The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5480
Original post by LFC Jake
Yep :biggrin:

YAY :adore:

How did you find the exams?
Original post by Leahle
Sixth forms expect 5 A*-C including maths and english so Im sure you would get in.

and Id imagine it to be the same as 2 Gcses :smile:

Thanks, I'm just really worried I will fail and will not get in :frown:
Reply 5482
Can anyone help me?
in y9 I did a level1 btec performing arts (acting)
Then half way through y11 my 2 year course for dance gcse was changed to a level 2 btec performing arts (dance).
my teacher told me they would combine to be some form of diploma and I was wondering what that is/ equivalent to?
Reply 5483
did anyone do wjec geography and how did they find it?
Edexcel triple science anyone?
Reply 5485
Original post by 08boothc
Thanks, I'm just really worried I will fail and will not get in :frown:

Well from hearing the grades you have so far I think you have a very good chance of getting in and doing well with other results :smile:
Original post by IAmEchelon
I know my coursework, it was a B (1 off an A :biggrin:) What about you?

My coursework was an A and my exam was an A* so it all depends on the grade boundaries with what i will come out with.That's really good i only just got an A in my coursework. Your exam is worth 50% too so who knows you could come out with an overall of an A!:biggrin:
Reply 5487
Original post by elixirs
YAY :adore:

How did you find the exams?

Well i did the Unit 1 last year(not sure if it was different for you) and to be honest i found it pretty easy and got 90 UMS in it.

The unit 2 i found more difficult, i think it was Power that i was really confident on out of the 4 and i ended up doing the other 3 :rolleyes:

Going to be doing it at A level, a subject i didn't think i'd enjoy but i find it really interesting.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5488
Original post by Youdontneedtokno

Over here :wavey:
Reply 5489
Original post by LFC Jake
Well i did the Unit 1 last year(not sure if it was different for you) and to be honest i found it pretty easy and got 90 UMS in it.

The unit 2 i found more difficult, i think it was Power that i was really confident on out of the 4 and i ended up doing the other 3 :rolleyes:

Going to be doing it at A level, a subject i didn't think i'd enjoy but i find it really interesting.

Well done! Yup I did Unit 1! I got 96 UMS

I agree, timing and 12 markers were hard for this one! We didn't learn power at all, we were just instructed to do the other 3

Ooh I see, well have fun with it:wink:! Personally, I can't wait to get rid of it!
Original post by Dalek1099
No they won't have, even Oxbridge are OK with average GCSE grades as long as you get good A-Levels and there is no chance of not getting the grades I need for the subjects I want to study.

They might have been. For example, for a very competitive course such as medicine, your GCSE grades are very important and will distinguish you between the thousands of other applicants all fighting for a place too.
Hoping for best, expecting worst.
I completed my Maths GCSE early with an A* so that grade is already locked in and a B in Short Course Psychology.

I am hoping for a few more A*'s, even if it's just another one or two, but the more I wait, the more anxious I get and I try to think back to how I did and the more I do, the worse I think I've done.
Was wondering if anyone has any ideas to help me stop doing this? I haven't got any hobbies so there isn't anything I could really do to take my mind off of it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5492
Hi everyone , I can't believe that there's only 2 days left! Does anyone else have a sickly feeling in their stomach whenever the thought of results comes into their mind? I don't know how to get rid of it :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5493

Me
Reply 5494
Hello all,

Results day a few days away and I just had a question:
I did a Young Apprenticeship in Business and got 4 Distinctions so will these count as 4 A's at gcse (it was a btec), school told me it's equivalent to 4 A's. And will these 4 A's count as 1 A*-C grade or 4?

Please help. Thanks!
Reply 5495
Original post by elixirs
Well done! Yup I did Unit 1! I got 96 UMS

I agree, timing and 12 markers were hard for this one! We didn't learn power at all, we were just instructed to do the other 3

Ooh I see, well have fun with it:wink:! Personally, I can't wait to get rid of it!

Congrats on the 96 UMS :smile:

Yeah i also agree, found the 12 m's much easier last time round. We learned all 4 topics so we would be able to rule one out if we didn't like the questions.

Hopefully i'll enjoy it, from what i could gather at the open evenings etc is that the topics are similar/the same from the GCSE but are more in depth and require more knowledge as there are higher mark questions.

Good luck with the Unit 2 and the rest of the results on Thursday!
Original post by Basket case
Good luck to you too^.^
The
Interview was vile! They were really stuck up! We were filling up ltd of
Forums while they just sat there and talked annoyingly about there honeymoons... Pricks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: And aw were they THAT bad? Why would they talk about honeymoons? Maybe they wanted not make the atmosphere so serious? I've got my interview for WHS next week. A group one. Any tips? It's my first time :s-smilie: Oh and did you get the job then?
Reply 5497

Yup!

How'd you find it?
Original post by pathosL
did anyone do wjec geography and how did they find it?

Which spec?

I did Unit 2 with Tourism, Urban And Retail Change and Coasts :smile:
Original post by H0PEL3SS
Our predictions were set by a CATs test we took in early year 10. Over time, everyone at my school had their targets moved up or down separate from other subjects. My targets were all A's that went up for a few subjects, although I don't think I'll meet half of them.

I think my GCSE predictions were set by my sats tests that I did in Y6 because my maths teacher said that one pupil had a target of an A because they only got a Level 5c in their sats where as a different pupil who was predicted an A* got a Level 5a even though this pupil was always going to do worse than this other pupil things change over 5 years.

However,I think my Y9 predicted levels were set by where I lived because some of them were shockingly low because I come from a poor family.

Latest