The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by c3ntury
Well, I could easily say it's been half a year since I've been on a TSR Year X thread.

Pandora, UsyCool1, how've you both been?
This is a nice surprise! :smile:

I've been good thanks, how about you? Did your AS results go to plan? :smile:
Reply 961
Original post by Pandora.
This is a nice surprise! :smile:

I've been good thanks, how about you? Did your AS results go to plan? :smile:

I've been brilliant aye, written my personal statement, AS-level's went exactly to plan thankfully (bar one Maths module which I'll retake to turn the overall grade from a high C to an A), and I've spent the past few weeks catching up the partying I missed over exam season haha!

How about you?
fdf

How are you today? :smile:
Reply 963
Original post by theradioguy
Helloo Year 13's.. exciting isn't it! I'm relatively new to these forums, but I was wondering if people had started thinking about their Personal Statements? oooh one more thing if anybody is thinking of studying Media what unis are they looking to go too? Thanks:smile: :biggrin:
Welcome to the thread! :h:

I've already done my first draft of my PS (I had to, it wasn't of my own accord haha). It wasn't great though, so I'll have to do another one sometime soon. Have you started it yet? :smile:
Reply 964
Original post by CJG21
Neither can I. I've been rejected by every company I've talked to.

Would it be okay if we shadow a pharmacist or something?
Reply 965
Original post by Epic Flawless
Economics
AS Subjects: Mathematics (A), Further Mathematics (A), Economics (A), Physics (A)
A2 Subjects: Mathematics (Predicted A*), Further Mathematics (Predicted A*), Economics (Predicted A*), Physics (Predicted A*)
University choices: University of Cambridge, LSE, UCL, University of Warwick and University of Nottingham

So how much work do you guys have to do for school, when you return?

Wow, your grade is flawless.
Reply 966
Original post by c3ntury
I've been brilliant aye, written my personal statement, AS-level's went exactly to plan thankfully (bar one Maths module which I'll retake to turn the overall grade from a high C to an A), and I've spent the past few weeks catching up the partying I missed over exam season haha!

How about you?
Great news! I'm glad about that - which module was it in Maths? I'm glad someone has been partying, I've been stuck inside for most of the holidays. :tongue:

I'm really happy about my AS levels except from English, which I got a B in. I'll have to see if I can get a remark on that and if it'll be a positive outcome. Of not I'll probably resit that exam next year and tame a gap year. Hey ho, either way it should work out fine! I've done my 1st draft of my statement, so I only have to amend that and edit to make it the best possible. So yeah, pretty happy at the moment!
Original post by keromedic
How are you today? :smile:
I'm good thanks, you? I'm just watching the ExamSolutions videos on vectors sp that I can actually finish this homework haha.

I'm good thanks, you? I'm just watching the ExamSolutions videos on vectors sp that I can actually finish this homework haha.

How good of you :smile:. What are you stuck on?
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Fair enough, my school makes us get it done in the holidays, going into lower sixth?

My school hasn't even mentioned it, just that we have to do it. And no, I'm going into year 13.
Original post by SyedaK
Would it be okay if we shadow a pharmacist or something?

I don't think it will be relevant. I really need something though, my grades are letting me down.
Reply 970
Original post by keromedic
How good of you :smile:. What are you stuck on?
There isn't any real bit in particular that I'm stuck on, but I've had a few questions on perpendicular vectors and intersection points in which my answers seem a bit odd, so I'm just brushing up on those parts so that I can be sure I'm not missing anything. :smile:
Reply 971
Original post by CJG21
I don't think it will be relevant. I really need something though, my grades are letting me down.

You're not alone.
Original post by SyedaK
You're not alone.

^Same problem here too, physics though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by c3ntury
Well, I could easily say it's been half a year since I've been on a TSR Year X thread.

Pandora, UsyCool1, how've you both been?

Oh wow, welcome back! :biggrin: Nice to see many of the 'oldies' come back... :tongue:

I've not been bad thanks! Year 12s been a hard year (passes really quickly though!) and year 13s gonna be erm...fun. :tongue: How are you? :h:
Welcome to the thread! :h:

I've already done my first draft of my PS (I had to, it wasn't of my own accord haha). It wasn't great though, so I'll have to do another one sometime soon. Have you started it yet? :smile:

Oh haha well I haven't been asked too yet, just thought I'd start earlier! What sort of thing do you have to include/how do you structure it? I think it will be helpful to a lot of people on here! x:smile:
Original post by smile:D
Cool, I'm so far thinking Cambridge, UCL, Durham, Exeter and LSE (although that might change significantly :tongue:)

Good luck!! :biggrin:

Those are great uni's! :biggrin: I wish you the very best of luck :smile: Thanks!

Original post by Boy_wonder_95
:hi: I also live up North (kind of), Enfield is only a few bus stops away from me :tongue:

Awesome :biggrin: I haven't really come across anyone on TSR that lives up north. :tongue:
Original post by J_95

Haha, hopefully I can achieve those predicted grades but I hate my username; it makes me look too arrogant.

It's a shame that you can't make any puns out of your username; J_95 isn't exactly pun-material, if I say so myself.
Original post by furryface12
True that, free prescriptions would be a very useful thing to have! I'll just apply to Edinburgh and Glasgow anyway I think- if I don't get in I don't get in, I'm probably going to reapply next year anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's fine go for wherever you want :smile: Btw england pays for it hahaha
Original post by J_95

See the pun in the username :colone:
Reply 979
Original post by theradioguy
Oh haha well I haven't been asked too yet, just thought I'd start earlier! What sort of thing do you have to include/how do you structure it? I think it will be helpful to a lot of people on here! x:smile:
Well for mine, I started with a paragraph about why I wanted to study English. Then I wrote a bit about my A Level texts, followed by a paragraph on wider reading (and maybe another). Unlike a lot of people I don't have any extra curriculars that are relevant, so I have a bit more room for Englishy stuff. :smile:

I'm unsure about Media, but you could try looking in the TSR PS archive? :smile:

Original post by justanotherindigo
I haven't really come across anyone on TSR that lives up north. :tongue:
:wink:

Latest