The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ell_
****, I was going to apply to two of them as well :frown:

Which ones? Also what are you applying for out of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Robbie242
It should be but stupid subjectivity doesn't allow that - Edexcel, I got 64 in January and 90 in June I still have no idea whether that was an improvement in technique or just a nicer examiner.

Ahah I see - :tongue: I do a similar thing despite having London at my door - Maths is better than exploring London ofc

Several occasions - first bumping me down from higher to foundation in yr10 (probably deserved though) but more importantly nearly preventing me from taking A-level maths because I was 0.1 off the point criteria. They also did not let me take Further Maths without an A*, they also didn't listen to me until March. and now they are forcing me to do D1 - also apparently trying to prevent me from doing additional further maths, I swear I get so much **** from them, yet I have the highest maths score in the entire year

Maybe you missed some important facts in Jan? I don't really know. :tongue:
I would like to explore London, but I only get to see the airport and London Bridge station when travelling. xD
They should be happy they have such a motivated and ambitious student. D1 can give high UMS easily but I don't think it's especially useful for a Maths applicant.
Reply 922
Original post by purplemind
Maybe you missed some important facts in Jan? I don't really know. :tongue:
I would like to explore London, but I only get to see the airport and London Bridge station when travelling. xD
They should be happy they have such a motivated and ambitious student. D1 can give high UMS easily but I don't think it's especially useful for a Maths applicant.

No idea :tongue:

Haha, you should, I would love to explore another city like Paris actually, only ever being to London and New York as big cities really.

Exactly, they are playing the safe game like you said - they only care if people have safe results, they use past data to support their argument for making me do D1 - I still haven't brought the textbook yet because I'm not sure.
Man, I actually shed tears... :colonhash:

Haha, you should, I would love to explore another city like Paris actually, only ever being to London and New York as big cities really.

Exactly, they are playing the safe game like you said - they only care if people have safe results, they use past data to support their argument for making me do D1 - I still haven't brought the textbook yet because I'm not sure.

Always when I wanted to go with my friend, either she was too busy when I could, it was the other way round, or I had no money to go. :biggrin:
I guess for a similar reason, my Maths teacher advised me not to do AS AFM. So if you decide not to do D1, you won't attend Maths lessons?
Reply 925
Always when I wanted to go with my friend, either she was too busy when I could, it was the other way round, or I had no money to go. :biggrin:
I guess for a similar reason, my Maths teacher advised me not to do AS AFM. So if you decide not to do D1, you won't attend Maths lessons?

Ahah excuses excuses :tongue:

I'm not sure. I honestly don't want to attend my school at all for A-level maths, I've done C3 at home and I'm finishing C4, I would rather have to do 2 subjects at school and the rest of the time off to do AFM, STEP, AEA etc. I hope I can provide a stronger argument now that I have evidence

What part of London you from Robbie boy?

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Man, I actually shed tears... :colonhash:

what's wrong?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 927
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
What part of London you from Robbie boy?

what's wrong?

South East London near Greenwich. What about you Boy boy? lmao
Original post by SophF_rth
Good to hear it! Summer is going alright thanks, it's slowing drawing to a close and I've started to recap work so all it good :tongue: what about you?

It's been forever since we spoke on TSR!

Good! I haven't even looked at work yet, I'm just chillin' :biggrin: College starts again in two weeks so I'd better get started :lol:

I know! I'm not as active as I used to be. :tongue:
Ahah excuses excuses :tongue:

I'm not sure. I honestly don't want to attend my school at all for A-level maths, I've done C3 at home and I'm finishing C4, I would rather have to do 2 subjects at school and the rest of the time off to do AFM, STEP, AEA etc. I hope I can provide a stronger argument now that I have evidence

I didn't want to go alone and get lost in London. London is big and I'm small. :rolleyes:
Aww, FM with my new teacher at school. :mad: Wasting time... But I think I have to attend lessons and there is no way I can avoid it.
Will you be taking STEP II and III?
what's wrong?

Sisters gone :redface: :frown:
Reply 931
Original post by justanotherindigo
Good! I haven't even looked at work yet, I'm just chillin' :biggrin: College starts again in two weeks so I'd better get started :lol:

I know! I'm not as active as I used to be. :tongue:

:hi: a fellow historian (judging from your profile :tongue:), where are you planning on applying??
(edited 10 years ago)
What secondary school in East London? I think I might know it :beard:

Without trying to sound harsh, I don't think you'd stand much of a change at Cambridge Nat Sci with Bs in maths and chemistry, unless you have a good reason for your low scores? Even then it's incredibly competitive and a lot of applicants will have 90%+ in all their subjects, but you can still try and apply if you want.

Thank youuu!
What about if I do a Post Qualification Application, so apply after I have my A2 results? :smile:
Reply 933
I didn't want to go alone and get lost in London. London is big and I'm small. :rolleyes:
Aww, FM with my new teacher at school. :mad: Wasting time... But I think I have to attend lessons and there is no way I can avoid it.
Will you be taking STEP II and III?

Aww fair enough :cute:

I've joined the FM A2 class and I suppose its good enough for me, takes some work off my plate at least. Yeah does your school have that stupid 3 A-level subject requirement? mine do :mad:

I've got a dependency table haha

Did Cambridge give you an offer?
If yes - STEP II and III
if no - STEP I

Though I may do STEP II for the lulz if I don't get an offer from Camb
South East London near Greenwich. What about you Boy boy? lmao

Hmm I ain't got a clue where that is, its Boy Wonder :cool:, East London in Waltham Forest.
Reply 935
Hmm I ain't got a clue where that is, its Boy Wonder :cool:, East London in Waltham Forest.

Hmm I haven't got a clue where that is xD
Original post by CurtisDean
Thank youuu!
What about if I do a Post Qualification Application, so apply after I have my A2 results? :smile:

See how your A2 results go first, then take if from there :yy:

You avoided my question, what secondary school in East London?
Reply 937
Original post by usycool1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

Medicine

Biology (A), Chemistry (B), English (A)

Biology (predicted A*), Chemistry (predicted A*), Maths (achieved A). Also taking up Further Maths AS and A2 (predicted A).

Imperial <3, UCL, King's, St. Georges

Original post by smile:D
:hi: a fellow historian (judging from your profile :tongue:), where else are you planning on applying??

Hi! And yes, history it is :biggrin: I'm applying to uni post A-Level and I'm thinking of Oxford, Warwick, Royal Holloway and Kings atm. What about you? :smile:
Aww fair enough :cute:

I've joined the FM A2 class and I suppose its good enough for me, takes some work off my plate at least. Yeah does your school have that stupid 3 A-level subject requirement? mine do :mad:

I've got a dependency table haha

Did Cambridge give you an offer?
If yes - STEP II and III
if no - STEP I

Though I may do STEP II for the lulz if I don't get an offer from Camb

My friend had 6 subjects at A2 (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Further Maths, German). She missed a few lessons in a week but got 3A*, 3A and school let her do that. However, most people will have 3 subjects at A2, some 4. Maybe 1-2 people will have 5. :tongue: (Not including self-study subjects.)
Haha, clever. :biggrin:

Latest