The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5520
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Hmmm... It was fine! I only needed a B ish for an A* overall, so I think I've done that I hope!:rofl:

did you take one of the exams last year?
Original post by pathosL
most people do better on ca than exams when it comes to languages, but it all depends on your ums

I have no idea about UMS :s-smilie: all I know is that I don't think I've dropped more than 5 marks on each exam if that's any indication :L
Anyone do edexcel sports/PE?? i thought it would be so easy but the exam was hard and i reckon it will be my worst grade :frown:
Original post by pathosL
did you take one of the exams last year?

Yeah, the first exam was worth 40% :biggrin:
Reply 5524
Original post by CelineBean
I have no idea about UMS :s-smilie: all I know is that I don't think I've dropped more than 5 marks on each exam if that's any indication :L

wow then you prob got the 40% in the exam, so you need 50% from the CA which is a mid A
Reply 5525

how did they let you take it a year early lol?
Reply 5526
Me! :biggrin:

same :smile:

what subject are you talking about?
Original post by pathosL
geography B?

I did! Found it okay, I was lucky that I was confident on all the case studies they asked for however not so confident on everything else. It's hard to gage how you've with WJEC considering so much of the marking is left to the examiners discretion :confused:
Original post by Lucky260
Unfortunately your grade depends on how everyone else has done and it's another day of wondering where you are on the spectrum. (I'm so optimistic.)

Can the exam boards not just accidentally leak our results to our inboxes? Now would be great. ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

You really don't want them to do that because if that did happen you would be questioning about whether those were the real grades or just some elaborate prank and you would be in mental agony until results day and I'm already in mental agony and I have heard of results pranks before.
Reply 5530
Original post by Piledriver
I did! Found it okay, I was lucky that I was confident on all the case studies they asked for however not so confident on everything else. It's hard to gage how you've with WJEC considering so much of the marking is left to the examiners discretion :confused:

i found it ok too, i felt like it wasn't really geography more like opinions don't you think? like most questions you couldn't have revised for and had to rely on your onthespot thinking skills. it's risky tbh but i hope i did ok
Original post by Dalek1099
Not necessarily.Its important to look at the Grade Boundaries the day before because I have some good ideas on the marks I have got and I want to see the Maths Unit 3 Grade Boundaries to see how many UMS I have lost for that silly mistake with the square question and I need to see whether they have dropped the Grade Boundaries for the french Listening because I am pretty sure i have dropped all of the 8 marks of writing about embarrassing situations.

How could YOU, the cleverest person in this world mess up on the square question. The answer was 56cm, didn't you get that?
are all the exam boards equal difficulty?
Reply 5533
heyy......does anyone know wen the grade boundaries will be publishedd......wat time tomorroww??
Original post by NedSchool
How could YOU, the cleverest person in this world mess up on the square question. The answer was 56cm, didn't you get that?

what maths paper was it?
Original post by pathosL
how did they let you take it a year early lol?

Everyone did the core exam in year ten, we're one of the few schools who attempt it!

Glad we did, because I got full UMS which means I around 129/200 UMS already (if I dock one UMS from coursework) with the last exam being /70.

Original post by Millerman
what subject are you talking about?

Geography :smile:
Original post by Mallory
same :smile:

How'd you find the unit 3's? :smile:
Original post by Millerman
what maths paper was it?

The paper was AQA Maths Unit 3- taken on Friday June 14 2013. Square question was from Q5-Q10
Reply 5538
How'd you find the unit 3's? :smile:

they were quite easy , but I was resitting , I did them in year 10 , then resat them in March
Reply 5539
Everyone did the core exam in year ten, we're one of the few schools who attempt it!

Glad we did, because I got full UMS which means I around 129/200 UMS already (if I dock one UMS from coursework) with the last exam being /70.

Geography :smile:

it took our school the whole of year 10 and half of year 11 to do the 2 controlled assessments, we had 3 or 4 months to learn the content and i didn't bother revising cus i felt like all hope was lost :s-smilie: i hope it all goes well though