The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pandora.
Thank you, I think I need one of those oxygen masks from a hospital! :eek3: Just a few more questions left! :ahee:

And tomorrow I go through the same with functions. :eek2: By the end kf the week, it'll be mostly over though. And I can't wait.
I should have spotted that too :facepalm2:

Oh dear. It's really not my night. :teehee:

It's just summer homework thankfully! :biggrin:

Haha, the two bad things!:eek: I promise it gets better :')
Original post by mynameisntbobk
How do you cope? Do you not run out of 'new' clothes?

That's true, its very rare to see a yellow suit available to buy. I actually recently bought a blue suit, blue suits are the best tbh

oh I don't do blue suits :nope: ... I have grey suits and blue shirts or ties :biggrin:

Original post by Pandora.
Thing is, we got vectors done and dusted before the holidays. :redface:

I've no doubt I'll crack it in the end, but it's harder when there's the pressure of an assignment to give in. :smile:

oh haha :lol: well my teacher hates vectors so she get's a different teacher in just for those lessons :colondollar: :rofl: you have plenty of time yet :smile:
Original post by techno836
oh I don't do blue suits :nope: ... I have grey suits and blue shirts or ties :biggrin:

1. How can you not do blue suits?
2. Grey suit with a blue tie is very risky
Original post by furryface12
That too, I guess we'll just have to deal with it though- there's been campaign after campaign by different groups, but it doesn't seem to get very far! At least we have a free health service which is more than most countries do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Touch wood many mps are trying to erode it.
Original post by Blueray2
Touch wood many mps are trying to erode it.

Ok, so for the time being we have a free health service... better than nothing :tongue:
1. How can you not do blue suits?
2. Grey suit with a blue tie is very risky

because EVERYBODY has blue suits where I go ... and some are BRIGHT blue :lol:
why is it risky ? I have many different ties anyway :lol:
Damn, the Summer went fast. I planned so much and did so little.

Anyway:

Maths: A(90+%)
Physics: A (85%)
History: B (76%)
English Lit: C (who knows, I hated it)

Well, you may be able to tell what I'm dropping next year. Good luck to all!

I'm student president and starting EPQ and Japanese lessons, so next year is going to be busy! Good for UCAS though :wink:
because EVERYBODY has blue suits where I go ... and some are BRIGHT blue :lol:
why is it risky ? I have many different ties anyway :lol:

Because blue suits are the best. :lol: at the bright ones though.
Grey and blue.. it all depends on the patterns and shades as well
Original post by frazer151
Damn, the Summer went fast. I planned so much and did so little.

Anyway:

Maths: A(90+%)
Physics: A (85%)
History: B (76%)
English Lit: C (who knows, I hated it)

Well, you may be able to tell what I'm dropping next year. Good luck to all!

I'm student president and starting EPQ and Japanese lessons, so next year is going to be busy! Good for UCAS though :wink:

I feel the same haha! all I did is maths really :colone:

Nice scores overall - I don't want to be assuming but do you want to do something in Science, because those Maths and Physics scores seem to indicate that, nice history score as well :smile:

Thanks, you too.

Sounds very interesting - I'd love to learn some Japanese but I'm just too lazy at learning languages :tongue:
Because blue suits are the best. :lol: at the bright ones though.
Grey and blue.. it all depends on the patterns and shades as well

it does but I have enough dress sense for that :cool: .. and I have my mum :lol:
Hey guys :smile:

I used to be quite active on this forum but haven't been on in ages! I hope everyone's exams went well! Year 12 has flown by! :eek:

Geography = A 96%
Maths = A 92%
Physics = A 89%
Economics = A 93.5%
Gen Studies = B 74%

Looking to do a degree in Geography :biggrin:
Changing my mind once again. Not applying to barts, but instead, Nottingham :smile:

:woo: :woo: :woo: :party2:

I love this thread :sexface:
DISCUSSION: What is everyone doing EC-wise to make themselves "stand out" when applying to universities? Let's get some inspiration rollingggggg :biggrin:
Original post by Robbie242
I feel the same haha! all I did is maths really :colone:

Nice scores overall - I don't want to be assuming but do you want to do something in Science, because those Maths and Physics scores seem to indicate that, nice history score as well :smile:

Thanks, you too.

Sounds very interesting - I'd love to learn some Japanese but I'm just too lazy at learning languages :tongue:

Well, compared to many my grades suck. But ahh well. And yea, but I plan on moving to Japan after University, so I wan't to have about 3/4 years of Japanese by the time of get there. I plan on doing Computer Science.
Reply 1054
Original post by AwkwardLemur
DISCUSSION: What is everyone doing EC-wise to make themselves "stand out" when applying to universities? Let's get some inspiration rollingggggg :biggrin:

I applied last year and will be going to university this year (I posted regularly on here last year :colondollar:)

I did anatomy and physiology workshops- involved dissections, tutored in biology, did some work experience in clinical settings and the oceanography center, CSLA, organised a fundraising event and played lacrosse for the regional team, biology olympiad, extra reading that's off the top of my head :redface:
(edited 10 years ago)

I feel like I don't have much room to put ECs in my personal statement but I've mentioned my volunteering, my entry into an essay competition where I was shortlisted, LSE open lectures that I attended, reading that I've done, work experience at JPMorgan, participation at a debating competition, sports (in the chess and rugby team). I actually have a DofE silver but it isn't spectular/relevant enough to be mentioned? How about you?
(edited 10 years ago)
it does but I have enough dress sense for that :cool: .. and I have my mum :lol:

Fair enough :tongue: although from my experience, mums know nothing about suits :tongue:
Original post by Endless Blue
:woo: :woo: :woo: :party2:

I love this thread :sexface:

I take it you're planning on applying there as well :biggrin:

I detect a hint of sarcasm here :wink:

Edit: Endless, you're a bit weird aren't you? :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)

In summary: not much (so much for inspiration :lol: )

Things I've done
- Self-taught additional Further Maths and helped people with Maths on TSR :teehee: (yes I actually put this down)
- Read a Mathematician's Apology, Fermat's Last Theorem and the Music of the Primes
- Attended a lecture on applied mathematics and the applications of differentiation and fourier series with regards to rates of change and ice
- Attended a lecture on Prime Numbers and certain patterns some can make in a select group of numbers and the Goldbach conjecture
- Taught a year 8 class simultaneous equations in a lesson I planned myself
- Worked at the Bank of England - PRA

Things I'll do
- UKMT senior maths challenge this November
- Self teach Additional Further Maths AS
- Sit the STEP paper(s) and AEA paper
- not much else on this part atm

> Student President
> Japanese Lessons
> EPQ
> CREST GOLD
> Charity work
> Radio club
> Young Enterprise (I already finished, but it is an idea)

also, a major thing (possibly) is to try and prove you are a hobbyist in the subject. For instance, I make apps and games so I'm hoping the fact I can already program will help me get into my comp sci course.

Btw, your grades make me jealous -_-
Reply 1059
I'm retaking Year 13 but dropping English Lit after doing that along with Psychology and French, with Forensics taking it's place.

Year 13 is on another level in terms of difficulty, for example, my English coursework was marked a B by my teacher but then knocked right down to a U by the board, that was a whole 22 marks lost! For French, I got high U's at A2 which somehow scraped an E overall thanks to my AS, things really do get tough.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest