The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

My day WILL go well today.
Already phoned the drs and my dr is phoning me back to check things over for the drs note for uni.
My personal statement is done for the EC, just need to do the form :smile:
Im waiting on the cat lady as we have ferrel cats and there catching them to spay and flea them and stuff
And im gonna get my monkey finished :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6281
In a space of a few months, i've messages a few people to say how are they? Etc and none of them have replied (except one which was half assed for which I replied again only for them not to reply). No one messages me either or texts or whatever to ask how I am. I wish I felt liked and welcome(d) sometimes :sad:
Original post by IDukem
In a space of a few months, i've messages a few people to say how are they? Etc and none of them have replied (except one which was half assed for which I replied again only for them not to reply). No one messages me either or texts or whatever to ask how I am. I wish I felt liked and welcome(d) sometimes :sad:

I know exactly how you feel. Here's an idea that I'm too shy to pull off myself; tell them exactly how you feel. If they're good friends, they'll take a minute or two out of their day to text you if they're not busy. If they just laugh, ditch the lot of them. Honestly, it's happened to me too many times for someone my age. >:frown:
Reply 6283
Original post by Super Koopa
I know exactly how you feel. Here's an idea that I'm too shy to pull off myself; tell them exactly how you feel. If they're good friends, they'll take a minute or two out of their day to text you if they're not busy. If they just laugh, ditch the lot of them. Honestly, it's happened to me too many times for someone my age. >:frown:

I'm too shy/worried about rejection to do that. For people with confidence, that'll be an ace advice though :smile:
Original post by IDukem

My friends never ask if im alright, but i think they just assume me to be fine. Maybe its a similar thing for you?

I feel like I've been left behind since most of my mates have a job and/or partner, but im stuck, barely able to function.

You're never truly alone though, you have us guys on here :hugs:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6285
Urghhhhhhh. Can't do thisssss :cry:
Original post by 08batee

yes you can :jumphug:

PM me if you need. or if you want, you can have my skype stuff
:penguinhug:
Reply 6287
Original post by Meaty_man
My friends never ask if im alright, but i think they just assume me to be fine. Maybe its a similar thing for you?

I feel like I've been left behind since most of my mates have a job and/or partner, but im stuck, barely able to function.

You're never truly alone though, you have us guys on here :hugs:
Posted from TSR Mobile

My "friends" probably don't realise I exist until i wish them happy birthday!! i'm tired of starting again in terms of friendships and i'm often content with me standing alone now. But I was hoping it wouldn't get to that stage.

Yes, I feel exatcly the same!! People went of to uni and made new friendships (which is fine, I have no issue against that), but when they come back from Uni, they don't make any effort and any effort I make just gets ignored it seems. All I can say is, if they're not present during my struggles, they better not prepare to be there for my success cause they won't be invited. Sorry if that sounds cruel :smile:

Thank you, it's nice to have soem reassurance :hugs:

Original post by 08batee

:hugs: :hugs:

Hang in there, I wish you well!!

Reply 6288
Original post by PonchoKid
yes you can :jumphug:

PM me if you need. or if you want, you can have my skype stuff

Original post by IDukem

:hugs: :hugs:

Hang in there, I wish you well!!

Thanks guys :cry2: :hugs:
Original post by IDukem
I'm too shy/worried about rejection to do that. For people with confidence, that'll be an ace advice though :smile:

I guess you're in the same position as me, then: you want to change how you're being treated, but fear of rejection and being isolated are holding you back. Now here's a story:

I found out someone's true colours by telling them something (it was the name of the girl I liked). They were supposed to be my best friend, but no, they instantly told everyone and she knew within the next day. I got revenge by telling the girl he liked that he felt that way towards her, and then the slimy toad threatened to kill me. Apparently, my friends all tell me to let it go because it wasn't serious, though; I'm living in fear of my life, and I have been for two months. The torture he has brought upon me is unbearable, even though he was supposed to be a friend.

Maybe you could try the same; see how quickly it takes for someone to spread one of your secrets. It doesn't need to be a real secret, but the key to working out what type of person they are is to watch how they react to your retaliation. If you make up instantaneously or very soon after, then you'rte porbably good friends. If they lie about you, spread more rumours and threaten to kill you, they're a toxic person whom you shouldn't even want to breathe the same air as. The person's done that to me twice, but once I was too young to harbour any resentment; don't let that happen to you, and DON'T LET A SINGLE SOUL THREATEN YOU OR MAKE YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE FOR SUCH A CHILDISH REASON!

There we go, rant-advice over. :biggrin:
Reply 6290
Original post by Super Koopa
I guess you're in the same position as me, then: you want to change how you're being treated, but fear of rejection and being isolated are holding you back. Now here's a story:

I found out someone's true colours by telling them something (it was the name of the girl I liked). They were supposed to be my best friend, but no, they instantly told everyone and she knew within the next day. I got revenge by telling the girl he liked that he felt that way towards her, and then the slimy toad threatened to kill me. Apparently, my friends all tell me to let it go because it wasn't serious, though; I'm living in fear of my life, and I have been for two months. The torture he has brought upon me is unbearable, even though he was supposed to be a friend.

Maybe you could try the same; see how quickly it takes for someone to spread one of your secrets. It doesn't need to be a real secret, but the key to working out what type of person they are is to watch how they react to your retaliation. If you make up instantaneously or very soon after, then you'rte porbably good friends. If they lie about you, spread more rumours and threaten to kill you, they're a toxic person whom you shouldn't even want to breathe the same air as. The person's done that to me twice, but once I was too young to harbour any resentment; don't let that happen to you, and DON'T LET A SINGLE SOUL THREATEN YOU OR MAKE YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE FOR SUCH A CHILDISH REASON!

There we go, rant-advice over. :biggrin:

Thanks for the reply, but I wouldn't nor don't tell people any secrets cause they're just that 'secrets'. also due to me not talking to pretty much anyone, I don't really have anyone to tell my secrets too. My isolation is partly self-inflicted (it's really complicated so I don't go into detail) so I blame myself as much as other people if not more.

Thank you for your reply though, I wish you all the best and I hope things improve for you :smile:
so my dr is doing me a note, and has also signed me of for the next 14 days aswell :woo:
i have my personal statement done
and filled in the form,

just have to pick up the note tomorrow and then get it all sent to uni :smile:

just so glad shes done it, cos then ill get my extenuating circumstances, and can then carry on my degree!
so my dr is doing me a note, and has also signed me of for the next 14 days aswell :woo:
i have my personal statement done
and filled in the form,

just have to pick up the note tomorrow and then get it all sent to uni :smile:

just so glad shes done it, cos then ill get my extenuating circumstances, and can then carry on my degree!

Awesome!

Really happy for you :smile:
Original post by danny111
Awesome!

Really happy for you :smile:

thankyou

jusst hope it all falls into place.
so complicated and alot of effort!
Reply 6294
I know everyone here has their problems and that i'm not one of the central members of this thread. But I really need someone to talk to me tonight.
Original post by zonkfrog
I know everyone here has their problems and that i'm not one of the central members of this thread. But I really need someone to talk to me tonight.

can PM me if you like :hugs:
Reply 6296
can PM me if you like :hugs:

I think I PM'd you but my internet cut out. typical
Reply 6297
Having another really really terrible day :cry: :cry: Honestly at my wits end
Im new to this thread but just wondered of anyone else has been prescribed risperidone??? I started taking it yesterday (been on 30g citalopram for 5 years) & have had horrid side effects, dizziness is the worst, feel like I cant go outside in case I'll fall over!!! Someone tell me it'll get better or i'll have to stop taking it!!!
Original post by 08batee
Having another really really terrible day :cry: :cry: Honestly at my wits end

:console: what's up? here if you wanna talk :smile:

----

housing charity cancelled on me cause apparently they can't actually get the council to do anything else unless my mum writes a letter evicting me :erm:

really not liking all the uncertainty in my life right now, so many things are up in the air, so many things I don't know what will happen with, and that's on top of my mood being shaky at best right now as well, just want some stability and certainty in my life, ironically the psychiatrist said that if I have that I will probably be a lot better, just a shame getting to that point seems to be nigh on impossible.

Latest