The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by overthelove
Hmm, I think they will be mid to high 20s too. I've just looked at Grade Boundaries from previous exams and if it follows the same trend, then hopefully we are safe :smile:
I just looked at AQA's triple, in their C3 in June 2012, 16/45 was a C, using that same proportion with Edexcel, a C grade for C3 will be 21/60 ! I doubt the boundaries for C3/P3 will be any higher than 27/28 marks but bearing in mind triple boundaries are usually low and this was the first exam under the new spec and people in general seamed to find it rather difficult, I think it is possible that the boundaries will be lower than we perceive . . .
Original post by hBreadman
Please say I'm not the only person planning the outfit they go to get their results in..

(Bare in mind my school always has photographers at results day ������)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha, I sadly bought a new top I had in mind to wear on Thursday...

Been predicted, hoping for and almost expecting good results, so I want to look cool/fresh/casual (as I usually do :wink:) when I go in, so if I do achieve good grades people don't look at me and instantly judge me..

I hope that made some sort of relevant sense
Original post by Icesk8ing97
Hey, I'm in yr 10 and did the core science module 3 exam for ocr 21 st century science from 2011. I was wondering if anyone else found that so hard! I did teh first two modules in January where I got a b for teh first one as I ran out of time and an a* on teh second so I'm hoping for a pass! But yeh anyone???????

I'm lucky in that I have never ran out of time for a GCSE exam I completed my Further Maths Paper Calculator in 50 mins and there was 2 hours to complete it and I checked through each question as I was doing it.However, I always ran out of time for the Maths Challenge exams but they weren't really designed for you to complete them all in the time given and those exams were much harder than the GCSE or Further Maths I only ever got a Bronze in the 4 times I did it.
Original post by snikutsmullac
Just think, in 48 hours time our academic futures will have been determined.

No they won't have, even Oxbridge are OK with average GCSE grades as long as you get good A-Levels and there is no chance of not getting the grades I need for the subjects I want to study.
Original post by holliemay
I hope so too! I need a C in biology to get an A* overall, and Bs in physics and chemistry for an A*. I reckon the grade boundaries could be pretty high for C3 since a lot of the questions were repeated from the specimen paper :confused:
I need a decent C to get an A in Chem/Physics, I really hope your wrong about the C3 lol, I just hope the boundaries don't exceed 27 marks for a C, I'm not all that interested in Science but I still want to squeeze out a few As hopefully.
Reply 5385
Original post by Dalek1099
I'm lucky in that I have never ran out of time for a GCSE exam I completed my Further Maths Paper Calculator in 50 mins and there was 2 hours to complete it and I checked through each question as I was doing it.However, I always ran out of time for the Maths Challenge exams but they weren't really designed for you to complete them all in the time given and those exams were much harder than the GCSE or Further Maths I only ever got a Bronze in the 4 times I did it.

Did you do AQA GCSE Further Maths?
Original post by things4life
I just looked at AQA's triple, in their C3 in June 2012, 16/45 was a C, using that same proportion with Edexcel, a C grade for C3 will be 21/60 ! I doubt the boundaries for C3/P3 will be any higher than 27/28 marks but bearing in mind triple boundaries are usually low and this was the first exam under the new spec and people in general seamed to find it rather difficult, I think it is possible that the boundaries will be lower than we perceive . . .

Woah! That sounds like good news :smile: I think it is possible too! And also, for the first exam under a new spec, they should at least be nice with grade boundaries seeing as many people found them hard, particularly P3 and C3. With that said, I'm more scared about the Controlled Assessment than the exams because they could go horribly wrong! What did you do your controlled assessments on? :smile:
Reply 5387
Original post by taye_kelani
What time can you guys go to pick up your results? Like what time does your school open for collection??? Mine's 10:00am!

Posted from TSR Mobile

mines 9:00am!! :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 5388
For AQA English language I was 1 mark off a B in the exam (going by last years boundaries) and my coursework is all A* .. How much will the coursework bring my grade up?
Original post by Sulfur
Thank you! :smile: Where did your avatar go?

It just disappeared....
In reality though, I've been trying to look for an image that goes with my username (Eeyore is already taken). But I've had no luck as of yet.

Anyone who wants to keep their mind off results day, feel free to recommend any pictures
Reply 5390
Original post by megs:)
mines 9:00am!! :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

Lucky! Mines at 11:00am :frown:
Original post by popburrow
I had a dream about results day today too, though mine wasn't as adventurous as yours.

LOL what happened in your dream? And I have dreams like this often. I think it's because I was watching Harry Potter before I went to bed . . .
Original post by overthelove
Woah! That sounds like good news :smile: I think it is possible too! And also, for the first exam under a new spec, they should at least be nice with grade boundaries seeing as many people found them hard, particularly P3 and C3. With that said, I'm more scared about the Controlled Assessment than the exams because they could go horribly wrong! What did you do your controlled assessments on? :smile:
Hopefully we are right and logically we should be, my teacher said something like he expects the boundaries to be low so people get decent results to put confidence in the new spec, erm I forgot what we done CAs on as we done it I year 10, I think I got A*s but I cant remember, but I do know that one of my CAs is getting sent for moderation, I just hope I don't get marked down as every mark makes the difference. I think if the boundaries are harsh, it'll be 28 marks for a C for C3, 27 marks for a C in P3, but I have a feeling it could probably be lower, something like, 24 for a C in P3 and 27 for C3 as many people found those exams difficult, anyways good luck on results day and do you know what time edexcel release their boundaries ?
Good luck guys!
I've just done my AS but I just wanted to come on the GCSE results thread to wish you all good luck for Thursday. I remember how nervous I was last year, but it was so nice when my work had paid off :smile:
Remember, gcses aren't the "be all and end all", so don't get too upset if they aren't how you had hoped!
Also, good luck for your first year of A levels! I can't believe how quickly it has gone for me :frown: my best advice is to expect some subjects to really get much more difficult (chemistry hits you like a tonne of bricks in the first term- so does maths!), start thinking about what you want to apply for at uni ASAP, don't leave any work till the last minute, and don't panic if its hard at first because you get used to the change in pace/difficulty.
Most importantly have fun and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by things4life
Hopefully we are right and logically we should be, my teacher said something like he expects the boundaries to be low so people get decent results to put confidence in the new spec, erm I forgot what we done CAs on as we done it I year 10, I think I got A*s but I cant remember, but I do know that one of my CAs is getting sent for moderation, I just hope I don't get marked down as every mark makes the difference. I think if the boundaries are harsh, it'll be 28 marks for a C for C3, 27 marks for a C in P3, but I have a feeling it could probably be lower, something like, 24 for a C in P3 and 27 for C3 as many people found those exams difficult, anyways good luck on results day and do you know what time edexcel release their boundaries ?

Good Luck to you too! And yeah, that sounds about right. From what I've heard, it'll be anytime after 8am tomorrow I think :smile:
Reply 5395
Original post by Leahle
For AQA English language I was 1 mark off a B in the exam (going by last years boundaries) and my coursework is all A* .. How much will the coursework bring my grade up?

The grades are done by:
40% Exam
20% Speaking and Listening
40% Controlled Assessment ( 3 assessments 15%, 15%, 10%)

So if all your coursework is A* (including S&L) then even if you get 1 mark off a B you should be able to get an A maybe even an A* depending on whether your coursework was a high or low A*.
Original post by Caribbeantwist
Good luck guys!
I've just done my AS but I just wanted to come on the GCSE results thread to wish you all good luck for Thursday. I remember how nervous I was last year, but it was so nice when my work had paid off :smile:
Remember, gcses aren't the "be all and end all", so don't get too upset if they aren't how you had hoped!
Also, good luck for your first year of A levels! I can't believe how quickly it has gone for me :frown: my best advice is to expect some subjects to really get much more difficult (chemistry hits you like a tonne of bricks in the first term- so does maths!), start thinking about what you want to apply for at uni ASAP, don't leave any work till the last minute, and don't panic if its hard at first because you get used to the change in pace/difficulty.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much for your advice :smile: I hope you got what you wanted for your AS's, and good luck for your A2's :biggrin:
Reply 5397
Original post by Caribbeantwist
Good luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a helpful reminder too
Good luck on your A2 as well
Reply 5398
Original post by Squidgy
The grades are done by:
40% Exam
20% Speaking and Listening
40% Controlled Assessment ( 3 assessments 15%, 15%, 10%)

So if all your coursework is A* (including S&L) then even if you get 1 mark off a B you should be able to get an A maybe even an A* depending on whether your coursework was a high or low A*.

Thankyou :smile:
Does anyone know last years overall grade boundaries for AQA GCSE english language and english literature? PLEASE?! :dong:

Latest