The Student Room Group

Kissed/touched another guy but does my boyfriend have to know?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Anonymous
I haven't told him yet cause it's his birthday next week :frown:.

That's no excuse not to tell him! It's not like you'd be telling him on his birthday ^_^
You have to tell him.

Relationships are built on trust - and if my boyfriend got so hammered he kissed another girl, I'd want to know. I'd probably be less angry for his honesty, and be more likely to know it meant nothing. I'd be angry at him for a while, but if he genuinely didn't know what he was doing (which I find hard to believe, but for OP's sake I'll play) then I'd forgive.

If, however, I found out and he hadn't told me. I'd be angrier at the lies and deceit than the actual act itself!
Reply 122
Girls like you make me feel sick. Your boyfriend doesn't deserve you, give the guy some dignity and walk away from the relationship. He can clearly do better than being with a lying cheat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last weekend I went out with a couple of my friends and got fairly drunk, there was this guy who kept coming up to me/dancing with me and I was kind flirting with him. I ended up getting quite intimate with him, we kissed and touched each other a bit but we NEVER slept together nor did I go back to his. Now my friends have all told me not to say anything to my boyfriend because it meant NOTHING and it is complete out of character for me to do such a thing but I can't cope with it and I feel so guilty because it is so unlike me.

What do you guys think I should do?

I don't want to give too much away in terms of my boyfriend/how long we have been together because I know he goes on this site quite a bit hence why I am anon.

tell him,

not telling him turns this little "nothing" into actually a something. Your boyfriend needs to know so that he can decide what to do, if you don't tell him it shows you have no respect for him and there really is very little point continuing your relationship. |
Regardless of whether or not it was meaningless it still happened and you have to own up to it and face what happens. There is no excuse for cheating because of drink. Kissing is one thing, but snogging and continuing to the point of getting rather "hands on" with each other is quite another thing.
I haven't told him yet cause it's his birthday next week :frown:.

You're not going to tell him, are you?
Reply 125
Original post by im so academic
You're not going to tell him, are you?

I feel sick thinking about it, my hands are sweating as I am typing this message. I can't cope with losing him :frown:, but I will once his birthday is over with as I have brought him an amazing gift which I know will bring a smile to his face.
I feel sick thinking about it, my hands are sweating as I am typing this message. I can't cope with losing him :frown:, but I will once his birthday is over with as I have brought him an amazing gift which I know will bring a smile to his face.

No! Gift giving isn't going to make it better - if anything he might just think you've given him a gift to soften him up. Just tell him now, it is honestly the best thing to do!
Reply 127
What a dick. Just because someone treats you like ****, it doesn't give you the right to do that to other people.

However, he is right about never falling in love. I often get crushes, usually thinking that the guy is the most amazing person ever, then another one comes and the image of the previous guy goes away, and then I think the new guy is the most amazing person ever - and so on and so forth.

It's stupid.

There's a fairly significant difference between a crush and the stage where you might be in love, I'm not sure you can be in love with someone unless they reciprocate the original crush and you get into a relationship, as you won't know them well enough.
(edited 10 years ago)
I know a guy who is known as a player in our community. He gave me one piece of advice he said was essential.

"Never fall in love"

He told me its the most BS thing that you can get into. He said he fell in love, and each time the girl cheated on him and it ripped him apart. Now he has multiple "girlfriends", and said "its all about making them think you love them, convince them you are, but never actually fall in love, have something to hold to in case **** goes wrong and you actually do trip over and fall"

Just some advice im forwarding.

That's quite sad :erm:
Don't tell him. If you tell him he will lose faith and trust in you, become paranoid and be pissed off. Better for him that he doesnt know.
Silly question.

BE HONEST.
Original post by zzFishstick
Don't tell him. If you tell him he will lose faith and trust in you, become paranoid and be pissed off. Better for him that he doesnt know.

How would you feel if your girlfriend did that behind your back and you found out months later?
It's disgusting. If that happened to her, she would be all over here crying about it, but because she did it, it's OK?

The fact that she stressed she didn't have sex with him made it worse. So it's OK to get off with someone as long as you don't do the deed?

I may be wrong, but I'm of the belief that if you're in the relationship, you stay faithful with that person.

People these days, they take their partners for granted. If I ever have a boyfriend, I would never do any of this **** and make him feel appreciated.

Disgraceful woman.

I think i'm falling in love with you
Oh just because you didn't have sex everything is rosy and rainbows? OP, you make me sick.

Well you should tell him, that's my point. You should lose him. He deserves better than you.

What did you buy him?

Because nothing you can buy can change the fact that you cheated on him.
Reply 136
Well you should tell him, that's my point. You should lose him. He deserves better than you.

What did you buy him?

Because nothing you can buy can change the fact that you cheated on him.

We are going away for 2 weeks to Dubai to get away from everything and have a fresh new start (he has always wanted to go there).
We are going away for 2 weeks to Dubai to get away from everything and have a fresh new start (he has always wanted to go there).

You need to be careful in Dubai as an unmarried couple.
Reply 138
You a disgrace to all the girls out there! My GF cheated on me recently and I know exactly how it feels. Your BF put trust in you and was cool with you being out and about only because he knew you wouldn't do anything as such. I broke up with my gf straight away. She didn't tell me, I found out. I really hope he breaks up with you, so you realise what you have done. And people might say it was a drunken mistake, but it was your choice and not a mistake! Girls like you don't deserve to be in a relationship. Tell him asap and let him make the decision, which I hope is a break up, so he can find someone else, someone who's more worth him. And as for you, it will make you realise how stupid you are, so the next unfortunate person you are with, will hopefully never be cheated on.

Last weekend I went out with a couple of my friends and got fairly drunk, there was this guy who kept coming up to me/dancing with me and I was kind flirting with him. I ended up getting quite intimate with him, we kissed and touched each other a bit but we NEVER slept together nor did I go back to his. Now my friends have all told me not to say anything to my boyfriend because it meant NOTHING and it is complete out of character for me to do such a thing but I can't cope with it and I feel so guilty because it is so unlike me.

What do you guys think I should do?

I don't want to give too much away in terms of my boyfriend/how long we have been together because I know he goes on this site quite a bit hence why I am anon.
You should tell him. Stuff like this always comes back round to bite you, and when it does, you'll be far better off if you did the decent thing and told him about it. He might break up with you, he might not. But you should at least respect him enough to give him the option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending