The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Etoile
I know! I need to get some big dictionaries too, but I think I'll get them up there since I don't fancy lugging them from home! I can't wait to get started! Learning new things :sexface:

I know! doing a tour of UK freshers weeks first as I start last of all my friends :colone:
Reply 41
Original post by catface1994
I know! doing a tour of UK freshers weeks first as I start last of all my friends :colone:

That is such a good idea! :lol:
Original post by Etoile
MML at Gonville & Caius, so excited :biggrin: You?

Hello fellow MMLer! :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by Buongiorno
Hello fellow MMLer! :biggrin:

Hello! Have you started doing any of the reading/buying any of the books?
Original post by Etoile
Hello! Have you started doing any of the reading/buying any of the books?

No, not yet- which makes me feel like I'm slacking! There are 12 texts in total for Spanish buy you only study 6, so I am not sure which ones to buy since my college haven't given me details yet. What about you?
Reply 45
Maths at Girton reporting in. Who's the person teaching analysis for maths students? I can't open the link :frown:

I'm in a state of excitement and fear
Reply 46
Original post by Buongiorno
No, not yet- which makes me feel like I'm slacking! There are 12 texts in total for Spanish buy you only study 6, so I am not sure which ones to buy since my college haven't given me details yet. What about you?

I'm trying to buy the books at the moment, but I feel like I should start asap because my reading in German is so slow :colondollar:
Reply 47
Original post by monksy9
Maths at Girton reporting in. Who's the person teaching analysis for maths students? I can't open the link :frown:

I'm in a state of excitement and fear

Timothy Gowers. I'm not a mathematician, but I believe he's the only current Fields Medal recipient in the Department. (Also basically defined the debate on the AV referendum within Cambridge a couple of years ago.)
Original post by Lord of the Flies
Hey maths people, CHECK OUT who we have for Analysis.

:party2:

Dude, I'm so psyched :tongue:
Original post by bananarama2
6/11 2014 TSR maths applicants are thinking of Pembroke. Mathmos you've started something here.... :tongue:

Lord of the Flies

If they've got good taste in colleges, who are we to criticise? :teehee:
Reply 50
Original post by ben-smith
Dude, I'm so psyched :tongue:

See you at King's! Nice one! :biggrin:
Original post by DJMayes
If they've got good taste in colleges, who are we to criticise? :teehee:

Good taste is Emma :wink:
Reply 52

:cry2: :cry: :cry2:

Spoiler

Reply 53

Pah. :wink:
Original post by Etoile
:cry2: :cry: :cry2:

Spoiler

Sorry :tongue: You'll love Caius (It was Caius right?)

I keep using "Emma," without realising it, in casual conversation leading to some pretty confused people. :tongue:
Original post by Oromis263
Pah. :wink:

You can come round and bask in it's greatness if you want :tongue:
Reply 56
Sorry :tongue: You'll love Caius (It was Caius right?)

I keep using "Emma," without realising it, in casual conversation leading to some pretty confused people. :tongue:

Yep. It has a turret! :ahee:

At least it's a college some people have heard of :tongue:
Original post by Etoile
Yep. It has a turret! :ahee:

At least it's a college some people have heard of :tongue:

That is pretty cool! I thought it was quite a popular college. I was quite surprised when I found out it was them that accepted you (I had not doubt you'd be accepted :tongue:)

We'll all have to compare rooms when we're there.
Reply 58
That is pretty cool! I thought it was quite a popular college. I was quite surprised when I found out it was them that accepted you (I had not doubt you'd be accepted :tongue:)

We'll all have to compare rooms when we're there.

Nobody I've told has heard of it, or knows how to spell it :lol: So was I - they have a huge languages department and I was the only MMLer they took out of the pool :eek:
Definitely! Praying the beds at Caius are comfier than the one I had during interview time... I used to have a camp bed rather than a real bed and even that was comfier :lol:
Original post by Etoile
Nobody I've told has heard of it, or knows how to spell it :lol: So was I - they have a huge languages department and I was the only MMLer they took out of the pool :eek:
Definitely! Praying the beds at Caius are comfier than the one I had during interview time... I used to have a camp bed rather than a real bed and even that was comfier :lol:

Pronouncing it is hard if you haven't heard it said keys before. They must have thought you were pretty good!

Where did you stay at Emma? The bed I stayed in was pretty comfy.

Latest

Trending

Trending