The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Basket case
Guys,
Do you think it's fake students are being marked down for spelling Etc in subjects such as RE, geography and history?
I don't! I think English should stick to English as this could really affect borderline pupils if they are bad at spelling (like me, I mix up as welsh you spell a word as you say it unlike in English)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/10252812/GCSE-pupils-penalised-for-poor-spelling-and-grammar.html

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Speaketh welsh?
Original post by justthought

Also, I have a question for those of you who have done any fast track GCSEs: have you already received your certificates for these? I did French as an after-school fast track in year 10 but can't remember getting any sort of official documentation confirming my final grade..maybe I'll get it together with my other grades on Thursday? But I'm unsure because the GCSE was cashed in last year :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

you get it all together..... my school has held my GCSE maths certificate for nearly 3 years now :|
Hello, first post here on TSR and I thought this would be a great thread for my first post as I'm also waiting for my GCSE results like you guys!

Firstly, I would like to wish everyone good luck for Thursday (although I'm sure you don't need it!!). Hopefully everyone gets the grades they are aiming for or that they need to continue on to sixth form, college, etc. and that no ones worst-case-scenarios become reality, eek.

I don't know if Im the only person but I'm not really 'nervous' for the big day as such, just more eager to have it over and done with. I suppose our fates are sealed and there's no point being upset about something we can't change. I'm sure this weirdly relaxed attitude to the whole thing will dissipate as soon as I reach the school gates though haha

Also, I have a question for those of you who have done any fast track GCSEs: have you already received your certificates for these? I did French as an after-school fast track in year 10 but can't remember getting any sort of official documentation confirming my final grade..maybe I'll get it together with my other grades on Thursday? But I'm unsure because the GCSE was cashed in last year :s-smilie:

Anyway, good luck to you all once again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't help with the fast track GCSE issue but the best of luck to you too and welcome to TSR! :ahee:
Reply 5723
Original post by EvasiveRose
If you're busy feel free to ignore my comment:biggrin:

For some reason the edexcel grade boundaries won't load on my computer Would you or anyone else mind letting me know the grade boundaries for ICT: The Digital World?

Raw marks: 53/80 for A*, 49/80 for an A, 45/80 for a B :smile:
Original post by Krollo
53 A* 49 A 45 B 41 C out of 80

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ubisoft
Information and Communication Technology
5IT01 Living in a Digital World
Grade a* a b c d e f g u
Raw: 53 49 45 41 35 29 24 19 0
UMS: 72 64 56 48 40 32 24 16 0

Thank you guys so much! :hugs: + :hugs:
I'm so excited right now...
+ Dee 737 :hugs: (I just missed quoting you :tongue:)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by the A* guy
Hi Guys I am an A level student, and i'm not sure if you have them already but here are the

EDEXCEL GCSE GRADE BOUNDARIES:

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/GCSE%20Composite%201306%20v2.pdf

HOPE THIS HELPS! :biggrin:

Thank you!!

Don't really know how I feel about 46/54 for an A* in history - good I guess? Ahhhh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Edexcel linear maths boundaries are higher than I expected...
Original post by ryanb97
you get it all together..... my school has held my GCSE maths certificate for nearly 3 years now :|

Phew okay thanks for that!

Did you sit your maths GCSE 3 years early?! :shock:
what time do the boundaries tomorrow come out? is it midnight (as in an hour) or 8am? there seems to be a lot of different answers...

good luck everyone!
Reply 5729
Original post by radhikagulati
what time do the boundaries tomorrow come out? is it midnight (as in an hour) or 8am? there seems to be a lot of different answers...

good luck everyone!

so far ive heard

> no set time

> 6 am

> 9 am
Oh Wow at those Grade Boundaries... Especially for Edexcel's Triple Science... I feel sick:cry2:
Reply 5731
Original post by pathosL
so far ive heard

> no set time

> 6 am

> 9 am

It is 8am
Phew okay thanks for that!

Did you sit your maths GCSE 3 years early?! :shock:

Start - Nov yr 8 .. finish Nov yr 9 ... get certificate Nov yr 12
Original post by radhikagulati

good luck everyone!

i think it was around 5 pm last year....
when do the aqa grade boundaries come up?
Original post by laylarose
I can't help with the fast track GCSE issue but the best of luck to you too and welcome to TSR! :ahee:

Thank you! The site's a bit confusing to actually use but I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually lol

What GCSEs have you taken and a levels/further ed have you chosen if you don't mind me asking? Sorry if you've said it before this thread is so long)
Original post by CheesePuffff
Thank you!!

Don't really know how I feel about 46/54 for an A* in history - good I guess? Ahhhh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i did american west exam. what about you?
I have just seen the Edexcel Grade Boundaries and I only sat one unit with Edexcel-Religious Studies Unit 8 and the Grade Boundaries are high 77/84 for an A* considering that the previous Grade Boundaries fro the unit were 71/80,69/80 and 66/80 the Grade Boundaries are pretty bad but it was a really good paper and often I found it hard to choose between the 2 sets of questions.However, it means that my A* in RE is in real jeopardy because I need exactly 77/84 to get an A* overall and I'm not very good at SPaG, which accounts for 4 of the marks.
Reply 5738
Hey you guys, not actually a GCSE student am an A Level one but I remember this time last year and how nervous I was hence I couldn't resist myself from popping by and wishing you guys all the best of luck! I hope you all are genuinely happy with your results!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5739
Original post by stellabella97
when do the aqa grade boundaries come up?

Latest