The Student Room Group

22 August 2013 GCSE results: Grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zerock
Does the "Small drop" in science grades apply to the unit 3 exams and is it specific to an exam board?

The small drop refers too a decline in the population achieving each grade. As, the exams are made tougher and harder, it should see a decline in the amount of people getting each grade, than it has been in previous years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
What time are grade boundaries coming out?
Original post by shloke123
Just wondering, are grade boundaries released tonight at midnight for AQA? Oh and the person who was inquiring about the english language marks, exam is out of 80, speaking and listening is out of 45 and the controlled assessments are out of 80. A total of 205. I dont think English language grade boundaries will be published until results day as those who took the exam in january already know their raw marks. I have a total of 179/205. Thats 5 marks above the A* boundary from last year, I really hope they dont increase by 6 or more marks!

Hey thanks for answering, btw what do u think a b would be, because i kind of flopped my jan test and i think i got smewhere between 131 and 140
Original post by SportsFan

8 am apparently

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by SportsFan

There is no set time.
Original post by usycool1
There is no set time.

Just don't bother answering... :tongue:
Reply 66
Ermmm guys do any of you think that the grade boundaries will be increased for biology and media studies?
And the grade boundaries will be out at 8am tomorrow aaarrgh
Reply 67
Why are people saying 8am tomorrow? Where did that figure come from? AQA said 1 day before results day, therefore the 21st. At midnight it will be the 21st so I don't see a reason as to why the grade boundaries won't be released then :P
Reply 68
it says it on the aqa website the grade boundaries released at midnight are only for teachers nd stuff but for us we'll be able to see the grade boundaries at 8am. But if it is on the internet tonight and not on the aqa website i believe it has been leaked :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Are there any WJEC grade boundaries that have been released? In physics in particular?
Original post by Basket case
Why don't wjec release it tomorrow :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because WJEC hate students :lol: same reason I don't have an official English grade from January :unimpressed:
Original post by Kateox
Are there any WJEC grade boundaries that have been released? In physics in particular?

No they probably won't be released until 22nd.. You can probably find January's though :smile:
Hi Guys I am an A level student, and i'm not sure if you have them already but here are the

EDEXCEL GCSE GRADE BOUNDARIES:

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/GCSE%20Composite%201306%20v2.pdf
Reply 74
Original post by Blue15
it says it on the aqa website the grade boundaries released at midnight are only for teachers nd stuff but for us we'll be able to see the grade boundaries at 8am. But if it is on the internet tonight and not on the aqa website i believe it has been leaked :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

where does it say that on the aqa website? could you link me please :smile:

Original post by the A* guy
Hi Guys I am an A level student, and i'm not sure if you have them already but here are the

EDEXCEL GCSE GRADE BOUNDARIES:

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/GCSE%20Composite%201306%20v2.pdf

Thanks both, I've edited a link into the OP. :five:
Original post by Illusionary
Thanks both, I've edited a link into the OP. :five:

:smile:

Happy with those! Very happy...
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:smile:

Happy with those! Very happy...

Aren't you an a level student as well?
Reply 78