The Student Room Group

Changing course firm to insurance - Unfortunately there has been a problem with your

I didn't get in my firm so I am changing the course details to my insurance but at random stages (tried more than once, with different browsers) it gives me the following error:

Unfortunately there has been a problem with your application, please use the 'Continue' button to return to your previous page to check the data that you have entered and try again. If this problem persists then please log out and try again later.

Sometimes it gives me the error after selecting the course and clicking next, sometimes after clicking next on the term-time address page. Sometimes even when I click "Change course details". Obviously I make sure that all the fields are correclty filled in.

With the randomness of the event, I'm thinking it is perhaps a problem on their end. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
Reply 1
Called Student Finance and they said I had to do the change over the telephone and said it will take 5-6 weeks to process, meaning most probably the loan won't be paid by the time I start uni, and obviously won't have a letter showing the tuition fee timetable, so enrollment will be interesting...

I think it's simply shocking that students like me in the same situation will risk not have a loan paid in time because of Student Finance's techincal glitches. I got my application approved by April, well before the deadline. It's not exacly a rare occurance changing the course details from firm to insurance, so why can't Student Finance expedite the change, considering that the application was already approved?

What about students who change course because they were in Clearing/Adjustment? They risk not have their loan paid in time too?

Shocking.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi there,

Sorry to hear of your frustrations with making changes online.

Did the advisor go through the options of using a different browser and trying to submit your updated course details after 24 hours?

Thanks,
Reply 3
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi there,

Sorry to hear of your frustrations with making changes online.

Did the advisor go through the options of using a different browser and trying to submit your updated course details after 24 hours?

Thanks,

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

The adviser did ask what browser I used and replied I had tried all 3 (Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox). The adviser did not mention anything about trying 24 hours later however, said that the changes would have to be done over the telephone. Only when he finished to take details of the course change did he state that it would take 5-6 weeks to process. Had I known before I would have re-tried on the website. I will therefore start uni wihtout my loan or grant as it won't be processed in time and I have no way of supporting myself othwerise. A tad unfair considering that I am in this siutation because of a techincal glitch (as I stated before, my application was approved well before the May deadline).

Quick Reply