabet because its completely different :frown:. I also struggle with the spelling it's even harder to type with my iPhones auto correct :frown:. But because I speak welsh I struggle more with English :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meadhbh 3
You go back on the 28th!!! Isn't that a tad early??? I go back on the first, which is a sunday i know but we're starting practice for our school musical!!! Im hoping i get to be one of the extras that gets to wear a ball gown and a mascarade mask!!! Maybe that will put me in a good mood for the ACTUAL first day of school!....or you know.....just tire me out more, and theres no hiding the bags under my eyes that first week back. trust me it aint pretty :wink:

Most schools in Northern Ireland go back early, I think it's because we finish for summer earlier. That sounds pretty fun!! :smile: Yeah same here, the first week back to school is not an attractive look for me! Haha :wink:
Did anybody do OCR GCSE ICT?
Original post by Darnell LD97
Wow your dreams are creepy. :biggrin:

Ha ha you have no idea.
Original post by pathosL
not that nervous really, just curious
Wow, I'm kinda in the middle. I don't know what I feel now. I feel so confused :biggrin:
Original post by Basket case
Welsh is easy ^.^ rydw I'm mynhau saraid and dysgu cymrage ar yr dosbarth! Ac Dw'in wedi saraid cymrage gyda fy teulu achos Mae llawer or no ddim yn saraid sasneg

^^ that's welsh I basically said I like it and that I speak it around the home anyway because alot of them speak don't speak English. Welsh actually is the subject I think I'll get the highest grade in but I really struggle with the alphabet because its completely different :frown:. I also struggle with the spelling it's even harder to type with my iPhones auto correct :frown:. But because I speak welsh I struggle more with English :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is welsh your first language? And do you live in Wales btw? And I've always liked Welsh. It's so cool. And aw don't worry I'm sure you'll do fine :smile: Are you worried more about the exams or the C/A. And I think that they may lower grade boundaries if everyone found it hard. Good luck for your results btw!
Reply 5346
Original post by theJdog
Wow, I'm kinda in the middle. I don't know what I feel now. I feel so confused :biggrin:

ahaha i am kinda nervous don't get me wrong, but i'm more curious/excited
Original post by theJdog
Is welsh your first language? And do you live in Wales btw? And I've always liked Welsh. It's so cool. And aw don't worry I'm sure you'll do fine :smile: Are you worried more about the exams or the C/A. And I think that they may lower grade boundaries if everyone found it hard. Good luck for your results btw!

Welsh was when I was little but when I was younger my father couldn't speak welsh and side side hated the fact I didn't speak much English so my
Mam stopped speaking it as much. Yeah I live in South Wales, the same town as sam from big brother:smile:. Well my coursework for English was a C but I know I had a B in the speaking and
Listening (20%) so I hope I have a mid C for coursework but the exam was difficult. I hope they Lower them but
There are loads of reports that they're even higher this year:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by overthelove
It was absolutely ridiculous! Everyone who took that exam came out really disheartened. Hopefully the grade boundaries are in our favour!

Me too, I need a low grade to do well overall so I hope everything turns out OK :smile:

Good Luck :biggrin:

I done Triple Science too !

What do you think the grade boundaries will be for P3/C3, im hoping mid 20s for a C, I need a decent C to do well overall ?
On the results sheet, will it show what we got for all the individual units or will we only get our final GCSE grades?
Original post by BigBangTheory1
On the results sheet, will it show what we got for all the individual units or will we only get our final GCSE grades?

Well, for my English Language one, they had both units and Full Course, but it was in UMS, not RAW marks.
Grade boundaries are out tomorrow at 00:00 :biggrin:
CCEA grade boundaries are up!

EDIT: It seems these are just the grade boundaries for UMS... which never change...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by theJdog
Well, for my English Language one, they had both units and Full Course, but it was in UMS, not RAW marks.

Thank you very much!
Did you set it in January?
Original post by BigBangTheory1
Thank you very much!
Did you set it in January?

Good luck by the way! And These were last year's year 10 results. And I did the English Language exam in January :smile: What subjects are you waiting for?
Original post by Basket case
Welsh was when I was little but when I was younger my father couldn't speak welsh and side side hated the fact I didn't speak much English so my
Mam stopped speaking it as much. Yeah I live in South Wales, the same town as sam from big brother:smile:. Well my coursework for English was a C but I know I had a B in the speaking and
Listening (20%) so I hope I have a mid C for coursework but the exam was difficult. I hope they Lower them but
There are loads of reports that they're even higher this year:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah right! Don't worry, I'm sure you are going to be fine :smile: I think you can get it :smile: What do you want overall? And forgive me if I'm wrong, but did you get an interview with T-Max? How did it go :biggrin: If you don't mind me asking . . .
Original post by things4life
I done Triple Science too !

What do you think the grade boundaries will be for P3/C3, im hoping mid 20s for a C, I need a decent C to do well overall ?

Hmm, I think they will be mid to high 20s too. I've just looked at Grade Boundaries from previous exams and if it follows the same trend, then hopefully we are safe :smile:
Original post by lolface32

So basically tonight? :confused:
Original post by lolface32

Do you mean midnight tonight or do you mean midnight tomrow
Original post by taye_kelani
What time can you guys go to pick up your results? Like what time does your school open for collection??? Mine's 10:00am!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine's 10:45. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest