The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Original post by Red Fox
Anyone here a Youtuber? Also, what are your favourite channels?

I'm not a YouTuber, but I like VlogBrothers (and all their other channels too), DailyGrace, WheezyWaiter, charlieissocoollike and Sorted Food to name a few.
Reply 1041
Reply 1042
Original post by emcat
I'm not a YouTuber, but I like VlogBrothers (and all their other channels too), DailyGrace, WheezyWaiter, charlieissocoollike and Sorted Food to name a few.

Yes @ Dailygrace
Reply 1043
Okay, guys I need some recommendations.

Which pen is the best for long duration writing?

And which notepads are best for maths?
Original post by zed963
Pvp
Vsauce
Linustechtips
GFvsBF
CTFxC
Shaytards
Hodgetwins
Examsolutions

Also I do find the random lecture from MIT or Harvard regarding physics interesting .

Used to watch GFvsBF everyday but I don't really watch them anymore. Vsauce is just so good, I just wish he released videos more often (I know they take time to make but they're so interesting and informative:smile:). minutephysics, minuteearth and ASAPscience are other good science channels.
Original post by Red Fox
Used to watch GFvsBF everyday but I don't really watch them anymore. Vsauce is just so good, I just wish he released videos more often (I know they take time to make but they're so interesting and informative:smile:). minutephysics, minuteearth and ASAPscience are other good science channels.

Periodic Videos Is really good too! Some are so interesting! Also, Martyn Poliakoff is the coolest chemist ever!
Reply 1046
Original post by Red Fox

Very interesting.
Original post by emcat

VlogBrothers! Love John Green!
Reply 1048
Original post by zed963
Okay, guys I need some recommendations.

Which pen is the best for long duration writing?

And which notepads are best for maths?

I prefer quite thick pens .. and ones with 4 colours :awesome: but i'm sure there are pens with like a special grip for comfort :smile:

Definitely an A4 one that's all I can say really :lol: but you want rather thick paper so it doesn't rip and engrave the other pages and I prefer A glued top rather than the spine :smile:
Original post by RagaZ
can't flippin wait to start sixth form!!! this summer has been long and tiring just wanna get back into a routine

I feel the same too!
I have waited long enough to be going college!!
Reply 1050
Original post by techno836
I prefer quite thick pens .. and ones with 4 colours :awesome: but i'm sure there are pens with like a special grip for comfort :smile:

Definitely an A4 one that's all I can say really :lol: but you want rather thick paper so it doesn't rip and engrave the other pages and I prefer A glued top rather than the spine :smile:

Don't the ones with glue just start to rip off?
Reply 1051
Original post by harrybithell196
VlogBrothers! Love John Green!

Another Nerdfighter! I love John's books.
Reply 1052
Original post by zed963
Don't the ones with glue just start to rip off?

Perhaps however that's my homework notepad so I need it to be able to tear off .. I have a normal exercise book for writing stuff down and that :smile:
So I found one of the cassettes in the Garage with 'U2' written on it, call me naive but I expected it to be a U2 album. It contained some Everton songs, before suddenly playing Madonna, I'm sceptical about anything I read now
Original post by MattFletcher
So I found one of the cassettes in the Garage with 'U2' written on it, call me naive but I expected it to be a U2 album. It contained some Everton songs, before suddenly playing Madonna, I'm sceptical about anything I read now

Were there any U2 songs at all? :redface:
(edited 10 years ago)

Hahah, the days when people would record over your videos and cassettes. I have to say it has happened to me too!
Original post by SophF_rth
Haha, ;D
It's only 5 miles it not too far! 15m car ride or bus which take 20m walk (or 5 min bus) plus 20m bus ride!

How far did you travel? Do you have to go further now or not?

How far is the college from your house?
I'm guessing you will be taking a bus to get there everyday??

Well my sixth form is 25 mins by bus.
But I prefer to take a walk through the park to go school everyday instead of taking the bus - walking is 35 mins.
I try to avoid the annoying kids (from the younger years in my school) on the bus as much as possible because they are always pushing and shoving.
They are extremely irritating and it's definitely not the best bus journey ever.
So yh, I've kind of boycotted the bus service on weekdays.

To go college, I will have to take 2 buses - 1 hour long.
I will have some trouble getting on the 1st bus because it's normally overcrowded with students who go to another college close by.

Tbh, I do find it annoying but I'm used to overcrowded buses.
After all, this is london!
Original post by blamethenargles
I'm literally playing year of the dragon right now:-D

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love Year of the Dragon! I suck so badly at the skateboard challenges though :mad:
Reply 1058

Nothing wrong with a bit of old Madge :wink:
Original post by techno836
haha its just TSR nearly everybody is medicine applicant :lol:

and Leeds, Sheffield, Hull/York and Manchester I think (although the last one is subject to change :colondollar: )

I haven't seen that actually :colondollar: have you seen Pearl Harbour ? :-)

I think my laptop is giving up on me :emo:

Yeah, Pearl Harbour is sad too :frown:

Latest