The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8740
Original post by Plato's Trousers
yes, a superb piece of work.

I've received a lot of eye rolls after telling them the name of the film.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watching The Godfather Pt II. Guess if I fail tomorrow I'll resort to a life of organised crime. I am Italian American after all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by andyt8765
Watching The Godfather Pt II. Guess if I fail tomorrow I'll resort to a life of organised crime. I am Italian American after all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think it will be that easy!
Reply 8743
Watched Bedevilled last night, it was really good. Korean cinema has definitely cemented itself as one of my favourites. It's a shame that I've now exhausted all the Korean films I wanted to see.
I agree with the sentiment about Korean films. I recently watched The Yellow Sea I though that was really good. Kim Yoon-seok is rapidly becoming one of my favourite actors.
Watching Real Steel atm. My god that kid is such an arrogant little twit.
Behind the Candelabra is absolutely brilliant. Michael Douglas's best performance by far (I never thought he had a performance like that in him, to be honest. He's usually just playing himself).

Amusingly, on imdb the "more like this" feature includes The Queen !! I can't think of a less similar film!
Behind the Candelabra is absolutely brilliant. Michael Douglas's best performance by far (I never thought he had a performance like that in him, to be honest. He's usually just playing himself).

Amusingly, on imdb the "more like this" feature includes The Queen !! I can't think of a less similar film!

Pfft, real classy there imdb :tongue: Maybe it's because The Queen is a cinematic release that feels more like a TV film and BTC is a TV film which feels like a cinematic release? :innocent:

Michael Douglas was on Wittertainment talking about it and he was such a bizzarely nice bloke that I want to see it just for him. He sort of radiates loveliness. Plus there's Scott Bakula's tache :awesome:
Reply 8748
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Pfft, real classy there imdb :tongue: Maybe it's because The Queen is a cinematic release that feels more like a TV film and BTC is a TV film which feels like a cinematic release? :innocent:

Michael Douglas was on Wittertainment talking about it and he was such a bizzarely nice bloke that I want to see it just for him. He sort of radiates loveliness. Plus there's Scott Bakula's tache :awesome:

At least it wasn't Sharknado hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, it was the interview on wittertainment that sold me. I have never been a fan of Mr Douglas, tbh, ever since the ridiculous "no penis" clause in his contract for Basic Instinct But he was great on the interview and I decided to see it.

It's ironic they have a line in the movie;

"How do they enjoy a show as gay as this?"
"But they have no idea he's gay
"

and yet even in 2013, no Hollywood studio would touch the movie with a bargepole. Ridiculous.

And yes, an awesome tache.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by al0
At least it wasn't Sharknado hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still haven't seen that yet, I sort of want to save it incase it makes all of cinema, before and after, void.

Yes, it was the interview on wittertainment that sold me. I have never been a fan of Mr Douglas, tbh, ever since the ridiculous "no penis" clause in his contract for Basic Instinct But he was great on the interview and I decided to see it.

It's ironic they have a line in the movie;

"How do they enjoy a show as gay as this?"
"But they have no idea he's gay
"

and yet even in 2013, no Hollywood studio would touch the movie with a bargepole. Ridiculous.

And yes, an awesome tache.

Oh Wittertainment how I love thee, let me count the non-Oids containing ways :awesome:

Ha, never heard of that one although my love of him in Falling Down and Wonder Boys sort of negates everything short of murder. More people should see Wonder Boys, it's one of the best films of the decade yet it never gets a mention :grumble:

You know funnily enough when I read that post I was watching the IT Crowd where the female lead was asking if her date was gay because there's no way a straight guy could like such a 'gay' musical (which coincidentally was called 'Gay' :lol:).

I wonder if Soderbergh is on a one man crusade to upkeep the great Quantum Leap tradition of trying to make Bakula look like the biggest idiot possible :h: I would respect that.

Ha, never heard of that one although my love of him in Falling Down and Wonder Boys sort of negates everything short of murder. More people should see Wonder Boys, it's one of the best films of the decade yet it never gets a mention :grumble:

Never heard of Wonder Boys :getmecoat: , but I am going to check it out now
Reply 8752
New blog post today! My second journey in to the IMDb bottom 100. This time it's #14.

http://ohthatfilmblog.wordpress.com/2013/08/21/the-second-chance-saloon-from-justin-to-kelly-2003/
Reply 8753
Original post by doggyfizzel
I agree with the sentiment about Korean films. I recently watched The Yellow Sea I though that was really good. Kim Yoon-seok is rapidly becoming one of my favourite actors.

Missed this comment. I didn't like The Yellow Sea :frown:

It just started of too slow for me and never got going. I ****ing love The Chaser as well so I was pretty disappointed. I'd recommend Bedevilled.
Never heard of Wonder Boys :getmecoat: , but I am going to check it out now

It's a good film. Strong performance by Douglas and surprisingly McGuire plays his role really well too.
Reply 8755
Do any of you guys run your own blogs/write for any websites or blogs and review films? I'd like to write for a blog or a website to help create a portfolio for myself or do you guys reckon I should just start writing on my own one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by al0
Do any of you guys run your own blogs/write for any websites or blogs and review films? I'd like to write for a blog or a website to help create a portfolio for myself or do you guys reckon I should just start writing on my own one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by aja89
New blog post today! My second journey in to the IMDb bottom 100. This time it's #14.

http://ohthatfilmblog.wordpress.com/2013/08/21/the-second-chance-saloon-from-justin-to-kelly-2003/

aja does :smile:
Reply 8757
Seems a long time since I've been on here. Hope everyone who was breathing the last time I was in is still doing so, and with as little difficulty as possible.

I've just realised I've been registered on here for five years now. That's depressing.

Film wise: I saw Avengers Assemble last week (late to the party) and it was actually pretty enjoyable. I was surprised.
Original post by zjs

Film wise: I saw Avengers Assemble last week (late to the party) and it was actually pretty enjoyable. I was surprised.

It's rather jolly good fun isn't it? :^_^: Some of the hyperbole around it is rediculous and I still find 'then aliens' to be slightly bizzare but the character interactions are wonderful. Mark Ruffalo should just go and be in everything :daydreaming:
Reply 8759
It's rather jolly good fun isn't it? :^_^: Some of the hyperbole around it is rediculous and I still find 'then aliens' to be slightly bizzare but the character interactions are wonderful. Mark Ruffalo should just go and be in everything :daydreaming:

Why are you hyphenating the part about aliens? Is "then aliens" some kind of Avengers-based meme I've missed, relating to the fact they see to come out of nowhere? Or are you just quoting yourself referring to the aliens?

Quick Reply

Latest